GET OFF ME!!

Lost in panda love

today was so busy, i had to make my way through the SM building, getting lost a few times to pick up drinks for the Exo members and taking it to the dance studio every so often, getting welcomed whenever i went in like i had always been in this company. of course Chen would always be the first one to run up to me and show me the smile that lightens up the whole room whenever it was seen. Kris greeting me like he's been a friend for a long time which i loved about him because it made me feel so comfortable whenever i spoke to him. All the members always made me feel warm and welcome. but there was still that one.. Tao. although he'd always look at me and greet me with a smile; he never seemed to want to approach me. i didn't let it bother me though as i also had other things to do like help clean the rooms, make drinks for all the staff, send messages to staff amongst SM, so busy. feeling a slight vibration against my leg, i slid my phone out of my pocket and answered the call.

"hello?" 

"hi! this is your teacher from the university, I'm sorry you haven't had much chance to settle in but is it possible that you can pick up your work as soon as possible and complete it? tonight if you're able to would be good?" I tilted my head back and closed my eyes. ugh i was so tired and just wanted to get home after this, but the reason i came to Seoul in the first place was to continue my studies at university so i can become a makeup artist. 

"ah yeah, that's fine with me. I've almost finished work so i should be there soon, see you soon, bye" the call disconnected and i let out a big sigh, flopping my back against the wall and placing my face within my hands. she could have at least asked me to pick my work up in the morning before work. the clock read 9:30pm and i shot up from where i was leaning and went to collect my bag, i completely forgot i finished at this time. jogging through the corridor, i was stopped in my way as i collided with someone and fell onto the floor. i groaned in slight pain but hands grasped my arms and helped me to get back up onto my feet.

"so clumsy.. what are we going to do about you?" they chuckled. i directed my eyes to the person standing in front of me to only realize it was Kris. I gasped as i stepped back a little. i felt guilty that i didn't pay attention to what was around me and ran straight into him. i cringed as my arm felt sore to touch from where it was hit against Kris's arm.

"oh Kris oppa! I'm so sorry!! are you alright?" i took hold of his arm to check if it was alright, only to be taken back as Kris yanked his arm away from my grasp.

"YAH! I'm fine, but what about you? you seemed to have hit me quite hard" i stared down at my feet, my arm did feel quite sore from the collision but i didn't want him thinking that i was weak. he took hold of my wrist and rolled up my sleeve to reveal a red circle. Kris tutted and inspect where it was obvious it was sore. raising his eye brows, he probed his finger against the red mark and i let out a slight whine.

"ah.. you're probably going to get a bruise there, where was you off to anyway?" he stared, giving off a concerned aura about him.

"i was going to collect my bag, my shift has ended now and i need to drop off by my university to pick up some work"

"well, let's go get your bag and I'll walk you there, okay?" he smiled and turned away, walking to the room where i first met everyone and left my bag so i could get on with all my errands. he seemed to walk fast and it was hard for me to keep up with him. maybe because he was so tall and i had little legs? i don't know but i felt like a child around him as i was so short. should i get shoe lifts? no.. that's stupid. we entered the door and he took hold of my bag, extending his arm to hand it to me. taking hold of it i grinned. today everyone said i could go home without locking up as some one else will do it because it's my first day. it seemed so empty, the majority of everyone had already left. thinking back, i guess today was a really good day at work, the first day is always the hardest but i got to meet a lot of nice people, begun to prove that I'm not useless and i can follow tasks that are given to me, however i was so exhausted from it all, excitement and my busy schedule had tired me out. we walked out of the front floor and carried to walk together. the atmosphere between me and Kris kind of felt awkward, it was really nice of him to walk me to the university but no one was talking so it made me feel a bit uncomfortable. i decided to clear my throat and try to come up with some sort of conversation.

"hey, so erm.. is Tao always like this?" Kris gave a puzzled gaze but quickly turned his head back to see where he's walking.

"Tao always like what?"

"well.. it's not that he's being mean or anything but he seemed a little bothered by me. whenever I've came across him today, he's either tried to avoid looking at me but whenever he did he'd just show a slight smile and continue doing what he does. he doesn't try to communicate or anything, not even a hello" Kris sniggered and looked back at me.

"ah Tao? he's not like that all the time. but he is a little bit shy, give it some time. he'll talk to you eventually" I nodded and looked around. the street lights shone so brightly like the stars in the sky. so Tao is just shy? i wasn't sure if i had bothered him in some way. but when Kris told me that he's a bit shy, i felt a miniature boost of relief. Kris walked me up to the university and ruffled my hair. 

"you know how to get home right? do you want me to wait and walk you back" i shook my head reluctantly, putting my thumb up to him.

"I'll be fine! you've already walked me here and you've been busy today, just get back and get a good rest" what was i thinking?! i was new to this area and wasn't completely sure on how to get back, i knew my address but actually walking back and knowing where I'm heading to will confuse me. but i didn't want to bother Kris anymore as he had already been so helpful today. Kris huffed and ruffled my hair.

"alright then if you're sure, I'll see you tomorrow Lucy" he lifted his hand and turned, walking away and leaving me stood shocked. did i seriously just reject his help on getting home? I cursed myself under my breath and entered my university, i signed in at the registration office and hurried to my classroom.

"ah Lucy! you're here" my teacher was calling my from a little distance behind me. i made my way over to her and bowed.

"hello, thank you for being my new teacher here" she smiled sweetly and patted my shoulder.

"I'm looking forward to seeing you more here. i don't want to keep you here long so here is the work you've got to do. you know what you'll have to do right? study for tests. do some practical. yeah?" She handed over a folder with sheets of paper inside, being my first set of work I've collected from this university it made me quite happy. remember Lucy. this was a new start and will help progress in your career.

"yes.. i shall leave now so good night, bye" i bowed to let her know i was leaving and made my way back down to the registration office. i was quite surprised on how quick it took me to collect my work. thank god my teacher was walking around the corridors so i didn't have to walk far to collect the work. i signed out at the registration office and wished the man a good night. I stepped out the door and ruffled my hair.

"ah.. now to get home, oh god" i breathed deeply, feeling quite anxious about getting lost. i shrugged it off and walked down a street, i was sure this was where Cat had described to me on the note she left in the house on directions to get home but i left the note on the sofa. it was now 10:15pm and the street lamps were dim. leaving me exposed to the darkness. shivering, i hurried to try find my house but i was so anxious that i had started to forget where i was going. a firm grasp took hold of my wrist and tugged at my bag.

"what's in here then pretty little flower?" i struggled to release my wrist from his grasp.

"please could you leave me alone" the mysterious figure leaned in to my ear and slightly nibbled it

"what are you going to do? you're all on your own with no one to help" i shrieked as he slid his hand slowly down my arm trying to grasp hold of my bag. 

"GET OFF ME!!" i frantically tried to escape. not knowing what to do. i swung my fist round and hit straight across his nose. gasping at what i just did, i slowly stood back a little bit. shaking in fear at what was happening. the guy wiped the blood from his nose and glared up at me.

"you shouldn't have done that you little !!" he violently took hold of my shoulders and pushed me to the floor and kicked my shin harshly to stop me from running easily. I screamed and grasped my leg in pain. i felt tears seep from my eyes and run down my cheek. The guy begun to unbuckle his belt quickly and made his way towards me. I screamed and sobbed. crawling backwards, watching as he got closer and closer. he took hold my wrists and pushed me to the floor.

"YAH! what are you doing?!" a figure grabbed the guys hoodie and threw him off me. walking over to him and taking hold of his shirt and punching him. giving the man a busted lip. he went to punch the man again but the man scrambled onto his feet and ran away, looking back to see if the figure was following him. placing my hands over my face. i begun to cry hard from all the shock i had just suffered, shaking. my leg still really hurt from when the man kicked it. i heard foot steps approach me and a soft voice rang in my ear.

"it's okay.. he's gone" i breathed deeply trying to catch my breath but i was still crying. the figure placed his hands under my arms and helped me get back onto my feet. i cringed as i felt pain shoot up my left leg, making me carry on sobbing and almost falling back over. he took hold of my arm and put it over his shoulder. realizing i was finding it hard to walk without support. i turned my head round to the figure to see who it was. my eyes widened, wait..

Tao?

he never took his eyes off me, staring back into my eyes, piecing through my soul. it was actually Tao, he saved me? his eyes was watery looking like he was about to cry. 

"where do you live? I'll get you home safely" I pressed my teeth together baring the pain in my leg and told him where i lived. he placed his hand on my back, supporting me as i limped through the streets with him. the pain was still there but reducing as time passed. i still wasn't able to walk properly and rest was the perfect way for me to get back to normal. 

minutes had gone by and we was already at my house, Tao lifted me up each step, i felt so embarrassed that he had to even help me get up the steps to my front door. i searched through my bag to find my keys.

"you can go now.. I'm fine"

"but you're not fine. let me help" i sighed and unlocked the front door, pushing it open. only to feel my arm around Tao's neck as he helped me to the sofa and sat me down. 

"do you have a first aid kit?" i nodded and pointed to a cupboard that was nearby. he strolled over and opened the cupboard. picking up the first aid and kneeling down next to my leg. he carefully pulled up my trouser leg to reveal where i had been hurt. it was badly grazed, bleeding a little bit and had already begun to bruise quite a bit. he placed one of his hands at the back of my leg to support it and gently wiped it with the cleansing wipe. i cursed under my breath and Tao looked at me. it was easy to tell that he was worried about me. it was unusual to me as at the SM building all day it seemed like he was trying to avoid me or wasn't bothered that i was there. now he was taking care of my injury? however i had to be thankful that he just happened to appear that my time of need. if he wasn't there, it would have been much worse. he took hold of a bandage and begun to wrap it where my injury was, he took his time wrapping it, making sure it wasn't too tight that it'd hurt me. taking small glimpses at me every so often. i smiled and watched him as he wrapped my leg. he took such care of it that i suddenly felt so happy and couldn't stop smiling. Tao bit down on to his lip also smiling and sat next to me.

"it's all wrapped up now, you sure you are okay?" my heart slowly begun to pound harder as he sat next to me, speaking to me. i nodded, looking down to try to avoid eye contact as i felt my eyes begin to fill with tears again. i felt so touched that he put all this effort into helping me. a tear trickled down my face and i sobbed. 

"hey.. what is wron-" he gasped as i wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him tight. i burst into tears and gripped onto his jacket

"you saved me, thank you so much!" Tao lifted my chin up to look at him and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. his touch against my cheeks was so gentle, he stared into my eyes for a few seconds and took his hands away from my face. clearing his throat, he looked around the room.

"it's no problem, you was in need and i wasn't just going to leave you to get ually abused." he stood up and walked around for a moment, trying to find my bedroom, when he did he walked in and came back out with a pillow and blanket. i watched as he came back to where i was sat. he placed the pillow against the arm of the chair.

"lie down, don't put any pressure on your leg until the morning" i nodded and listened to him, i placed my leg up on the sofa and shuffled downwards so my head would reach my pillow. Tao took hold on the corners of the blanket and placed it over my body to keep me warm. 

"I'll let myself out, good night and sleep well" he looked down at me for a few seconds before he finally made his way to the front door, taking my keys and closing the door behind him, not long after being met by the sound of the keys being pushed through the mail slot and falling down onto the floor. I gripped my blanket and tried to get into a comfortable position. right now, i wish Tao could have stayed with me a bit longer, just to reinsure me that i was now safe. i felt my eyes drooping shut and i snuggled into my pillow.

thank you, Tao.