完了

ESCAPE [discontinued]

Tao always believed that powers showed more about the person they belonged to than any fake action or deliberately chosen words. To him powers were the real incarnation of people's feelings, so he usually judged others by them.

People without powers like his mother made him uncomfortable. People with really stupidly aggressive powers like his father who could drain all the fluids from a body within seconds scared him because he didn't see anything good in them.

It was really only  because he trusted his cousin's ability in judging others that he joined him. Kris' power was weak and he barely ever made use of it, so Tao probably underestimated him sometimes. When the other person he hired was Lay, who was such a ridiculously good person, he couldn't even use his power of healing on himself, Tao figured that they wouldn't run into any trouble. And trouble really was the last thing he wanted. He was sure that he could only slow down time was because his inner self wanted to avoid confrontation.

But then Kris allowed the troublemakers on board.
Luhan wasn't really that big of a problem. Telekinesis could be a dangerous power but Luhan never actually used it against others, just as if it hadn't ever occured to him that it wasn't as useless as Kris' ability to fly around.
Xiumin was a completely different matter though. He was foreign and made it a point of acting incredibly nice but that was only a mask. Tao probably would have believed it, just like how he believed that his mother was a good person, had his ability not been as blatantly obvious. He wasn't in control and barely ever did anything that wasn't destructive. And Tao sometimes wondered whether Xiumin didn't actually want to end every single life around him forever. Both him and Tao could stop the people around them but only Xiumin ever hurt anyone as he did so.

Tao tried to talk to Kris before. He argued that they would make a fortune if they sold Xiumin and wouldn't be in the constant danger of freezing to death but Kris wouldn't hear of it, not even when they kept walking down a dangerous road.
As if it wasn't enough that they smuggled slaves that were a lot more powerful than most people on the ship, Kris got even more foreigners on board. It was ridiculous to get another guy like Xiumin, but the worst was the sly guy who easily gained control over the whole ship. There was a reason why death row candidates were meant to be killed, rather than to be used as companions.

Tao never wanted to fight but with every day passing by since the moment he agreed to follow Kris, that idiot he had put all his trust into, he had to use his powers more and more. His responsibility was to keep them all safe. And it was weird because he never thought of himself in that way.

He never tried to test out the limits of his powers. All he did was to guess where they would end. But now that Kris' whole business was on the verge of falling apart, he knew that he was the only one who could stop the mess.

Before he had tried to slow down the time of the engine. He figured that if he stopped the whole ship, they would drop to he ground like a dead fish. It hadn't worked and unsure what to do he had suddenly felt incredibly apathetic. This was maybe meant to happen after all. It was the natural result of Kris' foolishness.

But then he saw Kris who flew outside to see if he could do anything and Luhan who tried to slow down their fall. He watched Chen who came running despite his earlier meanigless attempt to lock himself in and two of the slaves who entered the bridge and asked something he didn't understand because Xiumin was still gone and because Luhan was occupied. And as everyone was in a complete panic, he suddenly felt calm. He knew what he had to do. There were no limits.

He slowed down their time. Sparks stopped midair. Kris hung outside. Luhan was in the middle of falling down while holding onto the wall and Chen had a hilariously ridiculous expression as he stopped while pulling out a cable.

Tao sighed. They were still falling, albeit very slowly but it was time enough to make an emergency call. It really was him who had to do all the work. He dragged out the two slave guys and Chen, one by one. He found the other three slaves who had run all over the ship and pulled them all into the cell that was frozen over. For a moment he considered to leave Xiumin and that Canlie idiot inside but then he figured that Kris would probably get angry again.

And then he waited for help to arrive.

Because he was the only person on the ship that didn't keep causing a mess.

 


Sorry if this came too sudden. I had a bit of a problem in between because I knew where I was trying to go but not how and none of my scenarios seemed to make sense... but now that I had some space to think, I finally have a proper direction! This story is more or less an experiment, so... yeah.