Chapter 4

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was filling through channels in the living room t.v, while Chanyeol changed in the bedroom. I laid out the clothes on my bed before exiting it a soon as the giant came in with the towel rapped around his hips.

 

 

"Sigh~ is there anything to watch? Any good movie, or even a boring interview by a politics" I said  laying down on the couch. Until someone or something jumped on me "Beak! I'm hungry" Chanyeol said giving me his signature creepy smile.

"W-Why are you telling me?" I asked him choking since he was sitting on top of me, on my chest, making it hard to breath "Get OFF!" I yelled and pushed him off, he fell to the ground, not really he was standing since this giant knew that I was going to push him off. So he got off before I actually had the chance to do anything.

"Well, since I'm at your house as a guest I think you should feed me" he said with yet another smile.

"Ahh, fine" I said getting up and started to walk to the kitchen to the fridge to see if I had any thing to eat. When I opened it I found I had nothing, no food at all. Well, there was some milk...Just for one person. But I have to save it for breakfast, I can't do anything without my cup of coffee in the morning. Then I have 4 eggs, and some bread...Should I have a egg sandwich? No, I can't do that. I have to feed him something else....But what? Wait, I think I bought some instant Raman, it should be it the one the cabinets.

I closed the fridge and went to the cabinets that where on top of the oven/stove. I got on my tip-toes and started to reach as I opened the cabinet, and it was a big mess. Everything was on top of everything. Well, this a short person's problem, I can't always reach what I need so I always put them on top of everything else so I can get easy access. 

I started to reach but apparently I couldn't reach it not even a little, since it was on top of everything else...How the heck did it get up there!! I kept reaching and this isn't getting me anywhere!

Then a hand came next to mine and grabbed the bag that contained the instant Raman noddles. I looked at the bag that was now in front of my face,  I took it and looked that the person that got it down for me, the giant was smiling at me and I swear my cheeks started to get flushed. I snatched the bag from him and said "Thanks" in a low town. 

He gave me a smile before leaving to go to the living room, to watch t.v. I got the kettle and filled it with some water and placed it on top of the stove so it can boil and I can make the Raman for myself and the giant. 

I went back out side and sat down next to Chanyeol, who was to engrossed in the show he was watching that he didn't even notice me. I looked at him for a while before turning my attention to the screen as well, and he was watching a documentary. About what soulmate or something.

"What is this?" I asked not sure what I was watching.

"A show" he answered sleepily

​"I know it's a show!! I mean what is it about?" I snapped at him for thinking I didn't know what a show is.

"It's about the legends. They're talking about the legend of the red string of fate" Chanyeol said looking at me and then back at the screen.

"Oh..."I simply answered looking at the screen again. I think this is interesting, will since I have had many question about it, that I couldn't ask anyone since no one believes in it or knows anything about it.

 

 

There was an man in his late 20, he was wearing a suite and was like a professor or a scholar. The man spoke and said "There’s an old story in Chinese folklore about a magical connection between two people that are destined to be soul mates, called ‘the red string of fate'.

It’s not the kind of connection we’re used to thinking of, where you fall in love with your soul mate and feel an intense connection to them.

In Chinese folklore the red string of fate is an actual object… a string that’s red but also invisible at the same time. It’s tied to a pinky finger of every person on earth and stretches all the way out to the pinky finger of their soulmate wherever that is, regardless of time and space. Legend says that the string can get very tangled up but it will never break." 

Then they started to show some old pictures that where made back when many people believed in the legend.  

 

 

 

After show some pictures they showed a woman, who was another professor and she spoke "There is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter