ESCAPE [discontinued]

It was a bad idea. It was a really bad idea but Chen was being driven in a corner and the only person who was any help was that guy called Kim Jongin. Two of the others seemed in some kind of shock, one was incredibly nervous, another was hostile and Chanyeol was still unconscious. He somehow had imagined the refugees to be more useful but Xiumin and Luhan probably didn't have such a keen eye after all. Or maybe it was him who had ridiculous expectations after being sold off alongside a bunch of murderers and terrorists.

In a way he was glad when Kim Jongin took charge because it took the burden from him. He knew that Xiumin wasn't lying about the state of the ship, although Xiumin probably didn't realize that a large portion of the damage was due to him and his lack of control. And he knew that he would have to get out eventually.

But when Jongin's negotiations led to Xiumin who claimed that he would be by himself and that he wouldn't harm anyone when the door opened and to Jongin threatening to kill Chen if he had the slightest doubt that something was off, Chen wondered whether he really should have let someone else decide. Life really wasn't like one of those annoying action movies the normal people liked so much and even less like a machine that was never so broken, it couldn't be fixed.

Chen wanted to argue that Xiumin really was one of the last persons of the crew they wanted outside when Jongin made him open the door authoritatively.

The door was only slightly ajar when the cold already started to creep in. It made his skin crawl after he had only barely managed to escape a while ago and even Jongin seemed tense. The scary thing about Xiumin really was that he didn't look scary, at least not usually.
Even now that he stood in the door he seemed more pathetic than anything else with the oil that was still smeared all over him and the worn-out face. Only the cold really gave a hint.

"We really need to hurry to the bridge," Xiumin said urgently. When none of them moved, he sighed and put up his hands. "Feel free to take me as a hostage if that makes you feel better."

Jongin moved in front of him, when Xiumin suddenly looked confused, as if he noticed that something was wrong. He smiled apologetically as he looked around Jongin to see the rest of the room. And then he saw Chanyeol.

The walls immediately froze over. Jongin was only barely able to teleport outside before an icicle coming from the floor could skewer him and one of the guys yelped when he couldn't stand up because his clothes were stuck to the bed he sat on.

", calm down," Chen yelled. Xiumin's eyes were widened and he seemed endlessly confused when Chen slowly moved to Chanyeol. "He's okay, just unconscious. Look!" He lightly shook Chanyeol's shoulder and prayed to god that there would be any kind of reaction.

Xiumin came closer and with him the ice crystals on the floor. Chanyeol was still very much unmoving and Chen was about to kiss his life goodbye. This would be it. His first mistake was allowing Luhan to get injured and now this. Xiumin really had the worst temper when anyone that meant anything to him was hurt in any way. Although it frankly was ridiculous that he would make such a fuss about Chanyeol.

And then he noticed it. Ice was crawling along the floors and the walls and every other place within the room was slowly covered in tiny white ice crystals to a degree that everyone else was leaving in a hurry despite the risk of running into any dangers outside. The guy on the other bed even ripped his pants in his panic to get away. But the area around Chanyeol remained the same.

"Look," he said and pointed at the floor. "If he was dead, he wouldn't melt the ice."
So there was a god after all, a nice and kind god that gave Chanyeol some kind up built-in antifreeze protection. Chen should probably stay close to him at all times if he wanted to reduce the risk of being killed by Xiumin.

Xiumin calmed down right away and let out a really deep sigh as he had his hands hover over Chanyeol's face to test if he really was breathing.
"Sorry, I thought..." he muttered and seemed genuinely apologetic as he looked around the frozen room he couldn't even unfreeze.

And as if it Xiumin's temper not enough, was there another violent disruption. The ship seemed to be falling for a few seconds during which they were swept off the floor. Xiumin yelped and held onto Chanyeol and Chen started to crawl to the door.

This was bad. This was really bad. He really needed to get to the bridge.