Monday

The Bodyguard
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The days rolled by quickly and before I knew it, Monday loomed before me. Monday. A day that I both dreaded and looked forward to. Like many people all over the world, I hated Mondays. It signified the start of the week. The start of work, of school. Of having to drag oneself out of a warm, comfy bed in the early hours.

 

But in some ways, I loved it. Because it meant I'd get to see her. Thoughts of seeing the actress again left me with a mixture of elation and excitement. Even before I laid eyes on her, butterflies were flying around in my stomach. I paced the periphery of the film set, anxious to see her, taking deep breaths to calm myself.

 

With the joy of seeing her though, came a touch of trepidation. Of worry; that I'd say something I shouldn't. Or that I'd fall deeper than I already had. Into a deep recess that I would not be able to crawl out of. I enjoyed being near her. I liked her company. And I hated that at the end of the day, the dreaded slate will clap. Signifying that my time with her was nearing its end. That she'll soon send me back to my lonely apartment, while she maybe goes home into the loving arms of her boyfriend. It was speculation at most and try as I might, I couldn't help but feel a dull ache at the thought. It was wrong. I should be happy for her. Why am I so selfish? Yup, Monday was the epitome of a love-hate relationship on so many levels.

 

Quietly, I watched the male cast as they jokingly squabbled with one another, jostling for position. Imbeciles. The camera hasn't even started rolling yet. Turning away from them, I scanned the crew, still searching for her. Although Ji Hyo was well known to be a sleepy-head with the tendency to sleep in and was often the last to report to the set, this was late, even by her standards.

 

I cast my gaze towards the clear blue sky, zipping my jumper up all the way. It was a surprisingly chilly morning for late spring. Frost covered the tips of the newly growing grass. Thoughts of her well-being raced through my head. So lost was I in my concern for her, that I failed to hear the soft footsteps coming from behind me as they crunched through fallen leaves. Which was why I nearly jumped out of my skin when I felt a hand on my shoulder.

 

I spun round to face the owner and there she was, in all her glory. She was dressed casually in a white woollen jumper. Her hair, an adorable mess from the frigid wind, gave her a windswept look. Her cheeks and the tips of her nose were rosy from the cold. She rubbed her nose, sniffling softly. “Good morning, Reg.” She greeted, her already slight husky voice was hoarser than usual.

 

Although I was concerned, I tried not to let it show and masked my feelings behind a look of disinterest. “Morning.” I grumped out, returning the greeting. She smiled brightly and a part of my crusty grouchy exterior melted at the sight. I adjusted the collar of my jumper, suddenly feeling like it had become stiflingly hot.

 

Unaware of my feelings, Ji Hyo leaned against my arm companionably. “Didn’t mean to surprise you. Seems like I interrupted something. Anything you want to sha–?” She sneezed before she could finish her sentence.

 

It sounded like the chilly morning air was getting to her. Either that, or she was coming down with a cold. Troubled, I ped my jumper. Retrieving a pocket-sized thermal flask from its inner pockets, I nudged the actress. “Here. Take it. I bought it for you this morning.” I told her gruffly, ing the flask in her direction.

 

Taking it from me, she opened it and sniffed the contents, a small smile forming on her lips. “Americano?” She asked.

 

Feigning nonchalance, I shrugged. “Yeah, it's a cold day. Figured you could use something hot.” I explained. Then frowning at her, I barked roughly. “You can throw it away if you don't want it.”

 

She pulled away from me, pouting adorably. “No! I want it! You went through the trouble of buying it so how can I not drink it?” She answered flippantly as if it were common-sense. It was annoyingly endearing and I had no answer for her. I turned away, snor

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter