9

Zitao felt the tension in the air between him and Kris. Of course; After Zitao left Kris with a raging , it was the perfect atmosphere to be hanging around the two.

 

“What took both of you long?” Kris’s mother asked as their conversation seemed to pause.

 

“Uhh. Someone was cleaning the CR so we had to wait.” Kris answered.

 

“Oh.”

 

Mrs. Huang checked her watch and her eyes widened in surprise. “Oh my god, it’s already late!” She looked up to Kris’s mom. “Sorry for keeping you too long. I’m really sorry. We don’t want to further impose.”

 

Kris checked his wristwatch to confirm the time. It was indeed late. They had to go. Both party got up after the little argument as to who should pay the bill, in which the Huangs insisted they do and eventually did. Even after they were out of the café, the three parents who were leading the way didn’t stop chatting. It was the perfect opportunity for Kris to grab Zitao by the elbow and halted walking to be left about five meters behind.

 

“I’m not done with you yet, Zitao.” The way Kris whispered to Zitao’s ears should have sent a shiver down the latter’s body. But instead, Zitao was trembling in sheer annoyance. His face red and his fingers curled to a fist. Then Kris left.

 

“Well, you too.” Zitao mumbled enough for Kris to hear and turn his way to give Zitao a menacing smirk which just fired up Zitao even more. So with a very mature way to retort, he stuck his tongue out to Kris. The other just shrugged and faced front, hiding the small smile in the process.

 

Not long, the grouped arrived at the waiting area for available cabs. The Huangs have no car with them but still refused Kris’s offer to take them to the hotel they are to stay. “Thanks for the offer Kris. Such a nice son, you have, Mrs. Wu. But we’ll take the cab. You have already done so much for us in our fist meeting.”

 

“It’s nothing. It’s nice to be of help.” After the pleasantries and exchange of contact numbers, the Huangs bade goodbye.

 

 

It was a tiring day. Zitao could feel his muscles relax immediately after his body touched the mattress. He was staying in the hotel with his parents for the night. Without even changing his day clothes (He didn’t have any extra with him, so why bother?), Zitao fell into a deep sleep.

 


 

It was the ray of sunlight that went through between the thick curtains heating his face that woke Zitao up. He was still groggy when he checked his phone which was surprisingly intact and still functioning even after being left in the pocket of his rather tight stretchable jeans. He suddenly jolted up and all the sleepiness which was still haunting him a second earlier left him as he eyed the time. It was noon. Half past noon to be exact which only meant that he had accidentally skipped two subjects and an exam on Structural Design. Zitao could believe at times like this about what Baekhyun constantly tell him something with him being cursed and how wearing wooden and crystal beads could counter this.

 

“Arrrrrrghh! What the hell did I do to deserve this?!”

 

Was depriving your professor of the right to in a public CR enough reason?

 

It was his split personally talking. Seriously, it was his conscience somehow knocking sense to his thick skull.

 

Zitao could only slump back to the soft bed and sleep the feeling of misery away.

 

Hours later, his phone rang. It took a thousand rings before Zitao answered the call without even checking who the call was from.

“Yoboseyo?”

 

“Zi-fuqn-Tao, where in the world are you?”

 

“What do you want, Sehun?”

 

“You skipped classes today and you ask me what I want. You’re insulting my concern for you, Huang. I’m so disappointed of you.”

 

“Cut the crap, tard. You sound started to sound like Luhan gege.”

 

“I CAN HEAR YOU, HUANG ZITAO! WAIT TIL I SEE YOU AND RIP YOUR BALLS OFF BEFORE YOU KNOW IT!”

 

Uh-oh. Rule number whatsoever: Do not ever, never ever, use Luhan’s name in vain.

 

“Ha ha ha. Just kidding gege. Saranghae!”

 

“You be thankful I also love you, you panda!”

 

“Now what do you want, Oh Sehun?” Zitao said in a harsh whisper and through gritted teeth.

 

“Seriously, Tao. We’re just worried. Sooo.. Where exactly are you and why you skipped today?”

 

“I’m staying of my parents in the hotel. Speaking of which, I haven’t seen them today.”

 

“Oh. Okay then. Have fun. And please give our regards to them. Bye bye!”

 

“Ooookay, thanks.. for worrying? Hahaha! Bye!”

 

Zitao ended the call and then noticed a note which he only noticed until now perched on the bedside table.

 

Zitao honey,

Take your meal at the hotel restaurant on the ground floor. We don’t have the heart to wake you up because you looked really tired. Don’t worry about us. We are probably touring around Seoul by the time you wake up. Mrs. Wu was so kind to give us a tour around for having been in Seoul many times before. Love you dear! <3 <3 <3

 

P.S.

 

Give us a beep when you finish reading this, ‘kay?

+12345678910

 

Mama and Papa

 

The ‘and Papa’ was scribbled differently. It was probably his father just wanting to also earn some sort of credit from the note. Heart-warming. Zitao felt loved… and not to mention, spoiled because along the note was an envelope containing bills of money. He dialed the number on the note.

 

“Mama?”

 

“Zitao?”

 

“Papa?”

 

“Yes. You just wake up?”

 

“Uhhh, yess?”

 

Zitao heard a sigh at the end of the line.

 

“Why don’t you join us for dinner? It’s almost five.”

 

He heard shuffling then her mother’s voice filled the line.

 

“Zitao, baby. We’re here at the café near your university. Mrs. Wu is with us. We went to Namsan Tower. It was breathtaking dear. Oh oh. Go shower and come here immediately. We’ll have dinner together. That’s an order, Huang Zitao so you better hurry. Bye sweetheart, Mama loves you!”

“Yes, Mama. Wo ai ni,” and Zitao hung up. His mother did love to use a lot, like really a lot, of endearments when talking to him on the line or even face to face. It would embarrass him most of the time especially when his friends about it afterwards but he just couldn’t come to tell her about his opposition about the names because she might get sad or even depressed. It was such a handful when her mother did get into such state. He rather not had her depress here in South Korea; they were in a vacation after all.

 


 

“Tao pandaaaaaaeee~~!”

 

Baekhyun welcomed him right after he stepped inside the café.

 

“Your parents are awesome!”

 

“You know my parents?” It was a surprise. No, it was a shock. Why would Baekhyun know his parents, and much more say that they’re awesome?

 

“Yeah. I talked to them a while ago. Yifan’s with them you know. I have no idea you are that close to that freaking giant.”

 

“I am not that close to Kri—Mr. Wu, whatever you mean by ‘that’. We’re just student and teacher.”

 

“Oh really? That’s not what I heard from a very reliable source.”

 

Zitao stared at Baekhyun with eyes wide as that of Kyungsoo. He didn’t mean what he said, right? It’s not what Zitao was thinking Baekhyun was implying, right? RIGHT? Oh no!

 

“You sound like some sort of showbiz reporter, hyung.”

 

Smooth.

 

“Oh not really. I just feel like sticking my nose to other’s business, like yours and Kris’s.”

 

“What business do you mean?” Oh dear god, please not that incident. Please, not that one.

 

“Well, nothing really interesting. Just that…. Should I really be telling you this? I mean, showbiz reporters don’t tell their subject what they’ll be writing or reporting about them, right?”

 

Before Zitao could respond and beg ask Baekhyun nicely, the latter was called back to the counter since the costumers in line started to line up quite long.

 

“Baekhyun-hyung!” Too late. Zitao sighed. He’d look for him later. For now, parents. Yes, and the dinner. He spotted them at the far corner and made his way there.

 

He was seated on the only available chair around the circular table, between his father and Kris. His mother blabbed about their trip to Namsan Tower and how she was terrified about riding the cable cars and so on. Zitao would have been listening if not for what was boggling his mind the whole time—his conversation with Baekhyun a little while ago. He eyed Kris who wasn’t also listening and he was so damn obvious. Thank god his mother wasn’t looking their way when it should be them she should be talking to. Anyway, Zitao had to talk to Kris. Zitao elbowed Kris.

 

“What?” Kris looked annoyed at being elbowed; much more it was Zitao who did.

 

“Let’s talk.” Zitao whispered, not giving anything away that he was talking to blond beside him.

 

Kris simply raised an eyebrow.

 

“Excuse me. I have to make a call.”

 

Zitao stood and went outside. He did make a call… to Kris.

 

Kris excused himself as he answered the call.

 

“Wow. How can you be so dumb saying you will make a call then my phone rung as soon as you step outside?” Kris said sending death glares passing through the glass wall to Zitao.

 

“Just shut up. Baekhyun-hyung knows.”

 

“Knows what?” Kris was already outside, dragging Zitao to the parking area. “Now talk.”

 

Zitao rolled his eyes before speaking. “He knows about t-the i-incident after their p-party.” Real smooth, Huang Zitao. Much of being told he’s dumb. He looked and sounded like a fool for blushing and stuttering.

 

Kris didn’t even look surprised. It was almost like he was exasperated or whatever one feels when you run your long fingers through your blond hair as if modeling for a shampoo commercial. The idea seemed funny and made Zitao giggle.

 

“What’s so funny?”

 

“Nothing.”

 

“Moron.” It was a mumbled between closed lips but Zitao had the ears of an animal and he heard it a hundred decibels louder.

 

“HEY! You told me I was dumb over the phone and I let slip. This time, you called me a moron. What the hell is wrong with you?!” As the last sentence escaped his lips, Zitao stepped real hard on Kris foot.

 

“!” It was supposed to be a muted curse but came out rather loud. A family who happened to pass by glared at the both of them. As always the mature one, Zitao pointed at Kris. “He said it!”

 

“I won’t let you go this time, Zitao.” Kris said through gritted teeth.

 

“What? You’ll do something out here? The hell I will let you!”

 

Kris smiled an all-melting, knee-softening, all-girls-go-gooey smile. It didn’t affect Zitao, not one bit.

 

Kidding. It did. That was why he was currently seated in the front seat of Kris’s car, helpless (not really, he could jump out during stops if he really wanted to) and tired (yeah, sleeping almost all day did tire him, what an exhausting activity sleeping is). Zitao texted his mother about going to the university with Mr. Wu because he had to get something and Mr. Wu was kind enough to accompany him.

 

“Where are we going?” Zitao asked, not liking the deafening silence.

 

“To hell.”

 

“Great. I’ll be meeting your father.”

 

“My father passed away when I was still a toddler and I’m sure he isn’t in hell.”

 

“Oh. Sorry.”

 

This was one reason why Zitao was a socially inept person. He really could say the most awkward things in the most perfect times. He wished the road cracks and swallows him whole. This was embarrassing! And insulting to Kris’s side if one wanted to put it that way!

 

“Really, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean it. But.. Where exactly are we going?” Zitao’s voice sounded so tiny. Truth be told he was afraid that Kris would snap at him at hearing him speak. So as a good measure, he spoke low, almost whispering.

 

“Hmmm. I don’t know. Anywhere. You have something particular in mind?”

 

Was he serious? Like seriously serious? Coz if this was a joke, it wasn’t even funny. Zitao was shaken when Kris suddenly dragged him towards his car and started his engine with an angry roar. He was sure that very moment that he should be saying his prayers and any last wish.

 

“ARE YOU ING SERIOUS?!”

 

“What? Oh. I think we’re lost.” Kris started to slow down, looking for any sign where in the earth they could be.

 

“WHAT LOST?!”

 

Zitao looked at his side and they really did look kind of lost. Long stretch of tall trees lined both the left and right side of the road. It was starting to get dark and the only light around the area was from Kris’s car. It was creeping the hell out of Zitao. He looked front and he only wished he didn’t coz the road was so dark ahead. Little did he know, he was inching slowly to Kris’s side. If not for the little ego he had, he would have clung to Kris for his dear life. The situation looked like that of a horror/suspense movie. Zitao shivered at the thought. So when the car suddenly stopped and jerked him forward almost hitting his head to the windshield, the little ego he just had seconds ago was thrown at the back seat as Zitao clung to Kris’s arms. His face looked so ashen and pale. He could’ve died of heart attack right then, right there.

 

“Hey? Tao. Are you okay? You don’t look good. Let’s get out.”

 

“N-N-No. Please don’t.” Zitao was already in tears. He was terrified, frightened, horrified, terror-stricken, dreadful, terrible, etc.

 

“H-Hey. Kris turned fully to face him and lifted Zitao’s chin between his fingers to face him. He kissed the panda’s forehead and wiped the tears with his fingers. “I’m sorry to frighten you.”

 

Zitao just continued sobbing, his head now resting on Kris’s shoulder. Kris’s hand moved in circles on his back, soothing him, comforting him. “Shhh.”

 

Kris cupped Zitao’s head and slowly lowered his face to the other. Their lips met. It was not moving. Kris’s lips stayed there. He repeated the chaste kiss again and again until it was Zitao was started to move. It was slow and sensual. No battling of tongues or crashing of teeth. It was full of longing and love(?). They had to break apart for them to breathe. Kris was still cupping Zitao’s head, his thumb running soothing patterns on his check. Their foreheads were joined and eyes were closed, savoring rare moments.

 

A knock on the side window jolted both men. A security personnel-looking guy flashed his light towards them. The glasses were tinted so it wasn’t that blaring. Kris opened the window, shielding his other hand from the intense light.

 

“Sirs, we’re to close the park in thirty minutes.”

 

“Oh. We’ll be going then, thanks.”

 

The guy then left, pointing his flashlight ahead, towards the forested area.

 

“We’re in a park?” Zitao asked, his voice still quivering from the cry.

 

“Yeah. I’m really sorry about earlier, Zitao. I tried getting back at you by scaring you. I just assumed you’d be scared and I did assume right. You were more than scared, as a matter of fact. Sorry.”

 

Zitao just hugged Kris tightly as a response. He was really more than scared.

 

“I’m also sorry. For the tease back at the airport and stepping on your foot earlier. I don’t know what’s in you that gets me riled up and makes me an immature brat which I really am not.” There he said it. It was calming and as if a burden was lifted out of his chest. It was good to say his mind aloud.

 

“Same. I didn’t know when it started but you bring out the worst in me. I’m always in control of myself in any circumstances, but with you, I’m always at my wit’s end. It’s frustrating as , you know.”

 

If this was not some kind of confession, both of them didn’t know what it was then. Of course not a love confession. It was still too early to talk about love when all they do was bicker and mentally murder each other. Or maybe it was indeed a love confession of some sort? Well, who knows?

 

“We gotta go. Or else, your thinking of anything from movies might come true.”

 

“How’d you know I was thinking of movies?”

 

“Assuming.”

 

“Oh. Uhmm. Why did you..uh..k-..uh..k-k-kiss me earlier? OKAY! Don’tbotheransweringthatandforgetIevenasked.”

 

“Just because.”

 

That zipped Zitao’s mouth shut until they arrived at his apartment.

 

“Bye. Thank you for taking me home.” Zitao smiled sheepishly. Should he give a kiss goodbye or not? Did he even have the right to do so? They were not in any sort of relationship beside teacher and student.

 

“Bye.” Kris smiled back and was about to roll up the window close when Zitao called him.

 

“Kris, wait!” Zitao jogged to his way and ducked inside the car window to kiss him on the cheek. “Please don’t breathe a word about me crying on your arms. And thank you again.”

 

When Kris took time to respond, Zitao kissed him full on the lips and ran quickly to his apartment and shut the door close.

 

Kris was rooted on his car seat. What just happened didn’t seem to register in his mind. He needed to absorb it well.

 


 

There was a knock on Zitao’s door about five minutes after he arrived. Without even looking at the peephole as to who his visitor this late, he unlocked the door and opened. To his surprise it was Kris.

 

“Hi. Again.” Kris said as he pushed Tao inside and locked the door himself.

 



 

Author’s Note:

 

Quite long update, huh? Lol This is for updating late and for all the mistakes on the previous chapters and on this one. I really did make this in one sitting coz damn, we’re having trouble with the internet connection. It started Monday last week. I was bored to hell and the summer heat wasn’t helping at all. I ran out of books and fics (yeah, I do save some fics) to read. My gawd, my rant could make a one shot if I persist on writing so, but my neck is hurting for typing too long. Hahaha No, im not writing using my neck, if you ask. Lol You do realize you’re reading a fic written by a mentally unstable gal, right? :P

 

This will be the last, I swear to the Taoris ship XD, I really scared myself when I wrote that part where Zitao was ting scaring the hell out of himself. Hahaha. Ciao!