Chapter 2

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"So, how do you like the university so far? Is it better than your old university?" I asked the giant Yoda next to me, as we walked together to the roof of one of the buildings. 

"Haha, Baek. How many times are you going to ask me the same thing?" The man next to me answered with a smile. "It been a month and you have asked me the same thing a billion times now."

"...I asked you this before?" I asked as I stopped walked. I put my hand on my chin and I started to think, rather I asked this question before or if Chanyeol was pranking me. We tend to do that to each other. Ever since we met, we have been ranking none stop. Everyone has been our target, family, friends, even professors. 

"Beak, don't stop walking all the sudden!" Chanyeol cried and walked ahead of me as I pondered. Did I really ask that many times? No, I don- 

"Yes, I like this university a lot," Chinook spoke bring me out from my train of thought. He started to inch closer to me "Especially..." He stopped, placing his hands on my shoulder "Especially since I met you...." He trailed off, giving me a small smile. 

 I swear my face is burning up. Am I blushing? ! I think I'm blushing. Chanyeol brought his face closer to mine and whispered: ".... a good friend." He said releasing my shoulders and patting them. I was left breathless, I not only feel my face enveloped in a scarlet hue but my heart is beating a little fast, and I feel knots forming in my stomach. ​​​​​​Am I ok?

 Chanyeol started to climb the stairs to the rooftop. After climbing a few, he turned around asking "Coming?" I stood in the same spot for a few seconds, which prompted Chanyeol to state in a teasing voice "Did you fall for me?" He ended the question with a wink. I huffed and replied, "Who will fall for you?" I started to climb the stairs passing Chanyeol, who upon hearing my reply shrugged his shoulders and stated: "Maybe some beauty with sharp features, a great sense of style, and infectious laughter." 

 "Geeze, Yeolli. That could be...." I stopped putting my hand on my chin pretending to think. Then I continued with "no one. That could be no one." I exclaimed looking back at him.

"Wow, that's mean!" Yelled the tall giant. 

 

 

It's been four weeks since Chanyeol has transferred to this university. And we have grown quite close since then. Mainly because everyone is busy being lovey-dovey, which means me and this tree are all alone. So now we have become best friends. Sorry, not sorry Luhan.

 

For the red thread. I STILL CAN'T SEE IT!!! But it's ok since I don't mind it's only one person and I can see everyone else 's. And there is a possibility that Chanyeol doesn't have a soulmate. I wonder what happened to his partner.

 

As we made it to the roof, Chanyeol opened the door and walked out and I followed suit. It was sunny and bright out, seems like a good day. I breathed in the fresh air and sat down, my back against the concrete wall. Chanyeol was walking around looking at the view, the university has the best view of Seoul. We praise ourselves on that....a  lot. The overview consists of the park across the street, the flower shop, the coffee house that most students go to during or after their classes, and the Han river. 

 

 

It's too bad that not a lot of students come up here and enjoy the fresh air or the magnificent view of the city. I remember when I first came here, it was during my first year, I kind of got lost and ended up here. But at that time, I didn't really get a good look at the scenery. Later on, after a week or so when I wanted to escape my friends (and the threads) I came here and now I would come up here time to time and hide out from them.

This place is like my little secret, which I have shared with Chanyeol. I feel as he is a lot like me, in the sense that we both don't have a scarlet thread connecting us to people. 

 

 

"This view is beautiful" I heard Chanyeol's deep voice. I was taken out of my thoughts/memories. He was standing by t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter