In Which Mino is an Absolute Spaz

heretofore untitled [a blockbang au]

The next day comes much too slowly for Block B's liking. They're jittery on caffeine and nerves, hands shaking, nails worn down to nothing, lips chewed to bleeding. The bags under their eyes are more pronounced than ever and the coordi noonas who come into their dorm early in the morning are less than impressed with their state of being. After 7 thorough showers, their daily dosage of Biotin, and more pre-styling serums than you can shake a stick at, the coordi noonas are finally appeased and begin their work making the boys look as presentable as they would were they just about to go on stage. Their outfits toe the line between casual and formal and their hair is styled to near perfection and by the time they're finished, their manager enters the dorm to tell them that the vans are ready and it's time to head out.

"Do you think they'll like us? Do you think we'll fit in?" Taeil asks and Jihoon drapes his arms over Taeil's shoulders and rests his chin on his hyung's head. With a warm smile, he lays his lips on the middle part of Taeil's hair and gives a contented sigh.

"Don't worry, Taeillie-hyung, I'm sure they'll like us just fine," he cajoles and the rest of the group stares at the two who happen to be in their own little bubble of affection.

"Okay, seriously, you really need to tell us what your relationship status is because the amount of times you guys pull this is ridiculous," Kyung states, snapping the two from their reverie. Taeil clears his throat and straightens is already perfectly in place clothes before shrugging his shoulders in a dismissive manner.

"We should head to the cars before we're late," he says and the group agrees, seemingly sated by the prospect of being official YG Artists, in the short space of a car ride. Kyung, however, isn't appeased in the slightest, eyes narrowed in Taeil's direction. Before he knows it, he's the only one left in the apartment and he straggles behind the rapidly walking group.

"Don't think you're gonna be able to pull this again, Taeil! I will find out sooner or later!" He yells down to the eldest hyung heading the line down to the parking garage where the vans are parked and running. Taeil pretends not to hear and loads into the four person van with Jihoon, Jaeyho, and Yukwon, leaving Kyung with Jiho and Minhyuk and successfully unable to pry about his relationship with Jihoon. Avoidance is only going to get them so far, but they'll cross that bridge when they come to it.

--

The ride in both vans is filled with tense silence that not even Kyung's fuming or Taeil's flustering can break. After this they're probably going to be moved to a new dorm, they're going to be allowed access to the YG building as YG artists, they're going to be working with the best of the best and the people they've idolized for so long. A realization of that weight warrants more than a little silence on their part, contemplative for some, overwhelmed for others. The silence - however - breaks in both vans when the YG building comes into view. Jiho swallows once more, his heart hammering, chest tight, stomach dangerously close to knotting up into nothing, butterflies turned giant moths fluttering in his stomach. He's not sure he's ready and the cynic in him returns full force.

Don't expect too much.

This is gonna end about as well as everything does for us.

You're probably gonna ruin everything like you always do.

You and your stupidly big mouth, running around and saying .

You're gonna blow it for everyone.

Because we're not allowed to have good things.

Jiho's near panicking rant is cut short by Minhyuk's hand on his head. He registers someone telling him to breathe, that it's going to be alright, and he inhales deep and remembers exactly where he is, exactly what's going to happen, and silences the voice in his head immediately. He's one step away from being a YG artist, one step from achieving his dreams.

And he realizes with a start:

One step from being reunited with Mino.

--

"Mino-yah! Stop clouding the glass, you overexcited puppy!" Taehyun scolds and Mino just dismisses him with an outstretched arm. Seungyoon laughs and pulls the self-proclaimed diva from Mino's side. Taehyun is having none of that, though, and he breaks from Seungyoon's hold. Seungyoon just pulls him back and it becomes a battle of tugging that is ended by Seunghoon by means of tossing himself on the unintended arm bridge the two form, pulling both boys to the ground with a cackling Seunghoon crushing their arms underneath himself.

"Would you guys stop? They're coming! I see Jihoon!" Mino exclaims and Seungyoon wrenches himself from underneath Seunghoon (who Taehyun is glaring at with an unholy anger) and joins Mino at the window. He's hoping to see if that Zico character looks like him in person. Maybe they can terrorize people with their similarities and probably wreak havoc on fansites. The excitement dies when they're peeled from the window by a foreign set of hands. They find themselves facing a very amused Youngbae and offer twin kid-who-stole-the-cookies-from-the-cookie-jar smiles.

"You guys do realize that they're going to be in this building pretty much everyday, right? This isn't some one time opportunity to reunite and/or be extremely creepy about facial similarities," he says and Taehyun offers his two cents by yelling 'I tried to tell them that! Mino's just a big stupid puppy, though!' and Taeyang throws a look that clearly says 'thanks for the input but no thanks' and Taehyun shrinks back into himself.

"I have a reason to be excited, though. Right, Youngbae-hyung? Can you please explain that Taehyun?" Mino pleads and Youngbae fights back his laughter at the pitiful look on Mino's face that makes him almost want to humor the poor boy. Almost being the operative word here. So instead he moves to two from the window and pushes them back into the dance studio lightly.

"You guys have a debut to practice for, so you should get back to that. And remember to treat them like your sunbaes before you treat them like your friends," Youngbae advises them before leaving the rookies to continue their practice even though he knows that they know their choreography like back of their hands.

He heads back to wait with his other group mates just a little ways away from YG's office. They were assigned as the group to lead Block B around the building and introduce them to all the other artists. A bit of a menial task but YG wanted them to acquaint themselves with the boys seeing as they'd be making WinnerTV and Signal B air back to back and didn't want any of the interactions to be fake or forced in any way. So BIGBANG was on greeting committee duty.

--

The group didn't spend much time at all in the office with YG. They were quickly briefed on the importance of etiquette and reminded that they were humans before they were idols and that they must treat their sunbaes with respect just as they would treat their hoobaes with respect. It was all basic things they'd already known but were attentive of YG saying. With heads held high and near permanent smiles on their faces, they exit the office only to see BIGBANG in the hallway leading out. They freeze for a fraction of a second before bowing as low as their backs allow and greeting them with the vigor that was expected of them.

"You guys catch on extremely quick," Seunghyun observes and they all take on their own forms of humble pride. BIGBANG bows in return, all bowing a full ninety degrees and Jiho once again is left in shock at the respect that their sunbaes hold for them.

"You look a little shocked there, are you okay?" Youngbae asks and Jiho clears his throat a little bit and gives a shaky laugh.

"Oh, it's nothing, I'm just a little floored that you guys would have that level of respect for us. No disrespect! Just, I don't think we deserve that much respect? I'm just shoving my foot down my own throat at this point, aren't I?" Jiho rambles and the hallway erupts in a fit of muffled chuckles.

"I don't think getting along with you guys is going to be a problem at all," Seungri notes, and Jiho smiles.

Maybe they weren't going to this up after all.

--

Throughout the tour both groups exchange little tidbits of information about each other and are pretty much in full joking mode when they reach the dance room. A song the boys are sure they've never heard reverberates through the walls and blares in their face when the door is opened. They hear someone yelling a count structure over the beat and when they enter fully they see that Winner is practicing. Jihoon, Yukwon, Jiho, and Kyung wait anxiously for the song to finish practically shaking with the effort of not crowding Mino immediately with nearly 4 years of missed affection.

When the song finishes, Winner notices their sunbaes at the door and greet them with full bows and loud ringing voices. They stand still and Jiho notices Jiyong's infinitesimally small nod from the corner of this eye and Mino comes running.

"JIHO-OPPA! KYUNG-UMMA!" He screams and Jiho and Kyung have him in their arms immediately. Jihoon and Yukwon join in almost immediately, holding tight to Mino like they're afraid they're gonna lose him again. The other members watch the exchange with small smiles of their own. The hug breaks and the five boys stand side by side with their arms looped over each others, teary grins on their faces.

For the first time since they debuted, the boys finally feel at home.

--

im so miserable in this bed that i double updated OTL. anyways i hope you guys enjoy and i promise more blockbang interaction in later chapters and by later chapters i literally mean the next chapter. im just really a er for reunions dont sue me. also make sure to look out for zico getting hella jealous about the treatment gd gives jinwoo also territorial yukwon hissing at seungyoon lmao

till next time friends!!