Identified

Love is not Easy to Ace


"Thank you, Sungyoo-ssi. We'll come back to you, once we get our birth certificates." Jongkook shook the short and thin man's hands. You forgot to mention criminal records.

"Erm, and the criminal records, um Jongkook-ssi!" Squeaked the nervous man. On the corner of her eye vision, Jihyo could see Jongkook's smile tighten to a thin line. Jihyo pretended to be busy by shuffling the files around. Jongkook released the worker who'd been busy explaining on for immigration to another country for the past hour. He was a tough and stubborn man despite his lacking features of a hardworking worker. He had gotten on Jongkook's nerves way to many times and Jihyo had, not one, but on two occasions die from embarrassment.

Jongkook had decided not to bring the troublesome maknae along for he was too detectable, his features easily known. Having Jongkook come here was also rather risky for his bulging muscles also , made him easy to remember. In places like this, it would be Jihyo and Gary but Gary usually fumbled in smooth talking with officials and lacked the calmness in discussions on legal matters. Today it was Jihyo pretending to be Mrs. Kim. 

Jongkook tried to walk out of the office nicely, but his fists jabbed into his pockets didn't help his "cool" image. Once in the car, Jihyo let out a tired huff. That was her mistake.

"Hey! It's not my fault, so if your annoyed, then you can go ing make ID's for us!" The commander snapped at her. Jihyo crossed her arms, staring outside.

"Nobody's blaming you Kim Jongkook, so shut the up and let's go and get HaHa." The commader grunted in reply before speeding off to pick up HaHa who was with Jaesuk surprisingly. Yesterday in the private gym, Jongkook had rented with the money (Jihyo gave to him), and Haha had gone to the nearest convenience store to buy some energy drinks for them all when he ran into Jaesuk. Of course, Haha couldn't let go such an important moment pass by, so Haha used his wit and childish jokes to get closer with Jaesuk while discussing some things that Jaesukssi liked, courtesy to the research and spying done by the gang, Haha was successful. Jaesuk had invited him to lunch with him. 

"Call Haha and tell him to come outside the restrauant." Jongkook instructed her. Jihyo took her cellphone and waited for his husky low voice to pick up.

Ten seconds passed. Then fifteen. Jongkook was fuming beside her. The gang all had a pact in recieving each other's calls in less than ten seconds unless they really couldn't.

"Wassup ma favourite gal?" Jihyo rolled her eyes before curtly responding to Haha's greasy "cool" tone.

"Meet us at the ramen place in fifteen minutes. Don't be late, Jongkook's not in the best mood and so am I. Don't forget to entertain him, also. Oh, and call Gwangsoo for us." Jihyo ended the call before she could hear Haha's response. Entertain was a code word for bug, and ramen was the gang's meeting place when they were all far apart.

"Remember the first time, I met you, Jihyo-ya?" Jihyo shot Jongkook a questionable glance. She didn't know why Jongkook would bring such a drab topic of the past. Before Jihyo met Jongkook, she'd been roaming around the city by herself with Gary. They didn't trust each other, but somehow it worked. They had each other's back, and fought back the nieghboring gangs. At that time, Jihyo had run away from her home and she didn't plan on coming back. She didn't take any money. So there she was, an eighteen year old working five shifts a day at a local cafe. That was where she met Gary. She was taking the garbage outside, only to find Gary boxing another tough looking dude. Gary won, and stole some money from the guy's wallet. Jihyo had seen it all and Gary... He immediately turned to her, maybe even out of fear because Jihyo took a picture of him crouching over the unconsicious guy with his wallet. The image was all clearly in the picture.

"What do you want little girl?" He sneered at her, but his eyes darted around her aiming for her cell. Jihyo smirked. Lately, she'd been scraping money from unlikely places, and here was another perfect opportunity. She could go and fight him herself, but something told her he was more skilled in boxing than she was. Her hands itched for a good fight. But this wasn't the time.

"If you give me five hundred tommorow, I'll delete the pic. If not, well I guess, jail is the closest thing you'll have to a home then, eh?"

"What makes you think I'm aquainted to the ing police?" He took a haughty step forward and Jihyo rolled her eyes.

"Then leave. Simple as that." Rain started to pour. Cliche. But it worked. None of them wanted to get wet for long. The fat droplets streamed down her face. The boy blinked a couple times to wash away the rain from his eyes. He had really long eye lashes. His shoulders sagged and his white dirty t-shirt was soaked. Jihyo could see a gash near his ribs. Wrinkling her nose, she took another leap of faith, "If you let me stay in your home, I'll clean your wound."

"Fine"

Jihyo followed the boy. She dumped the garabage bags she was holding in a nearby bin. Jihyo stopped in her tracks and stared at the dark grey sky over her. Unpenatrable and stormy. Just the kind of weather she adored. Too bad in this place, pollution was strong and rain was would make her mutated. She had this feeling, the same feeling that she had when she ran away from home; it was a good feeling and Jihyo ran after him, but not before she stuck her longest finger in the air inside the cafe. She heard gasps and quickly ran off to catch up to the boy before her boss could go and throw something at her. 

Rain splattered onto her face, and she smiled. The wet cool feeling on her hair and arms was refreshing. The boy glared at her. They walked all the way to his home, which was an annex on the roof in an old apartment. In there, Jihyo cleaned the boy's wound and there was where the friendship began. 

It didn't take long for Jihyo and Gary to become friends. They stuck together, even when they got kicked out of the annex because Gary didn't pay his rent money. Gary decided to let her stay once he saw her steal somebody's wallet in a second, and it didn't take long for them to have . Gary was her first. And they had more when they were bored. They were each other's partners and with Gary's skils of talking and seducing combined with Jihyo's pickpocketing skills and acting, they were a team. They made scenarios to the people Gary or Jihyo seduced and stole money from people who didn't know any better. 

It was seven months later that they met Jongkook and Haha. Later on, after they all came together would be joined by Gwangsoo.

"Hmnnn, yea?" Jihyo replied carefully. It was times like this Jihyo wished she could figure Jongkook out. He was a guarded and emotionless character, and it took quite a while for Jongkook to open up to her when they first formed an alliance, which led to becoming a gang without anybody really saying it.

"I thought that you were the iest person on earth. A smart and clever . That's why it took me a really long time to be friendly with you." 

Jihyo stood there stunned. She didn't know if she would consider Jongkook a friend. Her partner, yes. Her leader, yes. Her older brother, why not? A friend? Not really. Even after they both opened up to each other, they didn't come as close to each other as they were with others. Maybe, she was too cold and totally misinterpreted Jongkook's feelings for her.

"Since we're talking about what we first thought about each other, do you really want me to get started on you?!" Jongkook chuckled and momentarily relaxed his grip on the wheels.

"Ahahaha, no," His expression turned serious once more,"I just wanted to say that once this all ends, we'll still keep in contact."

Jihyo didn't reply for there was no need. They had arrived. The meeting place was one of the smallest parks in Korea. Barely enough to be a garden, it was only labed as a Park dedicated to a dying man who wanted a park where his home was, except he didn't forsee that the idiots who built the park would actually only make it to cover his home plot. Many people didn't even know it was a park, or heck, even existed and thought that it was a private garden. Gwangsoo for once, did really good research around this area and found a perfect meeting place for them like what Haha and Jihyo did in Daegu and Busan.

Haha was waiting there with a worried face. "I don't know what's happened to Gwangsoo! He wouldn't answer my calls and-" Jongkook cut in the frantic Haha. 

"Haha, you need to get in contact with Park Myungsoo!"

"The old and bald pathethic excuse for a man? Why?" Haha cried in frustration. Jihyo sighed. Haha was such a dim witted kid sometimes.

"In order for our new ID's we need birth certificates and... and criminal records. And that's pretty much impossible to steal our records which are held by the Busan police and actually show it to the goverment for approval!" Jihyo explained to Haha, who started to look like he got the whole situation but foolishly still asked about why they couldn't perusade their host.

"You idiot," Jihyo whispered through clenched teeth to Haha because Jongkook was looking rather pissed holding his cell to his ear, waiting for Gwangsoo to pick up, "The guy's been set there cause he knew we were coming! He's stubborn and he insisted in all of our records. Good and bad!" 

"Where the are you?!" 

Haha and Jihyo both glanced at each other, their faces pale. Jihyo sighed inwardly, and cursed the maknae for neglecting his duties. Haha inched behind Jihyo, before Jihyo shot him a glare and shoved him forward. Ha Donghoon was supposed to be the man, not her. Goodness, she didn't know how Haha stuck on with Jongkook longer than her.

Haha pointed to the car, and Jihyo nodded. They both tried to walk as quietly but casually as possible to the car, only to be-, "Get the ing car ready. I cannot believe this kid. We're going to Lazer Planet!" Jongkook stormed into the car and slammed the door. Lazer Planet. She hadn't heard of a such a fun word in a long time. 

Jihyo sat in the back with Haha as Jongkook raged internally. They both knew that because Jongkook only put on his sunglasses on, even in cold weather when he was mad.

Jihyo gave Haha an apologetic look who shrugged and stared out into the window. She could understand why Jongkook was so mad, and it was because out of love. Gwangsoo was the maknae and the least experienced. Sometimes, it seemed like he didn't get the whole concept of being-in-a gang-means-dangers. He was too kind, naive and nobody wanted to pop that bubble. Gwangsoo's whereabouts were known all the time and was questioned when not found. Jihyo cursed Gwangsoo inside for going lazer tagging with the pretty boy. She had overheard Gwangsoo talking to Joongki on the phone this morning on her way to the bathroom. She heard two phrases, "Lazer tagging.... I own it" was one phrase and the other, "I'll be there."

They arrived. Jongkook flicked his head for Jihyo to have the job of retrieving Gwangsoo. She sighed and slammed the car door shut. Maybe, it would've been better if she wasn't supposedly "related" to Gwangsoo.

Inside neon lights were shone overhead. She could hear the beats thumping gently, the smell of pizza waffering towards her, and the cries and scuffles of the kids in this place. She groaned. It was the exactly the kind of place she avoided. Too fun. Her jacket had a white star on it which glowed purple because of the ultraviolet lights. 

Jihyo ignored the lady in the counter and snuck into the main area of Planet Lazer. She found the tall figure looking around nervously. Pulling her hoodie back down, Jihyo stomped towards the maknae-

"What are you doing here?"

Author's note:

Yay! Another chapter finished! 

Tell me your thoughts so far ^^

And check out my other story Caged in Marriage

Subsrible/Comment/Upvote and continue loving Runningman!