Chapter 8

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"You can't see the threads can you?" 

That question was still running through my head. The stern look Taeyeon gave me, locking her gaze with mine and uttering this question. I was puzzled when she asked it. I remember diverting my gaze from hers. 

"You really can't..." She said loosening her grip on my wrist. "Baekhyun, how? when?" She started to question, inching closer, trying to meet my sight. 

"I don't know...It happened all of a sudden" I answered and she took a few steps back.

 

 

Taeyeon was the only one, who I had shared this secret with. This girl in front of me was once my first love and the one I thought I could call and make my soul mate. But of course, that didn't last. 

It happened when we were in high school. Taeyeon was my senior and I had a major crush on her. She was popular with both guys and girls, and when I was able to catch her attention, I felt like I won a lottery. I became known as the chosen one. 

Yet, this moment didn't last long. On our first date, I took Taeyeon to a restaurant. As we ordered our food, I kept staring at her left pinky, mainly to see who she was really fated to be with. To my disappointment, it wasn't me. Wow, I was one hell of a chosen one, right? 

This action was observed by Taeyeon, who promptly asked why I was stareing at her hand. And when I tried to play dumb, passing it on as me being nervous, she laughed and said "If this (point at me and then at her) is to work, then there need to be no secrets. Got it?" I nodded and sighed. 

"This might sound dumb..." Which caused the girl before me to frown her brows "Correction this is dumb." I stopped. 

"No, please go ahead." She said sliding her hand across the table to hold mine. "I promise I won't laugh." She smiled. 

I gave her a small smile as I took a deep breath, "I can see red threads" I looked at her dead serious. She gave me a look that can be best described as 'no Baekhyun, we can all see red threads.' As I studied her expression I stated, "I know what you are thinking, and by red thread I mean the red thread of fate."

Taeyeon released my hand and let out a "haha, very funny." 

"I'm telling you the truth. As soon as this date started I realized we would not last since your string isn't connected to me." I point to my pinky and then her's. "Your string is extending past me." I said as I continued to point at her pinky and then followed the trail the red thread left. 

"I don't believe you" She uttered. 

"I didn't expect you too. But I'm telling you, to let you know we wouldn't last s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter