vi.

That person.

 

During that moment, Myungsoo finally felt a tad bit closer to her, his handwriting analysis skills was starting to put to use and he didn't think he would have to use it in this way. Neat, he thought. Very.

"You're organized, you always plan ahead and you never seem to do things until it reaches perfection," he eyed her dazzling eyes that reflected thousand fireflies of the city. "Does that sound like you?" he smirked as he continued, holding the paper closer to him.

"You show your emotions, some. You're heavy pressure indicates vitality, mental intensity, assertiveness, or.. ,possibly, frustration."

"Here, I'll write more." She took the paper and asked him what to write.

 

"I think it’s overflowing, you were always like that to me
 my heart expands as your hurt grows
 Come to me, it’s because I like it when you smile
 I’ll make you comfortable, at least I can for you.."

 

Myungsoo recited his part, Sungyeol's part and Sunggyu's part of 'Be Mine', and she wrote them down. He then told her to write them again, copying them, but think about it before she writes them down.

She handed the paper to him. "So? You see more?" she scoffed a little and gave a smirk while keeping her eyes on Myungsoo.

"Hmm.. You are very disciplined but you seem to have your own opinions that you seem to fight back or you do," he paused.

"You left your home right?"

She seemed like a balloon that just got popped by a needle. Her lips closed up tighter and moved side to side, then slightly stuck her tongue out her lips. She heaved a sigh and hesitated a minute.

 

"Can handwriting really tell you that much?"

"I just seem to see it."

"That so?"

"Why not?"

"Then can you see anything else?"

"Yes, of course."

Her eyes seem to want to avoid it then, but she turned her body towards Myungsoo and looked him in the eyes. "What else do you see?"

"You're afraid," he began, while taking his scarf off, "and.. you're cold." He wrapped the scarf around her and she just turned back gazing the city lights.

 

"Why don't you ask, Myungsoo?" 

"I am curious, but I don't really know if it would be what I want to hear."

"How so?"

"I feel the need to know, but I'm scared to, would it hurt you more or hurt me more?"

That night Eunjoo shared her past, just a tiny bit of memory she tried to hide, she didn't tell him everything. 

But as the story slowly continued and as the sun and moon seem to collide and switch, the two seem to come together at heart too. To her that's just her past, but just as Myungsoo said, she already has a future planned ahead, and that's what Myungsoo doesn't know.

 

"What do you mean, it's just all to survive?"

"It's a show. To put up to distract and please my parents."

"Becoming a doctor is? Then what's behind that?"

"More than you think, more than what they know, more than how people want me to be."

 

They don't seem to see the obligation to part, heading their way to breakfast. 

"Did you know, Myungsoo?" She stopped her footsteps and turned her head towards the glass window of a clothes store. Myungsoo's eyes followed through to where her eyes are. She was looking at herself, her reflection.

"Know what?"

"Look at yourself. What do you see?" She asked him.

"I see my reflection."

"Mhmm." She then looked down then behind her, and Myungsoo followed her eyes again.

"Look, what do you see?"

"My shadow."

"Mhm. Did you know? There's three of us, whether it's the past," she pointed to the ground at her own shadow, "the present," she pointed to herself while her eyes locked with Myungsoo's. "Or the future." Then she pointed to her reflection in the glass.

"The past, is what our present have faced and overcome." She pointed again to the ground, then to herself.

"The future, is what our present have not faced and have not overcome." She sticked her hands into her coat pocket.

"In other words, our present defeated our past, and so can our future defeat our present, but fear is what our present have overcome and defeated the past. So the same will the present; because of the fear of the future, defeat it and overcome." She looked towards the ground and up at Myungsoo.

"In the end, the only person we have not defeated is ourselves, Myungsoo. That, is what I'm trying to overcome."

And that is why I'm afraid, Myungsoo.


And while others 

spent their time

worrying about the future,

she wasted countless minutes

fearing the unknown

that lied hidden before her - simplyy_olivia @tumblr.com

 

"Just like a chance meeting of the past...

I leave my chances up to fate, and I linger

around the place. The only thing

that ultimately comes in the end...

are doubts."

- I Need Romance 3