Chapter 5

STARES (from the guy at table number 7)

 

Jongin brought two tickets of the amusement park. I offered him that I would pay for it, but he stopped me from doing it, giving his money to the cashier not saying anything. I tried to argue about it, but it only ended up we being shushed by the old lady next to ours.

When we entered the said place, we both laughed hardly, almost making us roll on the ground.

“Ha-Have you seen h-her ex-expre-sion? Hahahaha!” Jongin panted hardly, making me laugh harder. He’s trying hard to speak normally while laughing his off.

 

As our happiness died, he grabbed my hand and walked me to a store inside which sells ice creams, sorbets, yoghurts, and other frozen delights. It was a store they called “Frosty Goodies” and has a mascot to what resembles to be an ice cream cone that dances happily to a pop music. And suddenly, I felt my heart beats faster…wait…heart? Beats? Faster? As I turned my sight down, I saw my hand was held by another hand… I’m holding hands with Jongin? Oh Gosh!

I felt my face went hot and I knew I was blushing. “Hey hyung. Wanna grab some- hey why are you red? Are you sick hyung?” Jongin said as he turned around and face me…too bad, I was still blushing that time. He then put his hand to my forehead, then to my neck. “You’re not hot hyung, but you look so pale and red. Are you alright?”

“yes I a-am al-alright!” I faked a wide smile and he smiled back but in a more smirking way.

“No you’re not! You’re flushed red and I think-“

I cut him with a sudden slap in the chest and shouted, “Hey, can we just grab the frozen delight and not talk about me anymore!” I put my arms crossed on my chest, glaring at him. He laughed at first but then stopped when he saw me glare at him more. He then turned his sight to the counter.

Oops, but before ordering, Jongin asked me what do I like. I just replied, “I like sundae. Chocolate syrup in the bottom and strawberry syrup on top.” Then I grabbed my wallet. But before I could hand the money to the counter, he stopped me from doing that. “My treat hyung.”

“But you already treated my ticket.” I said in a childish way…crazy me.

“No, no, no hyung! I’m the one who took you here so I must be the one to buy the tickets. And also to this shop.” He said. But before I could protest, he hushed my lips using his finger, saying “Hyung, I’m going to treat you ice cream and it’s final. End of discussions.” Before turning his back to me, ordering the frozen goodies.

“Uhmm, miss, I would like to have a cup chocolate-strawberry sundae and a cup of black forest, rocky road, and cookies n’ cream in one please.” Jongin said politely to the casier.

“Wait me here Jongin. I’m just going outside. I’m going to pee.” I said to Jongin and he nodded in response.

 

I walked outside and find for any store where I could find some scarf. You know, just a simple gift for Jongin since it’s our first date…shucks! Scratch that…It’s not a date!

Gotcha! I found a store that sells some souvenir items including key chains, sweatshirts, jackets, and others. I entered the store in hurry that Jongin might get worried or suspicious…also so that my sundae is still on its frozen state when i come back.

I quickly searched for some scarfs as i entered the said store. I looked around the store and finally found the scarfs section near the bonnets section. Many scarfs are aligned in the shelf. Some were dull colored, some were colorful, some were plain, some have too much design on it, but all of them carries the name of the amusement park. The logo was there actually.

I chose a checkered scarf, color red and black. I think it suits him, just imagining him using this will get me tur- wait wait! NO KYUNGSOO! Stop saying those things!

Arsh! My brain is a mess. Do I like Jongin? No I’m not right? Right?

I don’t remember anything that proves that I’m gay…but now that I met Jongin, it felt so different. I thought I could only get these blushing things and hard-ons with girls…girls with s! NOT GUYS! NOT A GUY AND HIS BULGE!

But now…why am I like this?

“Uhmm sir, are you going to get this scarf or are just going to stare at it?” said a girl…and it waked me up in my daydreams. *sighs* Kyungsoo, focus okay…Focus.

“Uhmm yeah. Please. How much?” I said with a smile and she replied aggressively. I’m not surprised that the scarf was a bit expensive than other scarfs since the scarf itself carries the name of the amusement park…so that’s it.

I paid for the scarf and hurriedly walked to Frosty Goidies.

And as I spected, Jongin was there, waiting for me on a table, ice cream still not moved or anything. I smiled at him as I sat next to him.

I saw him frown and he said, “Why did it took you so long?” then he pouted like a child…and I find it hilariously cute. I just want to pinch his cheeks right now for that.

“Well, I just bought you a scarf. You know, it’s a bit cold and this is only I could offer you since you treated me two times already.” I said as I grabbed the scarf. I stood up and walked to him, and put the scarf around his neck.

I saw his face flushed bright pink, but I don’t expect anything behind that blush. I think he’s just, you know, embarrassed or something…shy I guess?

“You know hyung, you don’t have to treat me this scarf.” I said looking at the ground.

“No, I should. You said earlier that you brought me here so you must treat me. Then, I was the one who made those hickeys on your neck so I should be the one who’s going to buy something to cover those up.” I winked at him. Yeah, you’re so smart Kyunggie.

“Well-“ he said but he stopped when he can’t even think a word to say to protest or argue.

“It looks good on you Jongin. Especially now that you’re blushing.” I said and he looked up to me, and blushed harder.

“T-Thank yo-you.” He stuttered. “It’s be-beau-tiful.”

“You’re welcome Jongin.” I replied then get a quick pinch on his cheeks. “Come on, let’s eat this up before it melts.”

After eating those delicious frozen delights, we headed to the game room and played Dance Dance Revolution, and it surprised me…Jongin is great in dancing.

The way he moved his hands so gracefully, the way he taps the floor using his feet of course, the way his hips sway in a y motion, and the way his sweat drips from his knuckles to his jaw…is just so ing perfect.

I’m mesmerized really.

I stared at him for a moment before I get back to the reality when he just snapped the life out of me. Wait, his finished and I didn’t even noticed it? !

 

“Come on hyung, let’s go to the coaster! It’s fun up there!” he offered and I nodded in response.

What did he say? Coaster? As in Roller Coaster? ! Why did I even nodded? My oh my, I have a fear of hights…and ! Just riding a motorcycle will kill the life out of me…what more if it’s a Roller Coaster?

 

I widened my eyes in horror as I saw the train-like thing turns around, flips itself on a floating railing, and turn upside-down. My heart beats so fast…and I think I couldn’t do this anymore.

“Hyung, come on, let’s ride!” Jongin offered, but I just stayed on my place, sight glued on the said ride…and hands shaking, knees trembling.

“What? Are you afraid hyung?” he teased me. Wait…Of course I’m not afraid. Me? Afraid of these kind of things? Gosh! I’m not afraid…okay, I was just lying!

I straightened my composure before looking at Jongin in a determined look. “Come on then.” I said.

“AHHH! JONGIIIIN!” I screamed from the top of my lungs.

“Hyung, the ride has not been started yet.” He said then laughed hardly next to me.

“JONGIIIIN!!!! I CAN’T DO THIS ANYMOOOOREEEE!”

“Hush hyung! Stay calmed. I’m here you know. I’ll protect you. Remember that.” He said as an encouragement while holding the back of my palm.

I looked at him in the eyes and calmed the out of me. Beside this guy, it felt so warm and comforting…and safe. Safe from any harm. I smiled, a true smile.

The ride started and the coaster went up and up to the peak of the railing. Then in a count of three-or four I guess, the gravity pulled the coaster down in a quick motion. I screamed so hard like my life depends on it. And I was like a girl actually. The said ride flipped and turned. To the left, to the right. Up and down, turn around.

The ride then stopped and all I could feel was the fast beating of my heart, my hard breathing, and the trembling of my body…and all I could here was the constant laughing of the kid next to me.

“Hey! Jongin! Stop laughing at me okay! It’s my first time you know.” I slapped him on his shoulders, but he still laughed…not even caring of others that are staring at us. I felt embarrassed so I dragged the kid down.

I glared at him so hard that made him stop from laughing. But he’s still smiling. “Hyung.” He mumbled

“What?”

“You’re so cute when glaring.” He said, and that made my face turn red…and I felt it of course.

“Stop that thing! Come on, what’s the next ride?”

“Ferris Wheel?” he suggested and then he grabbed my wrist, dragging me to the destination, not even caring for my respond to his suggestion.

What? Ferris Wheel? Isn’t it too high? !

We rode all kinds of ride on the amusement park, including the Mary Go Round, the Extreme Tower, the Viking, and others. We also entered The House of Mummies, The Ghost Town, and other horror houses. We played every game house in there, and for luck, Jongin won in one of the games and got me a big stuffed toy with a pair of big eyes.

“It looks like you! It has big eyes.” Jongin muttered.

“Hey, it looks like you too. It has think lips and it’s color is golden tan.” I said and he just pouted in response but also laughed in the end.

“Well it looks like us…so what should we call him?” Jongin asked

“Uhmmm…I don’t know.”

“Since it looks like both of us, we should combine our names then to make his name.” Jongin suggested. I think the idea was fine, so I agreed that KyungIn will be the name of this big plushie.

And it looks so cute! KyungIn is soo cute!

 

We walked pass the gate of the amusement park as we both decided to go out. “Hyung, I want you to meet my mother.” Jongin said.

I’m surprised with what he said. He’s going to introduce me to his mother? ! What if she doesn’t like me?

“You sure?” I asked.

“Yeah. For sure she’s going to be happy to meet you.” He said and smiled at me…

He looked so confident with it so I just nodded in response.

We rode his motorcycle once again…and just like the first ride, I also felt scared, but now I’m much of relieved bcause Jongin is here beside me.. ^^

 

We then stopped on a flower shop to but some yellow daisies. “These are mom’s favorite flowers.” He said and my lips formed in an O shape creating an “aww~” sound.

 

We then headed to the place where his mother stays…But much in my confusion, we ended up in front of a cemetery. Does his mother’s house next to the cemetery or just in the back of it?

We entered the said place and stopped in front of a grave where it said “Kim Hyun A, a beloved mother and wife. May you Rest in Peace. 08-13-12”

(a/n: I’m sorry Hyuna became Jongin’s mother…I both think they’re hot so, yeah…that’s it.)

 

Jongin then knelt down and whispered a silent prayer. Then it hit me. Jongin’s mother is dead.

Jongin stood up after his prayer. “Hey mom! How are you? Me? I’ve been fine lately. Yeah. Oh, I have someone with me today mom! He’s my new meet friend. His name is Kyungsoo. Do Kyungsoo. He’s a great person. He’s so kind and cheerful and makes me laugh all the time. He helps me forget about what happened on our family.” He cheerfully talked to the grave.

“Kyungsoo hyung, here’s my mother.” He said to me.

 

I smiled at him and tapped his shoulders lightly before looking at the grave and knelt down, also prayed a silent prayer. Afterwhich, I smiled at the grave and said, “Hi aunt. Nice to meet you.”

 

¬¬¬¬¬ ***** ¬¬¬¬¬¬

 

Ok, kill me now. I’m so sorry for this chapter. I’m out of ideas lately so I just wrote this chapter…also, this is just a rush update… I’m so so so sorry!

Please subscribe dear readers! And also please do comment!

I need them okay…hahaha xD

Next chapter will be Kai’s POV. Thanks for the continuous support! Love you guys!

See you next Chapter!

Bye Bye Boo~