Finding out

Love is not Easy to Ace

Drowning her sixth shot, Jihyo let out a satisfied smack. Gwangsoo stared at her disapprovingly but Jihyo didn't care. Her head felt light, and it felt good just to be away from her senses. The faces of her members popped into Jihyo's mind, and she gasped, knocking her shot glass over, making Gwangsoo stand up in surprise. Giggling, Jihyo let out a hiccup. She was floating.


"Noona." She ignored the maknae, pouring herself another shot. She wasn't fully drunk yet, but was getting immensley close to.

"Noona." Swirling the alchohol inside of the cup, Jihyo stared at murky golden drink, before she saw Gary's face in it. 

"NOONA!" That was the last thing Jihyo heard, before she fell into a world of darkness tinged with red. A sharp pain at her thigh was all Jihyo could register as her mind was soon blown away. Damn it.


The loud beeping noise vibrated in Jihyo's ears. Groaning a bit, Jihyo turned her face to meet with the pillow. Ten minutes. Just ing ten minutes is all I need. Thus, her wish wasn't granted as this time, because another shrill loud voice that would make one annoyed filled her ears. Gwangsoo!

"Hyung! She's awake!" Jihyo pretended to sleep.

"You go outside, I need to talk with Jihyo." The loud bark from the commander boomed through the empty room. Jihyo scrunched her eyes, as the cover was yanked away from her and the blinding light struck her eyes. 

"I'm sorry, hyung-"

"I know, but not right now. Go and get some decent food for Jihyo. She's probably starving." A sigh was heard, and Jihyo sat up, rubbing her eyes. The curiousity in her perked, and the bulky frame of the commander was focussed in her vision. His frowning face, immediately brought a frown to her face.

"What happened? I don't remember anything." Jongkook didn't say anything for a while, and as she racked her brains of the recent events, Jihyo cursed at herself. She was drunk. In an open club, without Jongkook's permission. 

"I'm sorry." Jihyo whispered, her eyes flicking to the door. Getting her message, Jongkook closed the door.

"It's not your fault, Jihyo-ya, but..." Her leader's eyes flickered uncertainly, and Jihyo heart was clenched with fear that he found out. About her. Gulping nervously, Jihyo tried to think of a quick lie about it. , oh no. Jongkook opened his mouth to speak, "I'm only telling you this because, I think that it's better for you to know," I'm so sorry, "somebody gave our location away." Jihyo was ready to sob and plead for Jongkook's forgiveness.

"I'm so sorry- wait what?!" He doesn't know. Jongkook frowned at Jihyo before he leaned in whispering quickly.

"Somebody's following us. When you were at the bar with Gwangsoo, somebody drugged your drink" Jihyo's eyes widened at the explanation. The memory of last night was dawning into her mind, and it was no wonder that no matter how much she drank, she couldn't get fully drunk. "That's not all, somebody shot something at you, but I think... I think they were aiming for Gwangsoo." Her hands clenched the white sheets. 

"We need to get Gary and Haha back." Jongkook stared at her sadly as if he thought about the possibilities, also.

"Somebody leaked out our location. We're going to find a new house to stay in today..." Jongkook hesitated. Jihyo urged him to say more. She had to know his thoughts to think with him.

"I don't think it's anybody in our gang that leaked out information, but maybe... maybe the people we are close with. The only person who befriended anybody is... Gwangsoo. I'm not saying that it's Gwangsoo's fault, but the pretty boy. I don't like him." Jihyo gasped. Jongkook's theories were usually right on the dot, and this one would be no different. It was highly possible, but then why was there heaviness in her heart? She didn't want Joongki to be the betrayer because... because for some stupid reason it hurt. But then she remembered, he was always there. Joongki was there at the lockers. He was there for lazertagging. 

"It's no coincidence somebody tried to hurt you and Gwangsoo in a way it seemed like an accident when only I could help you guys. Since Gary and Haha are in Busan..." 

"Somebody seperated us on purpose." Jihyo knew that her initial feelings of seperation was because of these incidents. Jongkook nodded."We have to get Gary and Haha back! It's practically suicide in there, and if somebody... somebody knows about our location because they were tailing us, they would probably tail Gary and Haha! Jongkook, call them to come back!" 

"Look Jihyo-ya... I know how you're feeling but, we can't. It's too predictable," Jihyo sighed loudly, "Anyway, forget our original plan. Don't trust anybody, and I want you to spy on the pretty boy, but don't let Gwangsoo know. He'll get upset. And... we have to come clean to Jaesuk sooner or later." Jihyo nodded, her face solemn. 

"Okay, let's leave this damn hospital."


"This place reeks." Gwangsoo complained plugging his nose. Shooting a glare at the giraffe, Jihyo herself, found their rent home a bit dingy and grimy. Their new "home" was close to Mountain Ray High, but was in the poorer neighborhood that surrounded it. Old walls, and stone dirt scattered roads was all you could see in this street. Addition to the terrible location, their home itself was old-fashioned. With a wooden balcony outside, one willowy tree in the front yard, that was the house's "charm". In the inside, there was only two rooms. One for Jihyo, and another one for the men. With one washroom that was tiny with a crammed toilet, sink and shower, Jihyo knew she couldn't survive. If only Jongkook let Jihyo get the money. 

Jongkook had wanted them to be in a place where nobody would want to tail them. He had gotten a place where it was livable but not in the best conditions the RM gang was used to. He quoted "fresh, new, undectable and unpredictable is this house." Jihyo let out a choked scream as a cockroach scuttled from nowhere. Gwangsoo had taken care of it by accidently stepping on the damn bug.

"Does this place have wifi?" Jihyo asked Gwangsoo. Jongkook had gone to a teacher get together at Jaesuk's house to do some nosing around at Jaesuk's home. 

"Yea, thank goodness it does." Gwangsoo grumbled in reply. They were only staying here for four days, during that time to make new fake ID's and find a new safer home with a cleaner bathroom. "UGH, it's so hot!" Gwangsoo shouted all of a sudden as he flopped down in the kitchen/living room. The giraffe then proceeded to take of his shirt. Jihyo looked away, nothing to see there. 

Wiping the thick layer of filth, sweat poured out of Jihyo. The unfair Jongkook had given them the duty to make the home spotless, and livable, even asking to do some home decorating. The bastard was probably enjoying some fresh fruit, socializing, while Jihyo was given the unfair task of yelling Gwangsoo to work every five minutes, while she herself, worked tirelessly battling the dust that covered this damn house.

Complaining helps nothing. Remembering her own lectures to herself back in that time of her life, Jihyo patted her pants, before bringing out the broom to sweep.


Two hours later, the home was spotless enough. Jihyo and Gwangsoo both gave toast to them being alive by drinking coke they found in the fridge. Gwangsoo's adam's apple bobbed up and down as he finished his drink in one go. He let out a burp. Sighing, Jihyo passed him a tissue. The two tired people stood in each other's company before Jihyo decided to some questioning. 

Jongkook hadn't told Gwangsoo about his suspicisons bout Joongki, because he had asked Gwangsoo when Jihyo was asleep if he had faith in Joongki 100 percent. After a while, Gwangsoo had replied yes to Jongkook's surpise. It was Jihyo's job to stick with Joongki and see if he was the betrayer. Carefully crafting her question for Gwangsoo was pretty smart at picking up things just from how people talked, Jihyo asked in a curious voice, "Was lazertagging fun? I've only went once, and that was a long time ago."

"Oh yea, it's awesome! I came second for ranks out of the people we played with, since you know. We use guns and all." Winking at Jihyo, Gwangsoo took a sip from his second can of coke. 

"Was Joongki any good?" 

"Better than I thought, he came fourth out of twenty six people." 

"Oh." Jihyo's heart sank. She rebuked herself for letting her emotions do this. "Before Joongki met you, who was he friends with? I mean, isn't he popualr?"

Gwangsoo chuckled, "Nah, he's actually really unpopular with the guys! He's good at sports, but he's smarter so he studies more. He cares about his grades more than shagging girls which annoys the hell out of the guys since they all wanna get laid. Only girls like him. They think he's... mysterious!" Smiling, Jihyo masked her surprise at this revelation. She had expected the pretty boy to be a typical playboy. Maybe, she had judged him too quickly. Aish, get your mind out of the gutter, girl! Why are you trying to find reasons to get him out of the hook with Jongkook?!

"He thinks you're cute." Jihyo coughed. This unexpected comment from Gwangsoo left her shocked and confused. She shouldn't be feeling the tiny warm, fuzzy feeling in the pit of her stomach. Her heart shouldn't be swelling, but why was it? Shaking her head, Jihyo scoffed, but inside, she was dying to know more.

"Nah, he hates me." Please, deny it.

"Nope. You know so little, Jihyo noona! I think he likes you, he asks about you a lot and-" Jihyo widened her eyes, as she saw a person approaching them. Shoving Gwangsoo to deal with the person, Jihyo scampered inside the house. Peeping through the window, her eyes narrowed at the sight of the man. He looked like a regualr delivery man, but she saw a tip of a tatoo on his neck, that was cleverly covered. Gwangsoo was doing his act of a fool who knew nothing as he kept on touching and ruffling his hair and had his "dumb" look on his face. The kid was a genius sometimes. The man pointed inside, as Gwangsoo shook his hands. Finally, the man left with a confused expression. 

Jihyo inhaled and coughed at the musty odor of the room. The man was obviously looking for a reason to come into the house by pretending to take something, but Gwangsoo had managed to persude him to this was the wrong house. The tatoo kept on sticking in her mind, before the realization struck her. Gang's tatoo!

Motioning Gwangsoo to come inside, she pulled the maknae inside her room. "Did you see it?" He nodded.

"I saw the tatoo for a second, but I think it was a bird with a rose on it's beak." Jihyo stared at the black spot on the wall before answering Gwangsoo.

"We need to alert Jongkook-"

However, before Jihyo could finish, Gwangsoo pulled her arm out of the room while saying loudly, "NAH, IT WAS NOTHING! FORGET IT!" Jihyo pushed Gwangsoo off staring at him as if he gone crazy. Leaning so that he could whisper, Gwangsoo spoke in a hushed voice, "This place isn't safe. I saw a bug near the picture. A hearing device, I think." opened, Jihyo's mind worked at ease. If they touched it, they, whoever they were would know about them knowing they were bugged.

Whispering back fiercly, "We have to use this to our advantage! Spread lies! And then let's move away when Jongkook comes back." Gwangsoo nodded. Together they went outside to make the call to Jongkook. 


Looking guiltly at the numbers, Jihyo withdrew the money. But she was desperate to leave out of this place. Gazing at the sleeping figures of Jongkook and Gwangsoo who opted to sleep in the living room after seeing a rotten spot in the floor, Jihyo felt a surge of protectiveness over them. If that meant doing this, then she would do it.