Chapter 6

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why isn't there a red sting….

 

 

I'm shocked…..how is this possible…..first Chanyeol and now Sandara? They don't have the red string…..

 

In a panic, I looked around at the people seated around the cafe.

 

And to my horror, I mumbled “I can't see them….I can't see them….”

At this moment, my eyes are bugging out of my head, my face drowned from any color.

 

“Baek?” I heard Chanyeol voice. I turned to him and he instantly noticed my state.  Looking concerned, frowning his eyebrows he asked, “Are you ok? You look pale”.

 

“Ahh….ahhh y-yeah...I'm ok”. I managed to stutter out.

Great job, Baekhyun!! Why don't you stutter more!!! Anyone and their mother can tell you're not ok with the way you just spoke!!!

 

 

Looking around one more time, in a desperate attempt to see the strings. My eyes forced on the woman standing next to Chanyeol, Sandara. She also had a concerned look painted on her face.

 

I need to go….I need to get out of this place!  The voice in my head kept yelling. 

 

“Umm, Chanyeol!” I said, which was attended to be subtle but instead my voice as loud, almost as I was yelling. “I just remembered something! I need to get home now!”

Not waiting for an answer from the tall man in front of me, I handed him the coffees and grabbing the grocery bags that Chanyeol offered to carry.

“Thanks for today!” I said as I hurried out of the cafe.

 

What the hell!! What the actual hell!

Why can't I see them!!! The threads!! Where are they?!!

 

I was speed walking through the street looking all around trying to see the strings that connect people to their other half.

 

But they weren't there….

 

I don't get it….how is this possible….for 12 years of my life I have been seeing these threads and now they have disappeared! What the actual hell!!!

 

I might have looked like a crazy person, speed walking while looking around and mumbling, “Where are they”. A few pedestrians turned to look and acknowledge me as I sped by them.

 

Yep, I'm officially crazy in the eyes of other! But this isn't important! I don't get it how is this even possible…..how can these strings just disappear…..How!!! They weren't fading, they weren't dissolving in thin air…I could….I saw them yesterday, and nothing was amiss with them. So why?

 

Not knowing what to do I rushed home. Thinking maybe, I was tired and needed some rest and because of my tiredness, my eyes were playing this cruel joke on me.

I got home in 10 minutes, thanks to my speed walking in a panic stage.

I unlocked the apartment door and walked in, setting my grocery bags down by the enters and locking the door.

 

I didn't know what to do….What if I can't see the threats, even when I get rest….What than….

 

These thoughts crept into my head and soon filled it. I slumped down, my back against the door.

 

“What is happening….Will...will, I ever see the threats again?” I mumbled.

 

 

 

 

 

I got up from by the door after a few minutes. Gabbing the grocery bags, I brought them into the kitchen and placed the contents to their respected places.

 

 

 

After a while, I went to my room and laid on my bed. I started to ponder on about the threads.

 

 

12 years….it has been 12 years since I started seeing these threads. Hmmm, God, it's been sometime now. These threats were so annoying, so very annoyi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter