Way to Clearance

Incomprehensible Love

In the previous episode,
DongHae & EunHyuk's misunderstandings were solved, but a new one appears when EunHyuk contemplates the relationship between his bully and classmate, Kim Ki Bum.


The bell rung and EunHyuk dashed out of class. SungMin evidently tried to track him down, but packing up his belongings took too long, and with all the girls swarming around him, he gave up. Hoping that his friend only needed to use the toilet, he turned back to pay attention to the girls who were circling him as he led them to the cafeteria.

Meanwhile, EunHyuk bolted straight for the double doors and exited the school, effectively entering the school's enormous backyard. He found a spot behind the shed at the very corner of the grass area and collapsed onto the floor, back leaning heavily against the wall of the small shed. Subconsciously, his head fell in between his hands and he tried his hardest, but he couldn't help the sobs that pulled themselves out of his throat. Why do I have to be so emotional? Just yesterday I was crying over a childhood trauma, and now I'm back with the tears, just because the guy I had a crush on had a boyfriend. He rubbed at his face harshly, trying to rid the tears that kept pouring out drop after drop. He heaved a deep breath and bit his lips. I have to stop being so pathetic. Time to erase my feelings, once and for all.


DongHae spent the rest of the morning on the rooftop, as usual. He spent the first few hours absentmindedly staring at his textbooks as his phone died on him, so when Henry appeared after break, he was more than content with the company. Not only did he managed to charge his phone with Henry's charger, he also got his friend to skip the next few classes. When lunchtime rolled around, Henry was more than willing to leave the annoying fish, to put it kindly, as the latter even dared to steal his breaktime snacks.

Before Henry even stood up, the door to the rooftop swung open and in came the whole gang. All except the one person they all needed during lunch: HanKyung. Although all of them usually gets their lunch from the cafeteria, HanKyung would sometimes come to school with leftovers, either from dinner the previous night or from breakfast before coming to school. No matter, the food he brought was always delicious, considering his cooking skills are comparable to his father, a world renowed chef. They have all decided, wordlessly, that they would wait for the main star to show up before heading to the crowded cafeteria.

DongHae gave a dramatic sigh of relief when the man of the hour (literally) showed up, since he really wanted to go see his monkey over lunch. Contrary to what everyone expected, though, HanKyung's serene face was contorted in worry. "Hae," He started, accent thick. This was a bad sign, as HanKyung's Chinese accent only appears nowadays when he was really nervous. "I saw your... what was it? Your monkey...? He was running towards the backyard, and he seemed as if he was about to cry. Is something wrong?"

Needless to say, DongHae jumped to his feet right away and took off. The rest of the gang shared eye contact and nodded, deciding to stay out of their story. Filled with concern still, all of them made their way to the cafeteria slowly and sat at their usual table, ordering extra portions in case DongHae and EunHyuk appeared.


Anchovy, where the heck are you?! DongHae swore under his breath when no signs of the taller boy was seen in the yard. He walked across the grass and had goosebumps when he saw a shadow behind the school's shed. Tentatively, he walked in small steps towards the shed and felt his heart rate pick up when he heard muffled sobs and sniffles. Even if they were simply miniscule noises, he could tell in an instant that it was EunHyuk.

When he finally reached the boy, he quietly stood next to the crouching figure who failed to notice him. His heart broke when he saw how furiously EunHyuk was tugging at his hair and rubbing his face. He bent the upper half of his body and placed a gentle hand on top of the unstable ones.

EunHyuk's red face, raw from all the rubbing snapped up into his sight and he gasped when he finally registered who interrupted him. "D-DongHae-ssi..." DongHae's frown only deepened. "What's wrong? Why are you crying?" An involuntary hiccup errupted from the sobbing male and the former knelt down in front of the boy. "Come on, tell me, I'll make it all better." At this point, all memories of being the bully escaped DongHae's mind as genuine concern took over. What happened to make EunHyuk cry this time?

Whatever it is, he would go to the ends of the world to make sure the problem is eradicated.

"It's..." EunHyuk started, but his mouth clamped shut as soon as another figure made its presence known. He averted his gaze and stood up, aggressively brushing the dust from his pants. "Oi, what's wrong...?" DongHae reached out to touch his arm, but was shaken away. "It's nothing. Thanks for asking." Without a glance back, he scurried away.

DongHae touched the back of his neck, head tilting in confusion. What happened? The sound of tentative footsteps broke his reverie and he sharply turned around. "Who---oh. What are you doing here?" He spat, the usual dangerous aura surrounding him coming back as he stared at the person who disturbed his attempt at calming his monkey down. "Kim KiBum, speak!"

All KiBum did was smile. "Hey, when are you free? Let's hangout after school today?" DongHae clenched his teeth, growling. "Did you not see him cry?" The interrupter took another step forward, his hands immediately going on DongHae's muscular arms.

DongHae did not like the glint in his eyes. "I saw. But there's no need to take notice of him. Not when I can distract you, right?" He chuckled, hands trailing down from his arms to his hands. Forcefully, he intertwined their hands together. "Come on, let's go?" His face crept closer and closer, lips almost brushing his own. "You're just his bully anyways."

It wasn't his fault when he threw the punch, DongHae thought to himself as he walked away.