10

“Hi… Again.” Kris said as he pushed Zitao inside and locked the door himself.

 

“Hi.” Zitao squeaked; his voice filled with disbelief.

 

“….”

 

“….”

 

“Crap. Look, I…I… I don’t know what I’m doing right now standing here in your room in the middle of the night making an idiot of myself but I’m pretty sure the kiss you did a while ago kind of pushed me.” Kris took a deep breath right after the last word left his lips. He was looking directly into Zitao’s eyes, searching.

 

Zitao, on the other hand, let out a small breath he didn’t know he was holding the moment Kris stepped inside his room.

 

“Uhh.. Pushed you to what?” Zitao was not sure himself if he wanted to know the answer to his question, but damn his curiosity. He just wanted an end to this confusion. Whatever answer he might get would be enough to lead him on what to do in the situation he was in with his literature professor.

 

“To do this.” Kris couldn’t take it anymore. His mind was in a jumble but one thing was clear. He kissed Zitao.

 

He kissed him hard. Not seconds after their lips touched, Kris’s tongue outlined Zitao’s lips before prodding them apart. Zitao opened his mouth, welcoming the wet muscle which immediately explored his hot cavern. Their tongues danced in rhythm with each other. The kiss was sloppy and hurried. It was like quenching a longtime thirst, giving answers to questions that plagued both their minds for quite a while.

 

The torrid kiss went on longer until their lungs screamed for air. Both were panting after breaking apart but still glued into each other’s arms.

 

Silence filled the room. The only sounds were the tick of the clock and the slowly leveling breaths of the two. It was a comfortable silence as each tried to organize their thoughts. They had so much to say but only the right words should be uttered that night, the rest could wait. Kris spoke first.

 

“I.. That was…amazing.”

 

Zitao laughed. Much for ‘saying the right words’, huh?

 

Kris joined him and once again it was comfortable. The atmosphere was light and their satisfied smiles made it even lighter and, well, comfortable.

 

“Can I say something crazy? I really like you, Zitao. I have no idea when this attraction started.”

 

“Maybe after the party?”

 

“I don’t know. Maybe? Or maybe even before that. I don’t know.”

 

“Can I say something crazier? I like you too, Mr. Wu.”

 

They stared into each other’s deep orbs, both charmed with all the emotions showed in there. It was nothing too deep yet. They both knew. But there was the possibility of one. It was just the first to a lot of steps. They were in no hurry.

 

“So, this leads us to a what?” Zitao found the courage to ask. He didn’t wish to break the happy air but he needed an answer. The answer could open a lot of doors or close some opened ones. It was critical to him the least. He had no idea what would it be to Kris.

 

“We can’t date.”

 

Zitao’s heart seemed to drop to an endless chasm and it didn’t fail to show on his face. So everything was just a fling then. It was closing of doors. He thought so.

 

Kris saw the immediate change of Zitao’s expression.

 

“But I like to know you more. Will you let me?” He quickly added.

 

“But then what are we going to be exactly?” Zitao was now confused. He wanted more but he knew it couldn’t be. It was prohibited. If he would engage in this, whatever relationship that could be established in this kind of situation, he needed an assurance: Assurance that would let him expects for more.

 

“Look. I don’t know what it is called. We can’t date like the normal would. We are both from the university which makes it harder. But I really want to keep you, Zitao. If we have to only keep a friendship for now, I’d accept that. It will be very hard but if really like this then it will be easy. I’m willing to wait for you ‘til you graduate. Or if this will be harder than I expected, I can quit my job.”

 

“You are that serious to me?” Zitao was beyond shocked at the revelation. Kris was willing to quit his very stable job for him? As very awesome as it sounds, he couldn’t let Kris do that. He’s not that selfish. Kris was even willing to be just friends, no assurance at all. As Zitao could theorize, Kris was taking a step at a time. He wasn’t thinking of like Zitao could date someone else when they would be still in a getting-to-know-you stage.

 

“Of course, I am. We can’t actually date but I will think of it such, even like exclusively date you.” Kris was now laying all his cards. He had to win Zitao even if will cost him as much as losing the best cards in a game. “This is complicated—“

 

“Exactly! Complicated. Like one you use in your Facebook’s relationship status.” Zitao exclaimed. It was indeed complicated but he was willing to put his feelings in line. He would, had to take risks. It’s no fun if he would play safe. Not that he thought of this as just a game. But it was a kind of rule in life.

“Okay!” Zitao said with enthusiasm.

 

“Okay?” Kris wanted to make sure what Zitao was okay about.

 

“Okay. We’ll do this.” Zitao smiled his hundred dollar smile.

 

“Really?”

 

“Yes, Kris. Reaaaally.”

 

“Yosh!” Kris lifted Zitao by the waist and spun him around as if he just got a yes from a marriage proposal. [A/N: pls don’t puke from the clichéd cheesiness (^/\^)]

 


 

They stayed in bed for like an hour or two, just talking of random things about themselves until it was really time for Kris to go. They still had classes to attend tomorrow morning after all.

 

“See you tomorrow, Zitao. Please don’t doze off in class.” Kris teased.

 

“Shut up. It was your fault.”

 

“I’m still not done with you yet. That really made me furious when you walked out on me from that CR.”

 

Zitao harbored a shocked face. He thought Kris would forget about it now that they were an item...or so.

 

“Seriously?!”

 

“Seriously. Now, I have to go.”

 

They didn’t have to kiss each other goodnight. They had done a lot of kissing during the ‘talk of random things’ and there would still be a lot coming.

 



AUTHOR'S NOTE:

uhh, double update? lol felt like doing so. maybe expect a very late update hahah

another thing, maybe there'll be a chapter or two more til marked COMPLETE d'awwwww

send your thoughts or ideas of how you would want it to end, maybe i'll get some from it :)

au revoir!

[bdw, who reads on fanfiction.net? i love to hang there as well, as a reader though. feel free to suggest your fics from there, i'd love to read it. ok byee, too much for a note huehue :3]