Chapter 9

My Next Door Neighbor

  Evening

 It was dinner time and Gikwang had to be at his parents house to eat dinner with his halmoni. Mrs.Lee kept staring back and forth to her mother-In-law and Gikwang. "Eomma...what are doing? You're staring back and forth at halmoni." Gikwang asked noticing her eyes. 

  Not knowing what to say , Mrs.Lee knew she was caught. She looked at her halmoni and saw her she was staring at her. "I-I was just making sure halmoni is enjoying the food I cooked. " Mrs.Lee Making up a lie to her son. Gikwang fell for her lie and continue to eat his food. 

Eating his food, his halmoni interrupted him asking him a question that no one would knew that would be asked. "Gikwang-ah....Are you dating someone?" With his spoon and chopsticks both in his hand, he replied,"Nae...Why?" 

His halmoni out her chopsticks down and interlock her hands together and rested her hands the table and asked more question to Gikwang."What's her name? What does she do for a living? What is her family background? Is she coming over to meet us?" 

Gikwang was unsure why is his halmoni asking all those question to him. He thought for a while if he should tell about him and Min relationship. Finally after a couple of minutes of thinking, Gikwang finally spoke,"The girl I'm dating right now is Min. She one of the deisgners that design one of the room for Abeoji's hotel. You guys already met her and know how she's like already."

Mrs.Lee bit her lips in nervous hearing the conversation between Gikwang and her mother-in-Law. She kicked her husband's leg under the table and mouthed to him to stop the conversation between them before it gets worse about Ms.Lee not accepting Min as Gikwang's girlfriend. "Cha....Let's stop talking and eat again...Mhmm." 

  Right then, Gikwang had to leave. He stood up and excuse himself and told them that he had to leave. He left the house Making the table be awkward. Before Mr.Lee could speak, Ms.Lee got up and walked away leaving the dining room. Mrs. And Mr.Lee sighed and relived that nothing bad happen tonight. 

                 ~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~

Morning

 Min washed up and got dressed into an outfit. that she never expected to wear. Not liking to dresses, Min was sastified of how the wavy black dress fit her body, and the flat making the outfit look more better. She put on the blazer and never thought this outfit would  make her look girly and professional at the same time. 

She grab her purse and keys and head toward the door. As she opens the door, she saw Gikwang leaning on the wall infront of her door waiting for her. "What are you doing?" Min asking him as she locked her door.

With her back turned to him, Gikwang back hugged her. He snuggle in between her neck and her shoulder and wrap his arms around her waist. "Min...Will you be okay later on?" He asked her making sure.

Min turned around and faced him with a smile replying,"Yea...Why? What's wrong?"  Gikwang shook his head not wanting to tell her what's wrong with him. 

"I'll take you to work, come on." Gikwang said letting go of the hug and interlocking his hand with her and walking to his car. 

During the car ride, Min kept stealing glances at Gikwanh while he driving. Gikwang saw her at the corner of his eyes and said,"Am I that hot for you to keep stealing glances at me?" 

Min immediately looked straight and nervously replied back,"N-no. I was just looking at the street that was in your side."

Gikwang smiled and chuckled at Min fake lie. He grab Min's hand and held and kissed it. Min looked at him and smiled."What was that for? You're acting weird today?" 

Gikwang held her hand tighter and said,"I just want to show my love to you before it's too late." 

Min was confused why Gikwang said 'before it's too late'. She looked at him and asked him wanting to know why he said that."What do you mean'before it's too late'?" 

Unfortunately, Gikwang arrived at Min work place.He unbuckled his seat belt and lean forward and give Min a kiss on her lips. Min froze and closed her eyes. Gikwang slowly depart his lips away from her and said,"Saranghae.I'll come pick you up when you get off, Okay? Have Fun at work with Ailee." 

Min hugged him before getting out from his car and entering the building. Gikwang watched Min as she entered the building.  He took off to his father hotel and wanted to know why his halmoni was asking all those question about Min earlier. 

Gikwang arrived his father hotel and went up to the office room. Reaching the office, Gikwang open the door seeing his halmoni there talking to his father. "Halmoni? What are you doing here?" He asked as he came and sat down with them. 

  His halmoni looked at him and said,"We're talking about you and your relationship with that deisgner." 

  Gikwang looked at his father seeing him with a face that he never saw before."What about me and Min? What's wrong with us being together?" He asked his grandmother. 

  "I don't approve you two relationship.That girl should known better not to joke around work. As the only grandchild, I'm setting you up on a blind date tomorrow." His halmoni said before getting up heading toward the door. 

   Gikwang stood up yelling out making his grandmother to stop."I don't care if you set me up on the blind date. And that girl has name, her name is Min. You don't need to know anything about Min since you just got here in Korea." 

  Gikwang walked up heading toward the door stopping infront of his halmoni and said something before leaving the office,"I'm planning to marry that girl in the future. I'm asking you a favor right now, please don't come to our wedding in the future when that happen." 

 

 

 

 

  Author's Note: Hey Lovely Reader! I'm so  sorry for the late update on this story! If you guy haven't notice, I have a new story that I'm so into it right now. Go check that story out! Rain Sound