vii.

That person.

 

"Overcome? What do you mean? Why is our reflection our future? You're over-thinking. EunJoo." Myungsoo looked away as if it's a subject he has no concern of, or maybe a subject he doesn't want to touch. Just as EunJoo thought, yes Myungsoo too, like most people hates to ponder about their future because it has all become uneasy and an unsolved mystery.

"Our future," she pointed to her reflection, "I am looking at my reflection... because, when I look at my reflection I am looking at what I am becoming or want to become," she turned back to Myungsoo and looked at him in the eye, "Am I right?" 

His eyes start to widen a bit, skipping from her left eye and right, as if he is looking more deeply within her to understand more. His brows stiffens and winkles in the middle form, his thinking mode appears.

"Is there something you don't want to become?"

She was surprised by his sudden question, but more like a statement. 

EunJoo couldn't reply to his question because it was also something she couldn't answer it herself. Not that she doesn't know how to answer, but it was far too hard for her to answer it. Like a wind that blew pass, his statement brought a sudden flashbackof all the unnecessary pain EunJoo thought she did not deserve. She had not a way out, but only to see people achieving their own dreams made her bitter and jealous. But only that one person, made her feel differently. She looked up at Myungsoo.

"Don't, don't compete with your past," he didn't add his hands on her shoulders to put weight and pressure in her heart, but he lifted her hands up as if he wanted her to bring out and share her sorrows,

"but rather expect great things from your future,"

"and, love your present self."

EunJoo furrowed her brows and he knew that she wanted more explanation to that.

"Well, why waste your almost every moment of the present to think of your future? There must be something better to do to fight this. When I was troubled about career and interest and what my future would be like, I realized that the first step towards getting somewhere is to decided that you are not going to stay where you are."

EunJoo smiled. She now understood. Because she stepped into his shoes for one short minute and understood, that, that was the way he lived. And that is how he achieved his present self. He looked for his value and presented them as him, defining himself with his interest in photography and shining his light as a talented artist. EunJoo finally knew why she chose this person afterall, and that her decision was right. It was now her turn to change her future but little did he know that she was already moving to the second step.

 


This is a very short chapter but I would like to dedicate this to MyungSoo.

His birthday is in a day; about around nine more hours of korean time to be exact.

I've missed last years Myungsoo's birthday project created by the fansite noonas..

I was planning to send him gift's this year too and participate in the project, but I didn't either.

I started liking INFINITE since 'Before the Dawn'. However,

my first impression of that song was. WTH.

But then came 'Be Mine'.

Then I fell in love.

Myungsoo in 'Lately'.

Everything became Myungsoo. KMSL. L.

I would mistake the size L as L.

Kim MyungSoo.

Thank you for showing the sides of you,

Thank you for giving me hope,

Thank you for being there when I needed someone,

Your presence helped me even though my presence is unseen.

Still remain unseen.

But I still hope you have a Happy Birthday.

Dear Kim MyungSoo.

From me.

It's sad, but you see, I did not send gifts and birthday messages to him because it is part of the life of a fangirl. I'd rather not break the fantasy in my heart. I'd rather save the mysterious to my own, and wonder about all the things I could say if I met him, someday. Happy Birthday, Kim MyungSoo, and thank you. Those are the words I really want spill out from the depths of my heart.

“The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious. It is the source of all true art and science. He to whom the emotion is a stranger, who can no longer pause to wonder and stand wrapped in awe, is as good as dead —his eyes are closed. The insight into the mystery of life, coupled though it be with fear, has also given rise to religion. To know what is impenetrable to us really exists, manifesting itself as the highest wisdom and the most radiant beauty, which our dull faculties can comprehend only in their most primitive forms—this knowledge, this feeling is at the center of true religiousness.”   - Albert Einstein, Living Philsophies