Seperated

Love is not Easy to Ace


Jihyo glared at the pretty boy in annoyance. Great, so far, so good at going unnoticed and bringing the giraffe with her.

Joongki stared at Jihyo waiting for a reply. Rising to her full height, Jihyo bristled before giving an unconvincing answer, “I’m here to get my hat.” The pretty boy took in her reply without giving a blink, all the while with the time ticking back. Jihyo willed herself, not to move out of his gaze, and both of them stood like that, unmoving and calculating each other, before Joongki gave a tired sigh.

“Gwangsoo’s waiting for you.” Jihyo inwardly, groaned at herself. Her face twitched into an unsure smile. She silently sidestepped Joongki only to be stopped by another question thrown at her. “How come whenever, I see you alone, you’re always nervous? Do you like me or something?”

Spinning around, Jihyo hissed at the boy and to her approval, the pretty boy finally took a step back. “I don’t like you. Now, before you say any more absurd things, let me get this one thing straight. You and I have nothing to do with each other!” Jihyo stepped away from him with a smug smirk.

However, the boy knew no limits, as he took a step forward, shrinking the gap between them to the original size, “But I know too many secrets of yours.”

Jihyo scoffed. “Oh please, that one thing you saw me doing? Go and tell everybody, I couldn’t give a about it.”

She ce again, except to no surprise, he threw out another remark that made Jihyo’s blood turn cold. “And the fact that Gwangsoo told me many things about you!” Jihyo kept on going in her tracks though. Jihyo-ya keep you’re cool. Breath in and out. Good. Think about the things you could do to him, if he was in a gang. She was going to kill that ing maknae.

“Gwangsoo!” Jihyo yelled through clenched teeth. Gwangsoo spotted her and hurried over to him, except in the process knocked down a little kid with his long knees. The kid started crying. Sighing, Jihyo motioned for Gwangsoo to just leave the kid to be since the kid’s mom had arrived and was giving dirty looks to Gwangsoo who was apologizing. Does that kid have no pride or what?

“Noona…” Jihyo ignored the pleading voice. “Noona!” Jihyo gripped his arm harder as she dragged him to Jongkook’s waiting car in the back alley of the place. The door swung open, and Jihyo pushed Gwangsoo inside the back seat. She sat beside him, waiting for Jongkook’s booming voice to start rebuking Gwangsoo, except he didn’t.

“Why did you go there?” Jongkook asked nonchalantly.

“To hang out with some gang members of the school with Joongki, just to see if they’re any threat.” Gwangsoo replied calmly, staring pleadingly, at Jihyo the whole entire time.

“Good job, what did they say-“ Before, Haha could praise Gwangsoo, Jihyo cut in angrily, wanting for Gwangsoo to get in trouble.

“Gwangsoo’s been telling the pretty boy about us!” Jihyo told the men in the front row. Jongkook’s head spun around.

“The Gwangsoo?! Going lazertagging with you’re girly friend of yours without telling me, I can take but this? Even you should get this by now!” Jongkook scolded at Gwangsoo. Jihyo gave a smirk.

As a gang, there were many rules, but another important rule was not to give out too much information about the gang to anybody. Unless the person was approved and trusted by all members. Of course, sometimes the RM gang took a risk, but Jongkook or Gary who both had been living in the life of crime the longest took those risks. Both of them had instincts that the members followed in a heartbeat. Gwangsoo, on the other hand, had no right or experience to do such a ridiculous thing like that.

“You and I are going to talk after this, and until we do, Jihyo’s going to stick to the pretty boy to see what he knows and to monitor what you tell him.” Jihyo just realized what Jongkook said but it was a moment too late.

“WHAT?! Ya, Kim JongKook! I don’t want to hang out with Joongki and Gwangsoo! Just tell Gwangsoo to not talk to him!” Jihyo snapped at Jongkook’s command.

Haha spoke up, “Quit your whining! Can’t you see? Gwangsoo can’t ditch the pretty boy because he’s Gwangsoo’s source to learn about the gang at school and their connections. Also, Gwangsoo can’t get another source, because then the pretty boy would notice and maybe spill all the knowledge that Gwangsoo told to him about us.” Jihyo gave a glare at Gwangsoo who avoided her gaze. “Another, it’s time you started to hang out with other people; you’re so lonely.”

“I’m not alone!” Jihyo answered, heatedly to Haha, who gave her his middle finger. Jihyo kicked his seat. Before Jongkook told them to cut it out since he was calling Gary.

Jihyo glanced at the still person behind her. The giraffe was staring dejectedly, outside, sighing occasionally, and Jihyo felt a tug in her heart. That boy is going to get us killed one day. Grudgingly, Jihyo pulled Gwangsoo’s slender hand into hers. He didn’t turn to look at her, but through the reflection of the mirror, Jihyo saw his lips tug upwards a little.

************

“Bye, be safe!” Jihyo called to the two men who were leaving to Busan. Jihyo hated it when the gang split up, but she knew it was for the best. Of course, Gary and Haha were going to come back, hopefully in four days, but still, whenever the gang members left, Jihyo was scared for them. But she didn’t cry.

“Don’t go and have too much fun.” Gary whispered into her ear, before giving a soft kiss on her lips. Jihyo held his face with both her hands, and returned the kiss harder. She gently, pushed him away. And with a wave, they left.

Jongkook grabbed Jihyo’s shoulder and Gwangsoo’s shoulder pulling them up close to him, one on each side. Jihyo shook herself, away from him.

“They’re going to be fine.”

“It’s not them, I’m worried about; it’s us. How the am I supposed to survive with just you and Gwangsoo?” Jihyo scoffed at Jongkook, who shot her a dirty look, before going into the bathroom to shower. Jihyo awaited him to start singing.

Sighing, Jihyo flipped through the channels. Gary and Haha were going into a city with both police and two huge gangs hunting for them. Heechul, had given a fake leak that the RM gang was still nearby Busan, so that had given them some breathing space to relax. The RM gang barely made it out there, and with just Haha, Gary and some few allies, it was technically suicidal. But they had to go. It was for all of their criminal records and fake ID’s that the police held.

Gary and Haha needed to recover the criminal records to destroy, and make new ones. They had to find Park Myungsoo who was in debt to Jongkook. He would make the new criminal records. And then they had to get their real ID’s that the police somehow found. They also, had to get rid of those. After that, Jongkook had found some interesting things about Yoo Jaesuk that could help them in Busan. There was once a base that Jaesuk apparently had in Busan, but they had no idea where it was. It would be a long shot for Gary and Haha to find it, but if they had time, that was worth searching for.

Jihyo was supposed to go, also, but Gwangsoo reasoned with the gang that since she was a student, if she suddenly left, he’d have the trouble with explaining that. It actually made sense. Gwangsoo, Jongkook and Jihyo were all confined to this cursed school.

All three of them here, had to make fake ID’s, do some more scouting, which was the most boring job as a gang member to do and they had to get closer with Yoo Jaesuk. Jihyo’s hand itched to grab a good shotgun. She should’ve been there with Gary and Haha. It was too dangerous. Not to mention, being alone with Jongkook and Gwangsoo practically screamed, torture for four days. Maybe more, depending on how well the two men performed with the schedules in Busan.

Gwangsoo sat beside her. Jihyo spoke, “I can’t wait to get out here.”

“Yea.”

The two pair of siblings sat by each other in silence, staring into the moving images in the tv screen that Jihyo bought. Guiltily, Jihyo tried not to think about them. She wondered if they were doing all right, or if they missed her. Probably not.

“I think we should get wasted tonight.”

Author's Note:

Is the story so far good?