arrival

Lost in panda love

patiently sitting in my seat, i played with my fingers awaiting for the flight attendants voice to soothe my nerves. all i wanted to hear was that the plane had taken off and i was on my way to Seoul. I had an apartment waiting for me and i didn't want to wait any longer, oh gosh! what furniture would be there? how should i decorate? will it be suitable for me? what's the city like? are the people nice? I'm naturally a worrier but every possible question was swimming through my head . I took deep breaths to calm myself down, i reassured myself that I'd be fine although i wasn't completely sure myself. 

"good morning! the plane is just about to take off, we hope you have a pleasant and comfortable flight, thank you" I smiled to myself as i gripped a book from my bag, Manga was pretty much the only thing i read as regular books seemed to make me feel sleepy. shuffling in my seat, i tried to find a spot that was just right for me to be comfortable, not even noticing that the plane had begun to take off. AH HAH! finally a good spot. I opened my window to see we were already high up and i gasped to myself. wow, it was so beautiful being up in the air, the bright blue sky , the clouds surrounding the plane like it was hugging it. It was amazing. I took out my laptop and signed into Skype, Cat was probably waiting for me to call to let her know i boarded okay, i sent a request to call and straight after wards i was facing Cat. She was still the same as when she left a year ago. i never realized how much i missed her until i finally saw her face on the screen, knowing in hours time I'd be embraced by her warm hug. we wasn't the type of friends who would hug but i really didn't care at this time.

"Lucy!! did you board okay? how is everything?" she seemed really excited too to see me which i couldn't help snigger at. she usually was calm but seeing her like this amused me.

"ah Cat you don't have to worry so much about me, but yeah everything has been okay. but how are you? work and stuff?"

"you never change do you? I'm good thanks and work is great! it's amazing how close i get to work with idols and learning from everyone is also very awarding. which also reminds me.. if you don't mind. i set you up for a job in SMEnterainment!" my eye brows raised as i felt a silly grin slowly appear on my face. A job at SMEntertainment, seriously?! i haven't even arrived in South Korea and i already had a job waiting for me too? this was fantastic. Cat smiled and broke me out my day dream.

"ah.. i see you're already excited, the thing is.. you'll be making drinks for all the staff, doing little errands and also help lock up the building at night, is that alright?" my smile slowly dropped from my face, of course it wasn't the best job in the world but i had to work with whatever i could for the time being. 

"yeah that is fine, thank you. i appreciate it!"

"no problem, i shall let you sleep or do whatever you want. see you in a few hours when i pick you up" 

"okay, see you soon" i forced a smile and waved; watching the call disconnect. it hurt to see her face disappear from my screen. I held back the tears, knowing I'd see her soon enough and I've always hated crying. sighing, i shoved my Manga back into my bag and laid my head against my neck pillow. i barely got any sleep so i thought i my's well catch up on sleep. steadily, my eyes shut and i drifted off to sleep. 

i hope I'll be okay..

------------------------------------

"we have just landed in Seoul, we hope you enjoyed your flight, thank you" i yawned, stretched and groaned to myself. really? wow i must have been tired if i managed to sleep for that long. I gathered all my things, collected my bags and begun walking towards the gate. It was afternoon here and everything seemed so great, i was no longer in England. but in South Korea. I took a few seconds to allow myself to appreciate my surroundings. admired every detail. I strolled through the gate and bowed to the boarding women. i turned slowly around, looking at everyone, i felt like i didn't want to miss a single thing when a sudden tight grip surrounded me.

"LUCY YOU'RE FINALLY HERE, I'VE MISSED YOU" of course it wouldn't have been any one but Cat. gripping to me like super glue.

"AGHHH get off! people are looking!" i laughed trying to act serious. i missed her so much and allowed her to hug me for a little longer. she took hold of my bags and we scattered, almost jogging, giggling about stories and what has happened in the past year. we threw my stuff into the boot and i sat in the passenger seat. Cat sat beside me, starting up the engine and begun driving.

"you know.. I've missed you a lot, it's going to be like old times, like we have always hung out and you never left" I puffed my cheeks and let out a slight laugh. Cat smirked and didn't take her sight away from the road.

"yeah i completely agree, I've missed all of that too.well we'll be working quite close at work aye?" I completely forgot about that, holy I'm going to start work first thing tomorrow and i have no idea what it'll be like. passing drinks to all the hard workers. i can work towards being a makeup specialist and actually feeling appreciated. i grew up thinking that i was useless and if i disappeared. no one would care but this was my chance to change how i lived. my career will begin in Korea and I'm excited. scared. ready to try my best.

"ah! here's your apartment!" we pulled up by a modern Korean apartment, a few steps leading up to the front door. it looked so gorgeous in my perspective and i loved every bit of it. stepping out of the car, i trotted to the boot and got all my bags, dragging them up the steps and dropping them in a huff.

"will you hurry up and give me my keys?" i snapped, too excited to focus on anything else. Cat glared at me and walked up the stairs to open the door for me. she swung the door open and i ran inside. I felt my eyes fill with tears, there was a black coloured couch, a table and chairs, red walls which gave it a warm aura. a TV , there was 3 other rooms, one was my bedroom, one was the bathroom and one was a kitchen. 

"i bought the TV for you, i know you'll have work but just in case you get bored or want to watch something" i turned to face her and grinned to show my teeth.

"it's amazing! may need decorating more but it's so cool!" Cat nodded and threw me the keys and carried my bags inside

"i have to go for now as i have work to finish at home and do some shopping, I've already filled your fridge with food, I'll pick you up at half 7 tomorrow ready for work, yeah?" I bit my lip and gave a thumbs up. hugging her good bye and closing the door behind her. i carried my bags to my room and threw them on the floor. I'll unpack tomorrow.. i decided to pass time by trying out my new TV, watching a bit of TV and understanding the majority of what was on as i took Korean lessons for years so i was now able to speak good enough Korean. i slightly peeked through my curtains. it was quite dark outside and it was already half 9. i stretched out my arms and shuffled towards my bed and gave no hesitation in flopping straight on to it. She even got brand new covers, I'm lucky i had her right now. i snuggled up to my quilt and closed my eyes. early night for an early start tomorrow. ready to start my new job at SMEntertainment.