Realization

Incomprehensible Love

Previously...

EunHyuk is heartbroken, thinking that KiBum and DongHae are dating. While crying in school, DongHae tries to comfort him but they were interrupted by KiBum yet again. Thinking that all is futile, EunHyuk scurries away, leaving the two alone. KiBum dismisses EunHyuk's display of despair and instead, tries to flirt. Extremely annoyed, DongHae punches the lights out of his admirer.


Normal P.O.V.

Presently, DongHae finds himself running around the school parameters, yet again. Why is his monkey so good at running away? He huffed and continued to search the ground floor classrooms. Since EunHyuk escaped from the backyard, surely he hasn't gotten too far yet.

Once all the rooms were thoroughly searched through, the bell rang, signifying one hour's class has ended. DongHae sighed, ruffling his hair in frustration. Where IS he??

Just then: "Hae!"
DongHae turned to the voice, and discovered HanKyung walking down the stairs. "Did you manage to talk to your monkey?" He chuckled, thinking that the misunderstanding must have been solved. His friend does seem to be awfully attached to the monkey anyway, so their fights probably won't last too long. However, contrary to all his assumptions, DongHae looked at him with teary eyes.

He started to recall the whole story to Hankyung, who could only sigh in resignation. "Alright. Calm down. Do you really have no idea what would have made him cry?" DongHae shook his head. "No... Hyung, I've been racking my brain for the past hour. I cannot fathom why he's crying again. I mean, I'm 100% sure that I have clarified whatever misunderstandings he held regarding his dancing skills..." He pouted, leaving HanKyung to think.

DongHae has never been a very respectful person. He is rude and casual, but that is what makes him easy to get along with. The fact that he's addressing HanKyung as 'hyung' was beyond concerning. The older man replayed the event in his head. "The first time... after you solved your misunderstanding, KiBum interrupted and the conversation stopped right?" He waited for his friend's nod before continuing. "And then, I saw him on the verge of tears soon afterwards. When you found and comforted him, he appeared to have calmed down, but ran away yet again after KiBum arrived". DongHae nodded, not really knowing what his friend was up to.

A deep voiced boomed from behind them, and they turned to see SiWon approaching them. "Hey guys. Hae hyung, did you find your---" He zipped his mouth shut at the glare he received from HanKyung. His lips formed a tight line, unsure of what to say. HanKyung simply ignored him and continued with his previous theory. "If he runs away every time KiBum comes into the picture... do you think it's because he's scared of the guy?"

SiWon quickly caught up, knowing that DongHae's world now revolves around only one person. He watched as DongHae rejected the idea. "I don't think KiBum's particularly scary. He seems more like an annoyance than anything." Before HanKyung could chip in, SiWon mentioned, "Maybe your dear monkey isn't running away from KiBum. Maybe... He doesn't like to see you two together?"

The two other boys furrowed their eyebrows. "Why would he...?" DongHae asked, but HanKyung remained quiet. SiWon has lost all hope in the fish, so he channeled his attention on the Chinese man. After a few quiet seconds, HanKyung's face lit up, as if he realized the secret of the universe. "This explains all the blushing and awkwardness!" He pointed at SiWon, to which the latter simply laughed. "I knew you were a bright one! Bingo!"

DongHae stared at his friends, confused. "Am I stupid or what? Tell me what's going on right now!" His friends simply laughed. "But... sh*t. Hae said his monkey ran away right after a pity party." HanKyung seemed to be thinking aloud. SiWon's expression mirrored HanKyung's aghast one. He turned to the fish, muttering, "That can't be good. Hae hyung, you need to find EunHyuk now!" DongHae flashed an annoyed glare. "What do you think I've been doing for the past hour??"

"No, you don't understand. It's going to be a looot of trouble to deal with if you don't find him now. EunHyuk thinks that you like KiBum, and there's a possibility he thinks you're dating KiBum as well". DongHae's eyes widened to the size of saucers. "What?! Who would like someone like that? I would have thought my hatred was more than obvious enough." He muttered, even whilst the trio continued the search.


KangIn limped around the school with a slightly bandaged leg and a definitely bandaged arm. His face, still slightly swollen, was throbbing. Next to him, LeeTeuk, who seemed to be largely fine, was clinging on to his friend's uninjured arm. "Are you sure you want to attend classes like that?" LeeTeuk asked, concern wrinkling his face. The other male only laughed, grinning at him with determination. "Such little scratches won't make a mark on the almighty KangIn!"

LeeTeuk sighed, giving up on trying to confine his friend to bedrest. After the fight with DongHae, when his friends arrived and backed him up, KangIn immediately became outnumbered. The fight escalated, but it was mostly he who received the most damage. He was immediately sent to the hospital, all fees paid for, and partially forced to keep the fight under cover. As he was dealing blows with a group of rich kids, he was told rather sternly by some old men that he was lucky they're not even sueing him (despite the fact that he wasn't exactly at fault).

However, none of that lingered in his mind for long. His priority was---"LeeTeuk, have you seen EunHyuk around, anywhere? I'm worried about him," His companion only bit his lips, a sign that no one knows whether EunHyuk is okay or not. "My classmate mingles with EunHyuk's class, and she said that he looked fine, but he did dash out of class right after it ended. No one knows why." KangIn continued, and both friends just sighed.

A blur of white and black passed by them, alongside a large gush of wind. The two boys would have ignored it usually, but the passing figure released a sob halfway through, and the two chased after the mysterious form instantly.

Well, LeeTeuk did the chasing. KangIn mostly dragged himself at snail's pace, but at least he was participating. Minutes later, he soon caught up to the form. "EunHyuk!!"

He didn't know what he was expecting, but when his friend turned around, EunHyuk's face was fully soiled with snot and tears. His eyes were red and puffy, nose also seemingly scratched to bits. "EunHyuk? Are you okay?"

EunHyuk looked shocked at first, but after registering that it's his motherly friend, his eyes teared up once more, tackling LeeTeuk into a hug. When KangIn caught up to them soon after, the three shared a hug, unable to decipher EunHyuk's story through sobs.

KangIn rubbed EunHyuk's back in what he hoped was a soothing manner. "There, there. Have you calmed down?" The latter sniffed, before nodding. "Now then, what's wrong? Take a deep breath and tell us slowly."

"... My crush has a boyfriend. My crush is officially crushed, hyuuuungs."


DongHae has split up with his friends, and is currently running through the second floor corridors.

"... My crush is officially crushed, hyuuuungs."

That whine sounded just like the anchovy's. He rushed in that direction, mind blank and unable to understand what that sentence meant. When he got closer, he realized that EunHyuk was with two friends. They were the same people he fought with previously, in the cafeteria.

He leaned against a wall, eavesdropping on their conversation.

"I'm s-sorry, KangIn... y-you took so much damage for me, but it's all useless now... There's no point anymore. DongHae doesn't like me, and he never would. He likes KiBum..."

DongHae's eyes widened. SiWon's theory was right afterall! But why on Earth would EunHyuk be so preoccupied with who likes... well, him?

"Haeeee... doesn't like meeeee. Hyunggggg. My crush is crushed..."

DongHae watched as EunHyuk's friends enveloped him into a group hug. He started to connect the dots. EunHyuk doesn't like seeing me and KiBum together. He thinks KiBum likes me. He is crying because he thinks I don't like him, even though I've already clarified that I do not hate him. He keeps saying that his crush is crushed---wait. His crush... me??

.

.

.

DongHae's blood went cold. This guy seriously has a crush on me.