King for a Day Pt 2

Her Lie

Staring at the dresses, all four of them were rooted to the ground. As the rest of the members stifled their laughs, they pushed the quartet towards Kris. Eyeing the dress one more time, Chaerin snorted. “No way in hell am I wearing that.” Raising his eyebrow, Kris said, “Well we can do this the easy way or the hard way.” Not budging, Chaerin turned her head to the side with eyes closed and arms crossed. “Hard way it is.” Kris picked her up and walked over to the dressing room while Chaerin struggled in his grasp. As Kris closed the door, Tao, Suho, and Xiumin tried to inch away, but were caught by the shoulders. “Oh we can’t forget our hyungs.” Sehun snickered. “Now we could do this the easy way or the hard way.” Chen said deviously, as the three were dragged to the dressing rooms.

“Let me out Kris.” Chaerin hissed. “Umm let me think about it. No. Now hurry up and change.” Letting out a groan, Chaerin sat down with puffed out cheeks. “I refuse.” Kris bent down to her level. “I’m. King.” “And. I. Don’t Care.” Now irritated, Kris did the only thing possible without actually changing her himself. He began to tickle her. ‘H-hey. S-s-stop!” Continuing with the tickling, Kris said, “Not unless you change.” Not being able to take it anymore, Chaerin agreed. Huffing, she lifted herself up off the floor. Seeing that Kris had his back turned, she began to change. She even took off her wrap. “Okay, I’m done.” She sighed. Kris turned around and couldn’t believe his eyes. She actually looked like a…cute doll! Feeling his cheeks reddening, he covered his face with one hand. Without saying a word, he opened the door for her and she stepped out to see the jaws of eleven guys hanging open. Seeing Chaerin actually look feminine, they hid their blush the same way as Kris did.

With no one talking and only staring, Chaerin felt a little hurt. I knew it wouldn’t suit me anyways. Never did in the past… Sighing, she mumbled, “I look horrible. I’m going to go change…” But an onslaught of no’s made her stop. The first one to speak up was Luhan. “You don’t look horrible, actually quite the opposite.” Behind him, Baekhyun said, “We were just shocked at first…noona.” “Yeah…unni.” Wait, unni? Looking to her side, Chaerin saw a sight that almost made her die of laughter. There stood Suho, Xiumin, and Tao in their dresses with bows in their hair too. Covering from the sight, she made her way over there.  Finally letting out her laughs, the triplet had faces of shame. “Okay guys I just paid for the dresses. Now let’s go shopping.” Kris smirked. You mean I have to wear this out in public?!,Chaerin thought. 


Murmurs and whispers could be heard while all thirteen of them walked through the mall. Granted, it was mostly directed at the Xiumin, Suho, and Tao, but Chaerin felt so out of place. She even heard a few cat calls directed their way. But after an hour of shopping, they rested on some benches by a water fountain. Sighing, Chaerin looked up and saw a group of six guys, sitting on a bench opposite of her. They were almost as attractive as Exo, she observed, and she actually made eye contact with one of them. He waved and mouthed hello. Blushing, Chaerin sneaked away from the boys and made her way over to him.

He greeted with a simple hello. Chaerin greeting the same way, he said, “I couldn’t help but notice you looking depressed over there.” Wow his voice is really quiet, didn’t expect that. “Oh, I lost a bet and had to wear this frilly dress, that’s probably why I looked depressed.” Chaerin chuckled, ruffling all the frills on her dress. “I’m guessing the same thing happened to your three friends over there.” Seeing that he was pointing at the triplet in matching dresses, she nodded and chuckled. “But I’m glad you lost the bet. You look really pretty.” He smiled. Hearing his words made Chaerin blush, “O-oh, thank you. By way I’m Chaerin.” “Leo.”

The Exo boys glared at the exchange between the two. “Who’s he!” Chen yelled. “Ssshhh. Maybe she likes him.” Lay chided him. “No way. Noona’s not the type to be all lovey dovey.” D.O. commented. “I don’t like it.” Kris blatantly said. All agreeing with him, they got up and moved towards them. “Ahem, excuse us.” Kai and Sehun interrupted the two as they lifted Chaerin up by under her arms. “W-wait. Kai, Sehun!” Chaerin cried. As they lifted her away from Leo, she pouted her lips. Darn, I was about to get his number too…  

The maknaes set down Chaerin once they were a good distance away from them. Seething, Chaerin shouted, “What the hell was that for! I was about to get his number until YOU GUYS interrupted  us. “Calm down noona. The other guys were leaving and we just didn’t want to leave you.” Kai lied. Still angry, Chaerin muttered, “Let’s just go.”

The car ride was loud but one individual was silent throughout the whole ride. So close to getting his number. He was so handsome and nice. Oh well… Arriving at her house, they all went inside, only to be ushered out. “I have work in an hour, so just go home.” Chaerin said. “Well since I’m still king, tell me where you work at.” “I work at Aroma Café.” Chaerin sighed, not feeling like arguing. Going upstairs to get into uniform, the boys lazed around the living room turning on the tv. Coming back downstairs after 15 minutes, Chaerin was in her barista’s uniform, posing as a guy again. “Ready?” 


After following Chaerin on her motorcycle for 20 minutes, they arrived at Aroma Mocha. “Hey Dara.” As a female barista looked up, a smile appeared. “Hey Chaerin. Oh, I see you brought some of your friends.” The boys giving a slight bow, Chaerin nodded. “They wouldn’t stop bugging me, so I brought them here.” “The more the merrier!”

The boys were seated as they looked over at all the various coffees and pastries.  Not wanting to but having no choice, Chaerin went over to them. “Are you all ready to order?” Chaerin asked, putting on her fake smile she uses to all her customers. After the long order (It is twelve guys, what do you expect), Chaerin went back to station to start brewing all the orders. After the long process, she brought them over. “Wah, you have to teach me some day.” Xiumin gushed, back in his regular clothes. “One day.” Chaerin laughed over her shoulders, as she went to another table to take more orders. But as she walked away, the girls at the table gushed about how cute Chaerin was. If only they knew, Kris thought.

“Soooo, you made some friends I see, Chaerinnie. And handsome ones at that.” Dara teased. “If you want them take them. They’re  a handful.” Chaerin chuckled. “Oh you know I’m too old for them. I’ll be turning 24 this year and they’re what? 17?18?” Giggling, Chaerin turned back to the coffee machine. “Oh, I guess I’m not the only one who noticed how handsome they are.” Dara said, noticing that a group of girls went up to them. Wanting to see for herself, Chaerin noticed that there were indeed girls talking to them. She wouldn’t have cared but one of them was getting a little too friendly with Kris. Though he was all smiles and even laughing at something she said. “Why does my chest hurt…?”


Ooohh is Chaerin starting to have feelings? We'll just have to wait! Here's another short chapter from me since I have no homework to do. Subscribe, comment, upvote, and hoped you enjoyed!