Confrontation

Incomprehensible Love

Previously...
SiWon and HanKyung helps DongHae search the school grounds, looking for EunHyuk. DongHae finds him eventually, and eavesdrops on EunHyuk's conversation with LeeTeuk and KangIn. There, he finally discovers EunHyuk's crush on him and is beyond surprised.


Badump. Badump. Badump Badump Badump.

DongHae's heart could not beat any faster as he slides down the wall. The monkey likes me? He couldn't believe his ears, even whilst EunHyuk cries about his crush to his friends.

His fingers fumbled around the tiled floor, trying to regain his composure. What should I do now? Should I confront them? No. No no no---Run. Yes. I need to run away. Oh my gosh I need to RUN.

DongHae shakily got up, sweat dripping down his face. His mind was completely blank and he was in utter panic mode. He didn't know how to respond to the situation, much less logically decide his next move. He struck his thighs repeatedly to get some sensation back. However, it was all futile as he fell back to the ground when a loud voice resonated throughout the entire hallway.

"DONGHAE YA! So THERE you are! I was wondering where you were, turns out you were slacking off while we search for EunHyuk!"

An annoyed HeeChul shouted as he dragged HanKyung, who looked apologetic for getting the extravert involved. DongHae waved his hands around, trying to make them shut up. HeeChul looked confused. Oh no.

"Ah?! What are you doin---Oh, you want me, the great HeeChul, to shut up?! Just so you know, you are a 1000 years too early to command me, dear dongsaeng!" He huffed.

"Did they just mention DongHae...?" One of EunHyuk's friends spoke up, and DongHae froze on the spot. There is no escaping it now.


EunHyuk's P.O.V.

I felt as if someone just pulled my heart out and stomped on it. DongHae would never, ever, like me back. He and KiBum are a thing, and the stupid me didn't even realize that and jumped straight into a crush. Damn it. Of course. Someone like that would 100% be taken. There's no way he would look at me, even if he was single.

I don't even know why I'm sad anymore. I've already accepted the fact that DongHae would never choose me, no matter which parallel universe we're in.

However, being able to spill my heart out to LeeTeuk and KangIn provided so much relief. I could feel the pain and shock numbing just from crying into their arms. Their words of comfort felt so sincere and I craved for their affection. When LeeTeuk was making me blow my nose into a tissue, I suddenly heard a shrill scream, and all three of us jumped.

"DONGHAE YA! So THERE you are! I was wondering where you were, turns out you were slacking off while we search for EunHyuk!" ...DongHae? No way, is he somewhere near? And why are people searching for me?

Oh no. I get it. DongHae's group of friends have found out that I've been clinging to him too much, and probably thinks I'm trying to wreck him and KiBum's relationship. I shuffled closer to my friends, and KangIn instinctively wrapped his uninjured arm around me.

"Did they just mention DongHae...?" LeeTeuk reconfirmed as he looked to where the source of the noise came from. We all heard a terrified squeak, and although my friends wore confused expressions, I knew that little sound belonged to DongHae, for sure.

I was about to suggest walking in the other direction, when one of DongHae's friends, HeeChul, appeared around the corner. Well, two of them (if you consider the lifeless body being dragged as one human being). "Ah, it's the monkey! We found him we found him!"

HeeChul jumped for joy and hugged the limp body, which I just barely recognize as HanKyung. When no one responded to his cheers, HeeChul reached out for something behind the wall.

Lo and behold---HeeChul fished out a DongHae. Perfect. The one person I didn't want to see right now.

Both LeeTeuk and KangIn spontaneously shielded me from the three boys. KangIn pulled me closer, while LeeTeuk stood in front of us, acting as an indirect barrier. "Why are you looking for EunHyuk?" I have never heard LeeTeuk's voice sound so cold before.

I peeked from behind my friend to watch as the HeeChul-HanKyung pair pushed DongHae forward. "I don't know. I was strolling around before I found HanKyung here. Apparently DongHae was the one looking for the monkey. Monkey monkey~"

Everyone now has their entire focus on DongHae alone.

With all of them staring at him quietly, they could all hear him gulp, loud and clear.


"You heard the whole conversation? From where to where?"

DongHae couldn't stop his hands from trembling. He knew he was stronger than LeeTeuk, but currently the latter was far too scary to confront. His face was dark and his eyes were enlarged. There was no sign of emotion on his face, and his voice was extremely monotonous.

EunHyuk grabbed LeeTeuk's arm, tugging it lightly. "H-Hyung... It's okay. I-I can handle this." He whimpered. Both LeeTeuk and Kangin responded at the same time, with a firm, "No, you can't!" The poor monkey retracted his hand and bit his lips.

As intimidated as DongHae was, his eyes kept flicking towards his monkey. He wanted to just hug him in that moment, but at the same time, his mind is still going crazy from the new information. He wasn't sure if he liked EunHyuk that way.

At the moment, all 5 boys were seated around a small, round table in a nearby cafe. They've all decided to skip afternoon classes that day, using DongHae as scapegoat (he had no say in the matter). HeeChul and HanKyung were mostly in their own world, piping into the conversation when they feel like it. KangIn and LeeTeuk were acting parents for EunHyuk, who basically attempted to take control of the situation several times, but failed. DongHae... DongHae has been trying to get rid of the tense atmosphere, but he didn't know what else to say.

With that, he decided to just answer questions. "I... I heard the part where EunHyuk said he likes me." No one else noticed, but EunHyuk jumped at the use of his name. DongHae has only been using nicknames for him, so it was a surprise to hear him adressing his name.

The KangTeuk parents misunderstood his reaction as shock because DongHae found out, and promptly engulfed their baby in another hug. LeeTeuk puffed his cheeks in anger. "What gives you the right to eavesdrop?!" At this, DongHae scratched the back of his neck, at a loss of what to say. He opted to apologize, which did not seem to reach them at all.

KangIn stared straight into his eyes, and once more, DongHae sat up straighter. He gulped, wondering what was coming next. The older male gave a slight glare, before morphing it into merely a stoic, serious expression. "What are you going to do now? Now that you know everything."

DongHae's lips formed a tight line.

Right. I need to give an answer.