Birthday and Goodbyes

Living With My Idols

                                                          

 

[Mikayla’s POV]

Taemin and Minho said their goodbyes when we reached the 10th floor, once inside the dorm I tossed the package on my bed and headed to the bathroom to wash up.  When I finished, I passed by Eunhyuk oppa’s room and saw him sprawled onto his bed with shoes on and asleep, I sighed and went inside. I removed his shoes, socks, adjusted him, turned the AC on and closed the lights. When I arrived at my room I saw Donghae oppa and Henry sitting on my bed, reading the card from my best friend, I gasped when I saw them

“Oppa” I silently said and they both looked at me.

“Today’s your birthday” Henry said equally silent

I avoided his eyes and looked down

“Why didn’t you tell us?” Donghae oppa asked me, disappointment etched in his voice.

“I didn’t want to bother you with anything and besides, I didn’t feel like I want to celebrate it anyway” I shrugged

“So it’s fine oppa” I added and smiled at them.

“So you didn’t think we’d want to know anyway?” Henry said now sounding a little mad

“T-That’s not it oppa, I still had fun today” I protested

“We’re your family now Kayla. We have the right to know, whether you want to celebrate or not!” Henry screamed at me while standing up from my bed.

“We would have wanted to celebrate it with you, you know” Donghae eyed me slowly and walked out like Henry and closed the door behind him.

I sunk down on the floor and tears slowly escaping from my eyes, ‘I disappointed them again, My Best friend Henry, My ultimate bias DONGHAE and everybody else’ I thought and cried silently in my room. After being tired from crying, I sat on my bed and opened the package from my best friend, it’s a Cellphone; I smiled weakly when I remembered that she was complaining through email that I didn’t have a phone. Then I proceeded to the letter from our family’s lawyer.


          Mikayla,

Hi. First I wanted to greet you a Happy Birthday, I hope that you’d still celebrate it even without your parents, you know you can count on me if ever you need anything.

Next, this won’t go without being discussed Mikayla. Your parents’ last will and testament, before you went to Korea we discussed that I’d let you move on first, it’s been three months dear we can’t let this go any further. If ever you won’t contact me by next week to tell me your decision whether you want to go back here in California or not, I’d let your Mom’s only sister do what she wants with the house you left here and discuss with the board of directors to whose ownership does the Fashion Company your mother and father built goes. I know this is urgent Mikayla, but you need to go home and face the things you left unattended for so long, you can’t run away forever.

Again, I wish you a Happy Birthday.

                                                                                                Yours,

                                                                                                Atty. Davis

I sighed, ‘I really do have to go’ I thought. After so much contemplation, I put the things hidden in my drawer and retired to bed, as I was equally exhausted, mentally and physically.

The next morning, I woke from the light coming from my window; I slowly opened my eyes and looked at my alarm clock it was 10:00 am, I jumped out from my bed, and out of my room only to see a few of the members, Leeteuk, Ryeowook, Sungmin and Donghae watching a drama in the living room, Kyuhyun playing Starcraft, Shindong in the kitchen eating snacks.

“I’m sorry. I woke up late” I said and bowed to them

“Why are you saying sorry about that? That’s fine” Leeteuk oppa told me

I smiled and looked at Donghae oppa and saw him looking at me, I smiled at him but he just looked away from me, I frowned immediately and went back to my room to change clothes.

“Oppa, where’s Henry?” I looked at Leeteuk

“Hmmm? He went out to practice” Leeteuk said without looking up.

“Oh. Okay” I answered shortly. I went to the bathroom to brush my teeth and went back to my room again only to see Leeteuk inside.

“Oppa” I called Leeteuk who was looking at my posters

“Oh, Kay” he smiled at me half-heartedly.

“Wae?” I asked him

“Donghae told me what happened last night when you got home” he told me

I looked down, tears starting to form in my eyes.

“I’m sorry oppa” I half sobbed, he sighed exasperatedly and combed his hair with his hand.

“I just can’t believe you didn’t tell us. You of all people Mikayla” he answered without looking at me. ‘He called me Mikayla and not Kay’ I thought to myself, without uttering another word he went out and closed the door. I didn’t want to bother any of the SJ members today; I grabbed my small backpack, put in my wallet and phone and left a letter on my bed.

Oppa,

Don’t wait for me at dinner, I’ll be going somewhere. Here’s my phone number so you won’t have to worry. 0443-2-xxxxx. Call me when you need something.

                                                                                                                                                                                                       Mikayla Park

 

I sighed and went out my room; I saw all eyes following me. I stopped in front of the door and bowed, without saying anything, I left and closed the door, but I heard Leeteuk oppa’s voice booming over the door, calling me

“Yah! Mikayla Park!” I heard him, but I quickly entered the elevator and went down to the lobby.

I said hi to the guard on duty and went out to the supermarket. I bought different foods to cook, good for Lunch and Dinner. I also bought 3 boxes of fried chicken and 3 packs of banana milk. I headed back to the dorm building, but instead of going to the 13th floor, I got off at the 10th floor and headed towards the only door on the floor and knocked, I breathe in hoping there was someone in there right now.

“Coming” a voice came from the other side of the door

I sighed and was silently glad that somebody answered me. The door opened and a sleepy looking Taemin with a messy bed head appeared in front of me, I smiled at him while he was gaping at me.

“Annyeong, Taemin-ah” I greeted him

“Noona, why are you here?” he asked me surprised

“I’m visiting you?” I laughed at his reaction.

“Achooo. Oh okay.” He smiled back at me after sneezing

“Are you sick?” I asked him worriedly

“Anio noona. Just a cold” he smiled and sniffed at the same time.

“Kayla noona is here!” he screamed inside the dorm

“BWO? Yah, wait!” somebody screamed, I eyed Taemin confusingly

“Oh, that. Key hyung was just in boxers” he smiled at me cheekily

“Come in noona” he gestured me towards the living room and grabbed the bags I was holding.

“What’s this?” Taemin held up the bags

“Oh, I’m gonna cook for you guys” I smiled at him

“chincha noona?” he clapped his hands happily

“Yep” I said while laughing at him and then a person came out from the bathroom, wearing only jeans and with a dripping hair, Onew.

“Onew oppa, annyeong” I greeted him while trying not to look at his body, despite everything he still has abs you know, hey it’s hard not to notice that, so don’t accuse me of being a ert.

"Omo!” Onew said shocked, I grinned at him 

“You’re gonna get a cold with that dripping hair oppa” I said, I went near him and grabbed the towel in his hands and went to towel dry his dripping hair.

“There. That’ll do.” I smiled again

“Oh, Thanks.” He said while blushing

“Oh and I brought chicken for lunch oppa” I said while going back to the kitchen counter

“Really? Waaah. I Love you Kay!” he said happily while going to his room, to change I guess.

“What’s with all the noise early in the morning?” an annoyed Jonghyun said while scratching his head.

”Oppa, Mianhe. It’s me” I answered him

“Oh okay, but cook me some food. I’m starved” He smiled at me

“I will oppa” I said

“Noona” Taemin called; I looked back and saw a pouting Taemin.

“Wae?” I asked him

“Why’d you buy Onew hyung chicken and nothing for me?” He asked while pouting

“Oh, that’s right. I also went to buy 3 packs of Banana Milk for you.” I said while rummaging through the grocery bags and handed him a pack.

“Waaaahhhh. Gomawoyo noona” he screamed in delight, grabbed the banana milk and ran to the living room.

I laughed and went to prepare the ingredients for the Spaghetti and Meatballs, Dokbukki and Spicy Chicken stew.

“Yah. Mikayla Park, you come here without telling me. You almost saw me in my boxers.” Key said while coming out from his room followed by Minho.

“Mianhe oppa” I smiled to Key

“Aish. Whatever, just make sure that, that food tastes like heaven.” He said and went to join Taemin in the sofa who was now with Onew.

“Noona, I’ll help you cook. I’ll do the Spicy Chicken Stew” Mino offered me

“Thanks Minho. Ne~ you can start on it now” I smiled at him. After an hour or so, we finished cooking and arranged the table to start eating. Everyone was munching on something and in the end all the food we cooked was finished off.

“Kay, just leave the dishes. I’ll do that” Key oppa smiled and went to the sink to wash the dishes.

I smiled back and nodded. Suddenly, my phone rang, and I answered.

“Yobeseyo?” I waited,

“Yah, Mikayla Park!” an annoyed Leeteuk answered on the other line

“Oh, oppa. Wae? You need anything?” I asked sounding calm and unaffected

“Anio. Where are you right now? You’ve been gone for almost 5 hours now.” He asked me

“Oppa, I told not to worry and call me, only when you need anything” I sighed

“But, how can I not worry?” he was yelling again

“I’m hanging up oppa. Annyeong, and I’m fine” I sighed and turned the call off.

I spent the rest of the day and night with Taemin, Minho and Key oppa since Onew and Jonghyun has schedules by the afternoon. It was by 10 in the evening when I decided to return to the dorm and let the SHINee members have their rest early. When I got to the door of the SJ dorm, I sighed and entered the pass code, I sneaked in slowly, careful not to wake anyone up, but unfortunately the lights revealing Leeteuk oppa standing by the light switch, Henry and Donghae oppa sitting on the couch, I sighed and bowed.

“Annyeong haseyo. I’m going to my room now oppas” I nervously greeted them.

“Where were you?” Leeteuk asked coldly

“From the SHINee’s dorm. Goodnight oppa” I answered

“Okay. Sleep well” Leeteuk, said and turned back.

I looked at Donghae and Henry in the Sofa who was also looking at me, Henry stood up and walked in his room, Donghae oppa stood up and walked over to me, I thought he was about to say something, but also walked away. I sighed as tears fell from eyes like a river; I entered my room and slumped at the floor where I cried harder. Then I heard my door open, I wiped my tears with my hands and looked up to see Kangin, Ryeowook and Heechul standing in front of me.

“Oppa, annyeong haseyo” I greeted them weakly

“Just as I thought.” Heechul said sighing

“Yeah, she was crying after all” Kangin added

“Hey, stop crying Kay” Ryeowook said while kneeling beside me.

“They’re acting like children, just because she didn’t tell them it was her birthday” Heechul said while sitting down in my bed together with Kangin.

“I think I would do that too. If it was my first birthday without my parents I mean” Ryeowook answered still hugging me and Kangin nodded.

“Oppa, kwenchanayo. I’ll get over this in time” I smiled at them.

“Well, if you say so” Heechul shrugged and held out his hand to me and I grabbed it, he helped me stood up.

When I got up, he held my shoulders and said

“You can do it Kay” he smiled and kissed me on my forehead before heading out my door, Kangin oppa also hugged me and left.

“Kay, good night” Ryeowook oppa bid me good night and kissed my cheek before closing the door.

I looked around my room and sighed, within those 4 months I had fun. I took my suitcase out from under the bed and started packing my things. Tomorrow is Monday and it’s already the next week I was dreading about. I wrote a letter of goodbye for everyone after I finished packing and silently went out the door, when I got outside the building I looked at it one last time as tears threatened to fall again. I hurriedly caught a taxi to the airport.

 

A/N: Yey ~ I finally updated the story . :"> dun dun . Mikayla's finally saying goodbye . ottoke ? Watch out for the next chapter guys . :)) saranghae-you . Oh and advance valentines Day <3