Friday

Love is not Easy to Ace


Jihyo huffed as she sat down on her desk. It was already Friday. Jihyo loved Fridays, but not now. She didn't get any valuable information about Mr. Yoo and it was already the weekend. She liked Mr. Yoo, she really did. He was funny, kind and a major chatterbox but he told the dance club members to call him Yoo hyuk, which was his dancing name. Despite his casual personality, Jihyo knew he was observant and clever. She could always see his mind racing with possibities when he looked at his students. It was pretty easy to believe that he was involved in dangerous matters. 

Despite her efforts, she never got close with Mr. Yoo. Minah from the Girl's Day group always overshadowed her and even Gwangsoo was well liked by him. She could practically, feel Jongkook's breath in her face when he would yell at her. 

She hated the dance club, but not as much as she hated gym period. There were only eight girls participating in gym, but it wasn't only that. It was Kim Jongkook. He was a pain in the . He picked on Jihyo and Gwangsoo the most, but Jihyo knew he only did it, because he can. Even in the gang, Jongkook couldn't boss them around as much as he wants to, but this was gym. 

Gary was more annoying than nice. Since, he was an assistant teacher, he had the most time to roam around and snoop, but that didn't stop him from pulling Jihyo into the janitor's closet to makeout whenever he spotted her in the hallways. They could that whenever, because Haha was the janitor. It was hilarious. But it was useful. Haha had access to all the rooms in the building and was pretty much ignored by the people in the building. It was a rather good thing since Haha was a neat freak.

"Miss Song... Miss Song?" 

Jihyo sprung her head up. It was Yoo Jae suk. He had just asked her a question.

"Wha?" The girls snickered, and Gwangsoo gave a snort. 

Jaesukssi was looking at her with disapproval. "I was asking you if you could relate to the main character in this play."

"Erm, uh... the guy already has his mind set for the... um, race?" The smartass sitting beside her glared at her. In reality, she couldn't care less about homework, but Jihyo now knew that this whole mission was going to take a while. Which . Hell, she gave her homework so that Gwangsoo could do it and he did it, gladly. Knowing Gwangsoo, he probably made her look like an absolote idiot.

"Joongki, tell us about the main character in this Shakespeares play." Jaesuk asked Joongki. Man, this guy was really getting on Jihyo's nerves now.

Joongki cleared his throat. Jihyo thought that he was a regualr playboy, but actually, after sneakily getting a little bit of info from Gwangsoo, it seemed that he was more interested in studies than girls. Not that she cared. "The guy has his mind set on life. He knows his values and beliefs and he follows them religiously, until a lady comes into his life. All his life, he just wanted a place to belong, and he felt like he belonged with this girl, who ended up breaking his heart, because he's a naive boy." 

Jaesuk clapped. Most of the girls followed wuit, along with Gwangsoo. Jihyo shot a look at Gwangsoo who sheepishly, stopped clapping. 

"Miss Mong, I expect you to follow Joongki's way of listening." Jihyo willed herself not to blush. She hated the nickname. She knew it was going to stick to her, but somehow it suited her.

******************

Dinner was quiet. Usually, the gang had dinner around eight, since they all did their gang work right after school. Being in a gang was no easy life. You didn't know who was watching you, and you got betrayed by people you met briefly or people who you thought they were your friends. Jihyo's heart was stabbed too many times. Same with the rest of the gang. 

The RM was a successful gang; they had many enemies because of that. Hell, even the police were on their tail, and that was only for the best of the best or worst of the worst gangs. It was a gang custom not to go to the police, but that didn't mean policemen were never involved. They were always involved.

Everybody in the gang had their own specific jobs to carry at all times. Sometimes, they would switch and stuff, but they all stuck to what they were best at. Jihyo was their assassin, infiltrator, and money maker. Jihyo was small but quick and could guns the best. She was also, sent into big companies or gangs to pretend to be on the enemies side, then betray them without the enemies knowing it was her. That was different from Gwangsoo who openly betrayed. For the money part... She was glad the gang never asked but-

"It's Friday, guys." Jongkook said to the table. All chopsticks halted. They all knew it was coming. Their daily reports.

"Haha, did you get any files from Jaesukssi's office?"

Haha gulped, "Um, well I did get one file but when I checked, their weren't any of the files." Jongkook exhaled through his nose loudly. He then turned to Gary.

"What about you, Gary? Unlike, Haha you're not partying all the way up to 12 at night, righ?t" Haha's face reddened.

Gary stuttered, "Well, I did manage to talk to his best friend Sukjin, but er, only briefly."

Jongkook sighed. Loudly. He stood up. "What about you, Jihyo-ya? You don't go and sleep with guys at 2 in the morning like Gary. At least, you should find something useful." 

"I... I got nothing." Jihyo said quietly. She could feel his disappointment in the air. 

Jihyo's job was to be close with Jaesuk and get information from him directly. Haha's job was to get some of his private things like from his office, while Gary's job was to ask and visit the people who knew dirt about him. While, Gwangsoo-

"There's a gang in the school." All four heads turned to Gwangsoo. He continued, "I heard from Joongki, he said that they robbed his mom's store. They're not big or anything but like apparently, they're really connected."

Jongkook sat down, his eyes small from his frowning. Gary spoke up, "The pretty boy? What the hell does he knows about gangs?" Jihyo was wondering the same thing. Gwangsoo shrugged and resumed eating his lettuce.

"I heard from Skull. He said not to come to Busan. Apparently, it's a madhouse there and we're still wanted." 

Jihyo sighed. Even though, Seoul was the big city in Korea, the RM gang was known and took some control of the other big cities. The gang, before coming to Seoul, had a massive fight with the biggest Busan gang and the police were on the Busan's side. But the proud the police were, they didn't let the nieghboring cities know about Jihyo and her gang. Before Busan was Daegu. 

"Any more bad news, then?" Jongkook asked the group. "No? Ok, this is what we're going to do then. Haha when your on you duty, I want you to bug Jaesuk's office. Gary I want you to get your contacts from Seoul, and know about the big cities. Tommorow, Gwangsoo, Jihyo and I are going to have a meeting with the governemnt officials in the department of immigration." Everybody understood.

"Ok, Gwangsoo you're on for dishes today, the rest of you, get ready. It's gym time."

Jihyo groaned the loudest. She hated fitness fridays. It happened one Friday every two weeks.

Author's Note:

Is the story good so far? Please, tell me what you think, so if I should like continue it or just wait til I'm finished Caged in marriage or heck, even stop it. 

Anyway, I'm going to made a poster for this fic :p

Question: What do you think of the characters in the gang so far?