1

 

Being a foreign university student is not as easy and fun as you might think; you have to learn almost everything about the new country. The language barier is the most tricky thing about it. One should learn more than the basics to survive, especially if you live alone and knew only a few locals to help you around.

 

This was what Huang Zitao was constantly complaining about everytime he had a video chat with his parents back from his homeland, China. He had to take extra language courses from the same university he was currently enrolled. Thank heavens he's a good learner and had ended it pretty fast and well among the others who enrolled the same time as him.

 

It didn't help either that Tao is an unsocial person, by that it means a VERY unsocial person. He basically lived his teenage life on the internet, countless accounts from different SNS, may it be twitter, facebook, weibo, tumblr, etc. This was also where he met the people he considered as friends now in Seoul, South Korea. It was a pure coincident that they were studying in the same university, save for one who was already working in a family company.

 

Zitao or Tao or Taozi, as he was called by most of his friends, was taking up Civil Engineering at Seoul National University. He might look like a simpleton but behind the looks lies a brain of wonder, well not really a wonder but enough to take the degree at a younger age. He's still 19 but he managed to be already on his fourth year. Yes, he's that kind of good.

 

This academic year's semester was a bit easy to take for Zitao except for one damn subject he kind of hated. A literature class, English and American literature to be exact. Korean was hard enough to learn, and now this crap. What does the subject have to do with being an engineer? As if you have to recite Shakespeare's sonnets to pass a licensure exam. Zitao thought that way. But since it was a requirement for next year, he HAD to pass it wether he hates it or he hates it. Yeah, he really hated it.

 

The professor, Wu Yifan a.k.a Kris, was not the best person you would want to know. Kris had these i-am-cool and blahblahblah-is-not-my-style vibes around him. He pretty good at giving off this aura around the campus. He was Chinese just like Tao, graduated from Canada and now teaching in South Korea. Zitao felt like the professor was just in the university to piss the hell out of the students. But Zitao had to admit, because it was an undeniable fact, that Kris was a not a bad literature professor. Kris might be a little unlikable but once he starts his job, he was good, actually the best. No wonder he was the head of the literature department at the university even at a very young age. Kris is still 23 by the way.

 

~~~~

 

"That's due next week. Seven days to finish it."

 

Kris ended his last class for the night like that. He could hear murmurs of protest from the students as they walk past his table at the very front of the theatre-like room.

 

"Nice task, Yifan. Wait til I submit my work."

 

"Get your out here, Oh Sehun, before I do it myself." Kris retorted. He could see Jongin snickering beside Sehun and was later smacked at the head with a rolled paper by an owl-eyed boy.

 

"Thank you for doing that, Mr. Do." Kyungsoo simply nodded at Kris' direction.

 

Finally, it was peaceful. It was hard keeping a bunch of grown-ups interested at the subject that most see as absurd in line of their chosen courses. He had to make every lesson alive and interesting. He was grateful he didn't have to deal with stupid and slow students or else it will be another extra work for 'Mr. Wu'.

 

Kris started turning the projector off and checking the room for any remaining students. Before he could leave, he heard some grunt. He turned back, checking for further signs of someone's presence in the room. Kris was not thinking of any thing supernatural but he was thrilled to know if the rumors of ghost sightings around the university was true or just made up stories of imaginative students dorming nearby.

 

Kris checked every row of seats, head turning left and right as he approached the highest row. Just as he was about to descend, a male figure lazily stood, head down and bangs covering the face, on the farthest corner of the seats at the right side. He could only watch in pure horror, his eyes widening the size of Kyungsoo's. Guessed the rumors were indeed true. But also guessed he spoke too soon.

 

~~~

 

Zitao gently moved from the place he was camped in. He wont take an embarrassment just because he was caught sleeping on class. He found the best position and soon darted off to dreamland.

 

~~~

 

Zitao later found his neck and arm hurting. He lazily stood, forgetting where he was. As he looked at the fornt, he then remembered that he was in the room and sighed in relief; it seemed everyone had left. He slightly smiled and took his bag which he earlier used as a pillow. He smoothened his shirt and hair and was about to walk out of the seats when he saw his professor staring wide-eyed at him. He screamed. Zitao screamed at the top of his lungs from pure shock and horror. He's doomed. He screamed even more, if that was even possible.

 

~~~

 

Kris was stuck at his current position, his feet seemed to be rooted to the ground. Huang Zitao, his Chinese student, was screaming like mad at his direction.

 

There were students who rushed into the room to see what was happening. It was only then that they were brought out of their tance.

 

"I-I'm sorry. Y-You scared me, M-Mr. Wu."

 

The students who crowded earlier started dispersing when they saw what the commotion was simply all about.

 

"Oh-kay.. You were sleeping at my class, I see." Kris raised an eyebrow, amusement showing in his eyes, while grinning, as if he was not terrified just moments ago.

 

Zitao straightened his posture as soon as he heard his professor. He might not be caught during class but he was still caught. His ears reddened as he looked down in embarrassment, hands immediatey rubbing the back of his neck.

 

"Come with me to the faculty room."

 

Now he was really doomed. For sure, a punishment awaits him. What would his punishment be? Only Wu Yifan knows. Zitao could only follow the lead of the blond man.

 

Zitao was so caught up in his thought; he failed to notice they had arrived.

 

"Oh, Kris. You brought the screaming maniac, huh?" Ms. Liu, some would call her Mr. Liu, asked, humor leaked from her voice. The other professor and some students in the room laughed.

 

Zitao stood behind Kris, head still down. He stood closer, just wanting for the ground to open and swallow him whole.

 

"News spread like fire, eh."

 

"Mr. Wu, can you just get on with my punishment?" Zitao asked softly, almost whispering, while playing with the hem of his shirt.

 

Kris snickered. "You want a punishment?"

 

"Uh. Of course not. I-I just thought... you would.."

 

"I should but since this is a first, I'll let it slip." Kris was rumaging something from his messenger bag while speaking. He gave Zitao a flash drive.

 

"Uh. That was what I discussed earlier... while YOU WERE SLEEPING." Kris gave Zitao a cocky grin.

 

"Yeah.. Yeah.. Thanks.." Zitao rolled his eyes while putting the USB stick in his pocket.

 

"Prepare for a quiz next meeting. And by the way, I gave you guys something to work on. Well, for you, something else." Kris looked up from his seat. "For.. You know.. sleeping." He loved teasing his students because the worst they could do was to only curse and kill him mentally.

 

"Oh, special.. A privellage it is, Sire." Zitao mocked as he peeked at the paper Kris was writing at. Kris' penmanship looked like that of a physician. Zitao wondered how awful he could draw and thought how grateful the art industry must be for not having Kris as part of it. He mantally snickered at the idea.

 

"Here." Kris handed him his special task. It was legible enough for him to understand. He thanked Kris once again and left without even reading the contents of the paper handed to him.

 

~~~~

 

Zitao was in a cafe with some friends. Junmyeon who stood as his umma in Korea, Sehun who was a blogger he met at tumblr years ago, and Luhan who was once his classmate in a Korean language class.

 

Zitao was his hands on the table, complaining about the task he was given by the blond professor.

 

"Can you do this for me, Sehun-ah? I'll pay you. Damn! I sound so desperate!" Zitao slightly crashed his head on his bent arms on the table.

 

Just in time, Minseok brought them their orders. He was the barista in the cafe and also a close friend of Luhan. Other's would think that they were more than best friends if not for Luhan and Sehun's constant intimate touches.

 

"If I'm paid well, sure. What is it about anyway?" Sehun asked as he sipped at the iced coffee. His face scorned as soon as the cold liquid reached his tastebuds. He immediately put the cup down. He rested his chin on his intertwined fingers at the same time he put his elbows on the table.

 

It didn't go unnoticed from Luhan's eyes the way Sehun made a face when he sipped from the drink. Luhan picked the cup and brought the straw between his lips. [yaaaay hunhan indirect kiss!] He tasted the iced coffee and concluded that it was really good so as to why Sehun scorned was a mystery.

 

"Listen here. That damn professor, after indirectly humiliating me at the faculty room, gave me an oh-so-special assignment. It says here, " Zitao spoke as he skimmed the paper Kris gave him a day ago. " 'Decide of a video clip (10-30 minutes long) to watch and put everything you saw into words. Be creative with your work. Due next week.' Like damn I would!"

 

"Tao-ah.. You should work on that. It was your fault for sleeping." Junmyeon calmly reminded Zitao as he wrapped an arm around the shoulders of the younger man.

 

"You had the guts to sle--" Minseok remarked but was cut short by the chimes at the glass door, signaling the arrival of possible costumers. Minseok left and approached his place on the counter.

 

"Aaaaahh! But I don't want to!" Zitao whined as he snuggled closer to Junmyeon. "He's really a pain in the ." He spoke; voice was muffled.

 

As soon as Zitao turned his head away from Junmyeon's shoulder, he saw Luhan and Sehun whispering at each other's ear. He could see how the other would slightly shiver when the other's lips grazed a little at the earlobe. They looked like a couple or sort.

 

Ching!

 

Then something lighted up in Zitao's mind. Every gear and pump started to slowly move, gradually increasing in speed as idea over idea gushed into his once rusty and cobweb-filled mind.

 

He now knew what to do! It was the best idea he so far had from the nineteen years of existense. He mentally laughed maniacally. This would surely, at least, get back at the shame he had to endure not long ago.

 

Anyone within five meter radius around Zitao slightly shivered at the sudden coldness in the still air.

 

^^^^^

 

A/N:

 

Annyeong!

uh, sorry for the wait?

well, anyway.. here's the first chapter. this may be a bit crappy since it was all like an introduction.. or sort.

enjoy and tune in for the next chapter!!

 

I do love to hear your thoughts. Feel free to comment, subscribe and upvote? hehehe.

 

-xoxo ;*