v.

That person.

*This is Myungsoo's point of view*

 

It was that night I fell for the silence and pure happiness of the cool darkness. Few stars decorated the blue night sky and the moon shone so bright I bet it would be a sunny day tomorrow. The busy Seoul I could see clearly when I stood up onto the steps, the faint clouds and fog that blurred the bodies of buildings. It was a chilly night, and I couldn't have care less if my nose was stiff and if my fingertips are numb. The little chats between couples and the lights that flickers in every house I see in front of me grew in me, as if welcoming me for something. I do love black, and to me darkness does not always stand for sadness. I started falling in love with that feeling. Waiting. To me, it's like a beautiful love that I've always tried to discover. And I did this night, in the dark Seoul city. 

I didn't care about how long I waited. Instead, to ponder about the mysterious women. She always had that about her, that look of otherness, of eyes that see things much too far, and of thoughts that wander off the edge of the world. She seemed like that to me, with a positive and elegant aura with a charming smile that never leaves her face, but, with an empty soul. 

 

"Didn't you have something to say to me?" she lowered her head and dipped it a bit lower before she took a breath and lifted her head up again.

"I did."

"Then?" She gazed at the sparkling city then tilted her head my way to look at me. It was a faint uneven upwards smirk of one side of her lips that caused my eyes to wince. I shifted my gaze to her hands that was clasped together.

"I did." I repeated myself again and reached to brush her hair away from her face from the wind.

"And?" Her eyes only followed my hand as I her hair a bit.

 

I reached for the light in the sky. The bright bright light that told me the weather of tomorrow. I caught the moon that reflected the sun's light in my hands and told her, "While I waited, I kept on thinking if I should ask you or not."

"So, have you decided if you want to tell me?" I kept my eyes on my hand that 'caught' the sun, as if I caught the energy of the light.

"I did. And I've decided not to." One of her eyebrows lifted a bit, and I couldn't help smiling.

"Don't be too down, I have other things to tell you." I added when I saw her dismayed eyes.

"Then what is it? I hope I didn't come out in the night for just a question that you decided not to ask." She scoffed a little.

"Can you name some of our most famous songs?"

"Hmm.. Be Mine. Come Back Again. Before the Dawn. Paradise. Destiny. There's a lot." Her little smirk rose again.

"Here. Write down 'Be mine'." I gave her piece of paper and reminded her to write in cursive.

"Why do I have to write this?" She said as she handed me the paper with her writing on.

"I only met you twice. You're clear and thin as a paper to me, so I want to know you more." I simply replied.

"And you think by looking at my handwriting, you will know me more?"

"Actually, recently I've been doing something that interests me. Not only photography, but I like reading too. I came across this article about handwriting analysis."

 

"And?" She said after pausing a bit. 

"From your size of your writing, I can tell that you are neither very extroverted nor introverted."

"And?" She winced her eyes, widened it again, and her hands crossed, swiping her palms up and down her arms.

"Are you cold?" I asked.

"No, what's more about me?"

 

"Just wait. There is definitely more."


 

*Lavendar: Waiting for Love