Chapter 5

The Red Thread of Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The next morning

Chanyeol woke up before me, still hadn't gotten out of bed but instead he was on his phone with a huge grin.

"Oh good morning, Baek", he said turning his head towards me when he felt me steering and blinking a few times to adjust my eyes to the light in the room. The window in my room is directly beside my bed and the sun light always brightens up the room and running my mood. I'm not really a morning person and especially don't like being speaking up with bright light hitting my face.

"H-hey...good morning" I said after a while.

"You're a heavy sleeper aren't yah" said the giant with a smirk.

"Listen here, I haven't sleep in two days since I had papers due! Plus today's my day off!" I retorted.

"Hahah, yes yes, you have been busy so it's good for you to get some rest." the man beside me got up "Well, how about we have breakfast" he smiled and got out of bed and stretching. I sat up on the bed and looked at the guy who made his way out of the bedroom and into the bathroom across the hall.

This feels strange....like we are lovers who spent the night tougher and now we will have breakfast....

I felt my face burning up, I'm sure anyone can tell I'm blushing like a schoolgirl who's crush just returned her feelings.

Ahhhh, why am I like this!! We are only friends! Come on Byun Baekhyun get a grip of yourself. He isn't you partner, there is no string connecting you too.

"Yeah, no string connecting us to one another...." I mumbled as I looked my left hand, and started to rub the pinky bases.

That's where the red sting would have been...but it's not here...



"Baek, what are you doing just sitting around in your bed. Are we having breakfast or not?" the voice came from by my doorway where Chanyeol was pouring in from.

"Yeah. I'm coming" I said getting up from my bed and walking out of the room.

Chanyeol put his hand on my head and ruffled my hair, "Go get wasted up. I will get some breakfast ready".

At this moment I swear, I felt my heartbeat. Tump...Tump....I nodded to the man in front of me as I lowered my head looking at my feet.

"E-excuse me" I said in a slight mumble as I walked away, not daring to look up at the man, who is making me feel butterflies in my stomach.





"Baek~~ I hope you like eggs and toast" the man I yearned sang, as I made my way into the kitchen. He sat a plate down in front of me as I took a seat at the little makeshift plastic table.

"Thanks" I said as I tore a piece of the toast and started to break the egg yolk with it, soaking the toast in it and eating it.

"The coffee will be ready soon" the man said taking a seat in front of me. "You need to go to a grocery store asap. You have nothing for dinner tonight" he said looking directly at me.

"I know, I have been to busy to go. I will go today." I said with my mouth full.

"You better, I don't want you dying on me" Chanyeol said "By the way, are you doing anything today. I mean it's the weekend and a perfect time to hang out".

"I have earns to run, such as buying food" I said look up at him.

"Hahah, I know! How about we go together? We can hangout and in the end have dinner together again." the man in front of me said with a big smile.

"Why? Don't you have homework or stuff" I said.

"Not really, I'm not taking to many classes so the workload is pretty minimal. Plus, I want to hangout" he said smiling.

 

I stopped chewing eyeing him, “don't you have class today?” I asked.

Chanyeol grinned “It got canceled”. He tapped his phone and entered his password in. Then he held it in his hand and shelved the phone to my face. It was an email by his professor stating how due to a last minute inconveniences he had to cancel class.

“Lucky you.” I said, as Chanyeol moved the phone from in front of my face.

“I know!” he said smiling ear to ear. “but it's too bad since today was by music class, I can't see my lovely Sandra~” he sighed.

 

“Hey….do you think Sandra is your soulmate” I said not making eye contact with the gain.

 

There was brief silence between us.

 

“Why do you say that?” he asked.

“Oh, no reason….I just remember last night you said that you believe in soulmates and destiny” I said, still not making eye contact with him.

 

“I don't know…..I guess” the giant says after a while. “When I first saw her, I don't know I just felt like my whole world stopp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter