Pretty Boy

Love is not Easy to Ace


Jihyo stared coldly into the boy's hazel eyes. She smirked, "First come, first serve." The boy scowled, but still his features were beautiful. The teacher coughed, "Joongki, get to your seat." So, that's his name, Jihyo thought, a pretty name for a pretty boy. The pretty boy glared at her for one last time, then plopped down onto a seat, far away from her.

As the first two classes flew by, Jihyo had already become surly. It was the same boring predictable routine. The teachers would introduce Gwangsoo and her, the girls would eye Jihyo suspiciously, the boys gave her looks, and all the while, she had to sit down and listen to the pointless crap they taught. To Jihyo's dismay, Joongki and Gwangsoo hit it off after their first class. It wasn't fair that Gwangsoo was being friends with somebody who probably already hated her, and witht the hottest guy in the school. Jihyo just couldn't wait for her class with Mr. Yoo. After all, he was the reason why she was in this wretched school.

It was break time. Jihyo waited for Gwangsoo. They both walked outside to the school yard. Even though, Gwangsoo was an idiot, she was grateful to have him. He had the kindest heart in their gang, and he took good care of her- even though, she refuses his help. 

They both sat down on a table farthest away from the crowd of people. Jihyo wished that Haha had packed a snack for them. She was getting rather, jealous of seeing all the young kids munching on happy foods when she ate as a kid. Being in a gang with Jongkook, meant strict diets and lots of exercising. Over the time, though, Jihyo appreciated it, but still this was school. Jihyo could see Gwangsoo was thinking the same.

"Er, so how does it feel so far?" Jihyo asked, tentatively. Gwangsoo stared, enviously, to the crowd of boys playing basketball, before answering. 

"It feels weird. I don't know if I should join or not. This is probably the hardest thing I've ever faced." Gwangsoo mumbled. Jihyo felt sympathetic. Poor kid. Jihyo sighed. "You can ditch me, I'll take care of myself." Gwangsoo stared at her, skeptically. "Look, I know you want to go and have fun, and I know Jongkook said to stay by side being you, but it's okay. I'll tell Jongkook, that you think there are some gang members or something. Anyway, you're good at making friends." Gwangsoo grinned and stared at her gratefully. 

"Thank you so much, noona! Er, I mean Jihyo-ah." The giraffe then ran towards the crowd of boys playing basketball without giving a single glance back. Bastard. Traitor. Idiot. Damn you. Jihyo found herself, being in the position she hated the most in. Lonely. Jihyo didn't actually think, Gwangsoo would ditch her in a heartbeat. 

Checking the time, Jihyo decided to do some information gathering. She could use the bathroom, new kid excuse if she gets caught, which she won't. Walking around the empty school hallway felt something comforting. Jihyo the felt a rush of urge. She hadn't done this in a long time, but she chose a random locker and started to pick it. She remembered her old school days when she did this. It was a long time before she'd gotten caught, but by then she had sold at least over a hundred items and kept another twenty for herself. People labeled her as a kleptomaniac, but it was worth it. It was worth the bullying and isolation, it- Jihyo heard shoe steps and turned around to face the intruder. 

It was him. The pretty boy. Joongki. "What the are you doing, new girl?" He said alarmed.

Jihyo narrowed her eyes at him. She wasn't in the best posistion to defend herself, if he told a teacher, but seriously who tells teachers anything these days? "Stealing, now off before I hurt your pretty little face."  She threatened. He raised one eyebrow. She slammed the locker shut, and stormed out of the school. She ended up being in a little alley between the school and the sports shed. He followed.

Jihyo was ashamed. She hadn't expected to be caught so quickly. He then shook his head and turned to leave, but Jihyo found herself grabbing his arm. "Don't tell anybody." He nodded. As Jihyo faced his retreating back, a sudden thought struck her head. What was he doing alone in the hallways? 

***************************

"How was it?" Gary asked Jihyo and Gwangsoo when they got to their base. Haha and Gary were already there, but Jongkook wasn't. He had to stay behind for a teacher orientation, Gary explained when Gwangsoo asked. Jihyo giggled at the thought of Jongkook sitting in an office discussing the best way to train kids. It suited him, somehow.

"Ugh, the horrors, hate the little es that run around the school" Jihyo said. 

Gary smirked, "I thought they were pretty hot." 

Jihyo shot him a look that could kill. Haha was lazily surfing his laptop. Jihyo sat down beside him, and he gave her a suspicious look. Jihyo then pounded her fists on him, and Haha shrieked when she twisted his arm behind his back. "I cannot believe you. You. ing. Bastard." Jihyo kneed his back when she paused in her speech. Gary and Gwangsoo looked at them amused. After a whole minute of torture, Haha apologized. Jihyo sat down, fuming.

Haha and Jihyo met in the hallways passing through each other, when he suddenly whispered, not-too-quietly, "That was a fun night. We should do it again." and the students in the hallway heard it. Every. single. ing. one.  This had started the rumours, and before Jihyo knew it, she had blew her first day of school being "unnoticed". Now Jongkook was going to get mad with her, and the girls were going to start their petty wars. 

Haha sheepishly grinned, "I'm sorry, but I couldn't resist." Jihyo got up to pound him more, when Gwangsoo stopped her. 

"I heard the boys talking at lunch, but it only made you just popular. Don't worry about it. They all think you're hot and want to sleep with you." Jihyo scowled at Gwangsoo, and opened to tell him a piece of her mind, but stopped. Gwangsoo was still stuck in the highschool way of thinking zone. Gwangsoo wouldn't possibly know that what the students said there about her, she could care less. She was more concerened about the gang, and her task.

Gary came in through the door. Jihyo bit her lip. Gary was looking pretty damn hot right now. He stepped onto her bed and started to feel her. Jihyo needed him. She pulled his hair and their tongues tangled for dominance. Gary won. His hand started to trail upwards in her shirt, and in one shot, he pulled it off. Jihyo clawed his back, her heart racing. As Gary led her sweet spot, his face flashed into her mind. The pretty boy. Joongki. With that thought, Jihyo flipped Gary, so she was on the top. The door slammed.

Author's Note:

This chapter was blah. Not really happy with it, but because of some really nice comments and stuff, I decided to update it, though. Don't expect frequent updates, cause Caged in Marriage is my main focus right now. If you hadn't already, check it out. Leave some nice comments for this story, please! It makes me happy and more determined to write.