King for a Day

Her Lie

Walking to the infirmary, Chaerin started to stir from the swaying motion. Opening her eyes, she mumbled, “Why am I upside down and why is my head killing me?” Turning his head, Kris saw Chaerin stirring so he placed her down, but she was a bit wobbly so he held her by the arms for balance.

Rubbing his neck, Kris sheepishly said, “I may have hit you in the face by a basketball by accident and knock you unconscious.” “That explains why my head is killing me.” Chaerin groaned, cradling her head. Kris seeing the state she was, crouched down and said, “Get on I’ll piggy back you to infirmary.” Having no energy to argue, Chaerin got on his back silently, wrapping her arms around his neck and resting her head against his back.

Entering the infirmary, he placed her down on the bed. “Lemme see your head for any injuries.” Kris said.  Gently placing his hands around her head, he tilted her head all around inspecting for any damages. While Kris was checking her, Chaerin thought, Wow his hands are so big. Wait why is my heart beating fast? Kris failing to notice Chaerin’s internal struggle she was having, sat back down. “Well it seems like no injuries, but you may wanna take some pain meds.” Nodding, Chaerin made to get up, but Kris held her down. “Look, I wanna say I’m sorry about before in the locker room.” Kris said with a serious face. “It’s all good. But why did you get so angry?” Chaerin asked, knitting her eyebrows together. “O-oh that’s because…You’re like a little sister to me, yeah.” Kris answered. “Oh, okay.” Chaerin said, giving a smile. “Let’s go back. The others are probably worried.”

As they walked back to class, Chaerin could only think about what Kris said. Sister? Is that how he sees me? Why do I feel so disappointed? As those thoughts consumed her, Kris thought, Sister?! Seriously, I’m such an idiot, now I’ll never have a chance with her…

With the last bell ringing, all the students exited the school. Chaerin made her way to her motorcycle to only be tackled by the two maknaes, Sehun and Kai. “Are you okay?! We heard what happened at P.E.!” They both yelled with worried faces. “Well I was fine until you guys both tackled me!” A fuming Chaerin snapped. Sensing her mood, they backed up. Walking past them she noticed the rest of the boys were standing near her bike. She was already in a foul mood, and she didn’t want to have a headache too.

She tried to go by unnoticed, but, as expected, was pulled by Tao into their little circle. Bombarded with questions, all pertaining to whether or not she’s okay. She sighed and held up her hand for silence. “I’m okay, I just have a slight bump. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have work to get to.” Finally gaining freedom, Chaerin was about to walk away but Kris’s words stopped her. “Hey don’t forget our bet. I get to be king for a full day tomorrow.” Sighing, Chaerin turned around. “Okay, what do you want to do tomorrow?” Putting his hand out Kris said, “Give me your phone.” Handing it over, Kris punched in his number. “Text me your address, I’ll be picking you up to go shopping. That goes for Suho, Xiumin, and Tao too.” Slumping her shoulders, Chaerin walked back to her bike and to her job. 


The next day                                                                                                 

*Ding dong* Rolling over on her bed, Chaerin looked at her clock that read 9:45 AM. It’s ing Saturday, who comes over this early? Getting out of bed, Chaerin grumbled complaints the whole way to the door with half lidded eyes. “Hello?” Chaerin greeted opening the door, while rubbing her eyes. Not hearing a reply, she opened her eyes and saw all the Exo boys at her door, but…are they blushing? As she was about to question them, Kris cut her off saying, “I like your attire and all but…” Confused, Chaerin looked down and remembered that she only sleeps in her bra and underwear. A screeched escaped her lips as she slammed the door shut. Blushing at what just happened, she rushed upstairs and got dressed before going back downstairs. Opening the door, the boys were disappointed by Chaerin’s attire. They were hoping to see her wear girls clothes since all they’ve ever seen her in was the boy’s school uniform.

“So…WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING SO EARLY AT MY HOUSE!” Chaerin shrieked, as she glared at the twelve boys who just entered her house. “I said we were going to go shopping.” Kris shrugged his shoulders as he leaned against the wall. “This early!” “Yeah, now let’s go.” Walking towards the door, everybody followed as Chaerin locked the door. Taking two vans, the drivers being Kris and Suho, they all drove to the mall.

All thirteen of them walked through the mall, but Kris was leading and he wasn’t telling them what store they were going to. Though an abrupt stop made them all stop and look at the store they were standing in front of. It was a brightly lit store called Love Culture. With a devious smirk Kris said, “Okay Chaerin, Xiumin, Suho, and Tao. As king, today you will wear whatever I pick from this store.” Their faces paled at his words but the ones who were not a part of this bet tried very hard not to laugh but failed miserably.

They walked in the store and Kris went up to one of the workers whispering something. The worker looked at us and smiled and walked away while laughing. Scared, Chaerin, Xiumin, Suho, and Tao huddled together. “Look we all bolt at the count of three.” Chaerin whispered as they nodded their heads, wanting get out of this store just as much. “Okay, One. Two. Thr-“

“And where do you think you’re going?” Turning around Kris stood with his arms crossed, and glaring. Putting on innocent smiles, in unison they said, “No where!” Kris opened his mouth but was cut off as the same coworker came over with dresses. “This is what I’ve picked out for you. Have a nice day!” Giggling as she was walking away. Turning back around, Kris gave out the dresses. “Here Suho, Xiumin, and Tao. Wear these. (Pick any three for them lol) And here’s yours Chaerin.” Looking over at the dresses, all four of them gulped. Chaerin thought, No ing way am I wearing THIS.


Double update, whaaaat!? Yup here's another update from me since I'm in a good mood and have no homework. It may be shorter than the other chapters though. So subscribe, comment, upvote, and hoped you enjoyed!