iii.

That person.

 

EunJoo was prepared, to finally try out her own plan. To see if the person she once loved would have interest in her, to show everyone that she isn't that girl from before, who even though matched their standard, was still an outcast.

She went to an international american high school in Seoul. The high school was a continue from preschool all the way to junior high, and she was like a cut in. Even though she was a transfer, she became just like them; however, still different in her way. She raised several boys interest but have never even thought of going out. She waited and waited, maybe, just until the right one, or the one she prefered finally laid eyes on her. Wow, that was hard, all she did was have her eyes on Joongki. They were close in a way, but there always felt a line in between. He told her about his first crush he ended up dating, but left him. That was a grade 6 matter, but he seems to still leave his hopes up until SoMi came and said she liked him and wanted him to like her too. And they ended together.


"She looked like her, a lot like her." JoongKi said. EunJoo remembered clearly, they were in the library and she had her eyes consisted on her book, afraid of his every word.

"Who?"

"SoMi, she looked just like BoYoung. Even if she doesn't look exactly alike, some actions just reminds me of BoYoung." He slowly explained, like he was trying to picture something in front of him.

"Did anyone ask?" A drop landed on her book and she knew. She knew then, that she was crazy in love. And, she had to stop.

"I thought you would want to know. I thought you would ask too, but you didn't." 

"So, she became your replacement for BoYoung?"

"Maybe. But I think I treasure her as much as BoYoung too. Because I see her as BoYoung, and likewise treat her good, like how I would treat BoYoung."

"You're putting your love for Boyoung onto SoMi. Because she looked alike, becuase she could become her replacement."

"I guess, I love BoYoung so much, and I see her as Boyoung, so I love her that much too."

"Love...."


That is when EunJoo understood that looks can fool. Because she was a bit dfferent from the classmates, in some way they did not acknowledge her. For instance, her asianess. So today, she is here to prove her different can make her better than them. She will give them a surprise.


"Oh, look! The great BSD is here." "That bull dog, you mean." "Just look at her, maybe she got that natural looks but I bet she fixed herself in a way." Several woman classmates whispered while guys welcomed with sparkling eyes.

EunJoo also became 'a treasure'. She wanted to see if she could now match up to JoongKi's standard.

"Long time no see." EunJoo sat down.

"Hey, I heard you made JiYeon's wedding dress. Would you mind if you made some of ours when we get married?" some girl asked.

"Of course, that would be my pleasure."

"Yeah, I was wondering if we could get wedding dresses for a cheaper price. You know, getting married does waste tons of our money." Some other classmate chatted on while clinging onto her boyfriend.

"Oh talking about marriage. Are you married yet, EunJoo? Someone like you, should have, am I right?"

"Hahaha, that's incredible, stop talking nonsense. Remember? Everyone knew her as the SaJoongFan (sasaeng Joongki fan). I bet she is still crazily in love with him."

"Yes! Oh, that reminds me, SoMi beat her and JoongKi doesn't even look at EunJoo anymore. Best friend loves her best guy friend, but best guy friend left her for just another transfer. What a love story."

"Excuse me, are you talking about the guy that my EunJoo chased after before, but he ignored her, and so I got the chance to hold her hand now?" A voice chooed behind them.

"Ommo omomo. Isn't that Kim Myungsoo from Infinite?"        "Why is he here?" 

"EunJoo, he's your boyfriend?" EunJoo heard SoMi ask from the other side of the table.

"She is my girlfriend, but I'm not sure if she wants to call me her boyfriend." Myungsoo answered her. He laced his fingers around EunJoo's and stood behind her.

"EunJoo-ah, is he your boyfriend?" JoongKi asked.

"He is." She pulled Myungsoo closer.

"Oh, wow, you never told me."

"You never asked, chinggu."

It was a hit. She felt it herself as she spit those words.

"Jagi, she doesn't want  to interrupt my job so we kept quiet, but when I found out she had a high school reunion, I suggested her to bring me along since everyone would be bringing their partner." Myungsoo explained as he bent down and smiled kissing on EunJoo's cheeks gently.

"Wooh, you guys look married already!" someone pointed out.

"Oh, EunJoo, would you mind to also make a wedding dress for me. You see, JoongKi and I planned to get married in two months. Could you do us this favor?" SoMi's voice just echoed and echoed in EunJoo's ears.


"So you're actually going to make the dress?"

"Why not?" They walked along the streets heading for probably somewhere around the river.

"Can you maybe tell me... why?.." He inched closer behind her and asked. The breeze wavered the trees and a chill sent down their spine.

"To make a dress, just that. For a classmate, for her wedding." Her sentences was out of order.

"EunJoo-ah."    He paused. "Umm... Krystal?"

Her foot stopped.

"Since, I paid for this night, I will tolerate that name. But don't ever call me that. Thanks."

"What do you mean? I heard them call you that. Tell me, is something wrong with your english name?" Myungsoo asked again.

"Is that important to you? Why do you ask?"

"I am your boyfriend. This moment, this second, still am. So, will you care to answer already?"

"JoongKi, he used to only call my english name. He also had a pretty high pitch and tender voice like yours, so, don't say my english name with that mouth of yours."

"So you went because of him, you said you wanted to show. It was for him?"

 

"Have you heard of 'The Giving Tree'? I was the tree for him, I supported. I was there, always there. And at first the little boy loved and cherrished the tree, but walked away to find his own happiness. Leaving the happiness he had with the tree, becuase, you know, the tree would always be there, no matter what. It was like that thosee years. Little boy matured, and never came back."

"But why did you go to the reunion exactly? Shouldn't the tree just be the tree and stay there and wait?" 

"Because the tree can no longer see the little boy, even his back or his shadow, he went too far away. And so today the tree came to say goodbye. There were things I wanted to tell him, but I buried them, and let them hurt me."

"This is all you want to know right? I guess we're over, Myungsoo. Thanks for tonight, ex-boyfriend." She also said goodbye to that person.


 

For those who don't have the book: http://www.slideshare.net/wicaksana/the-giving-tree-3293089