Part of the Group

Her Lie

Leaning against her motorcycle, Chaerin watched as the crowd of students exited the school.  She waited patiently for the blonde headed man, since he told her to wait for him after their little spat at lunch earlier today. Tapping her feet as her patient was running thin, she decided he wasn’t worth her time. Though as she got on her motorcycle, she heard a deep voice say, “Not going to keep to your word?” Thinking she was in the clear, she hopped off her bike and resumed back to leaning against it. 

“What did you wanna talk about?” An impatient Chaerin asked. Smirking inwardly to himself Kris placed his hands behind his head. “Just wanted to talk.” Kris nonchalantly said. Seeing how Chaerin clenched her fists, he could tell she was about to explode. But he liked poking at this very feisty cat.

Tired of his shenanigans, Chaerin pulled out a pack of cigarettes and a lighter. Pulling one out, she lit it and took a long drag, before exhaling all the smoke into Kris’s face. Kris not being a smoker, coughed at the smell and waved his hand to fan away the smoke. Pleased with the results of her actions, she chuckled as she held the cigarette between two fingers. “You smoke?” Kris asked incredulously.  Chaerin just gave a shrug as she flicked off the ashes from her cigarette.  “Why? You don’t?” Chaerin asked.

Kris hesitated to answer. He looked down at her cigarette, and swiped it from her hands. “Of course I do.” Placing it between his lips, he inhaled it, only to result in him having a coughing fit. Chaerin rolled her eyes, as she took back her cigarette. “Of course you do.” Stomping and crushing the cigarette on the ground, she placed her helmet on her head and got on her motorcycle. “I’ll see you tomorrow angry bird.” She drove off as Kris had just regained his composure from his coughing fit. Driving away Chaerin thought, He’s pretty fun to squabble with.


Walking in the classroom, she was greeted by the girls of the classroom as usual. But as she looked over at the Exo boys, she saw no blonde. Huh, must not be here today, Chaerin thought. So she sat in her seat, waiting for the teacher to come in. When a voice said, “You didn’t greet me Chaerin, that hurts.” Looking at the owner of the voice, what she saw made her eyes widen. Kris, no longer blonde, but now sporting dark brown, with his sides shaved. “You said you didn’t like matching, so I changed it. Now will you at least try and trust me?”

Seeing as how he went through so much trouble just to please her, she chuckled and gave a smile. “Yes, yes I trust you know.” Chaerin gave her eye smile, as all the boys of Exo felt their hearts skip a beat. “So does that make us friends now?” A hopeful Tao asked. “Why not.” Chaerin threw her hands up with a smile. Upon hearing her answer, they grabbed her arms and brought her in for a group hug with her in the center. “Can’t…Breathe!” Chaerin exclaimed.  Backing away, the boys muttered their sorrys, they sat down quickly as the teacher walked in to begin class.  


The Exo boys walked towards the cafeteria together as usual, but this time with a new member. Chaerin was now officially part of the group Exo. Murmurs and whispers were heard as they walked in the hallway. Feeling the stares, Chaerin decided to ignore them. Reaching the cafeteria she went straight to the courtyard, but was stopped by Kyungsoo. “Aren’t you going to eat?” Digging for inside her bag, Chaerin showed she brought some bread to munch on. “Is that enough?” Suho asked. Grabbing her wrist, Chen dragged her towards where their table, placing her in between Chen and Sehun. “Guys, I’m fine. I don’t eat much.” Chaerin laughed, but nobody listened as they pushed her a tray of food. 

Looking at the tray, she pushed it back. “I said I’m fine.” Chaerin being stubborn, crossed her arms and squinted her eyes. The person who bought her the food being Kris, pushed it back towards her. Being just as stubborn as her, he crossed his arms and glared back at her. Now pushing the tray to the maknae Sehun, Chaerin said, “Here, take this and enjoy it for me.” Chaerin made a dash towards the courtyard, as the hungry Sehun ate her lunch.

Climbing the giant tree outside, she reached her branch and laid, breathing in the fresh air and enjoying the peace and quiet. Though it was short lasted as the door opened revealing the Exo boys making their way towards Chaerin.  “Yah, I bought you that and you just give it to Sehun!”  Having her eyes closed, Chaerin pretended to be asleep. “Aish you-“ Kris started to climb the tree, and he finally made it to the branch next to her. “How about we all climb up?” Chanyeol suggested. And with that, there were 13 people sitting in a tree. “Chaerin you forgot your bread.” Tao said, handing her, her bread. Taking it and saying a small thanks, she began to munch on it like a small animal. Cute, all the Exo boys thought. Shooing that thought away, they boys relaxed on their branch and closed their eyes, letting the comfortable silence engulf them. As a few minutes passed, Chaerin began to sing Window by G-Dragon. Recognizing the song, Chen, Luhan, Baekhyun, and Kyungsoo started to sing along with her, while the other boys hummed along. Once their little acapella version of window ended, Luhan said, “You should practice singing with us after school.” “You should also join us in dance practice! Xiumin, Lay, and I could teach you.” Kai added in. “Hey I was gonna teach her martial arts! She obviously has the strength.” Tao exclaimed. “I was going to teach her guitar!” Chanyeol exclaimed. As the bickering continued, Chaerin thought, this is going to be a busy year.


Whew it's hard trying to incorperate all the exo members. Anyways, since school is closed due to snow, AGAIN, i decided to type this up tonight instead of the weekend. Also the lunch part about Chaerin not eating anything but bread was based on me. My friends get mad at me for eating only bread, so i run to the courtyard to escape their nagging. A little tidbit about myself. Anyways, subscribe, comment, upvote, and i hoped you enjoyed this chapter!