3

 

A Chinese raised in Canada and now works in South Korea. Kris didn't know why he was currently in Seoul. As soon as he left college with a master's degree in World Literature, a lot of working opportunities were offered from different universities from different countries. From the many options at hand, he chose no other than Seoul National University. Maybe the country captivated him? Or maybe the letter from the said university was very convincing he ended up at Seoul?

 

The principal, Lee Sooman, helped him with everything he needed to settle in country, from the apartment complex to Korean language classes. He even let Kris stay with him for the time being when they were still looking for available apartments near the campus. Gradually, Kris learned the necessary things to live and teach in Korea.

 

~~~

 

"Damn. Who would think it will rain when it was so bright just minutes ago?" Kris mumbled to himself as he cowered further in the bus stop away from the rain.

 

The weather looked fine until the sky darkened courtesy to those big fluffy dark gray clouds. Then moments later, it rained cats and dogs. A lot of people were stranded in bus stops and roof overhangs, keeping themselves from the sudden pour. There were some who fortunately brought their umbrellas with them and some were simply enjoying the rain.

 

"Mr. Wu?"

 

Kris turned to see who the owner of the voice was. It was Kyungsoo along with his gang, Jongin, Sehun, Zitao, and someone who he didn't recognize. "Oh. Mr. Do."

 

"You will ride the bus, Mr. Wu?"

 

"No. Just stuck here."

 

"You want us to walk you home, Mr. Wu? Well... You can share an umbrella with Tao here. The rest of us are already sharing." It was Sehun who spoke. Zitao secretly stepped on Sehun's foot. Sehun glared at Zitao but immediately smiled back to Kris.

 

Kris turned to Zitao. "Will that be all right with you, Mr. Huang?"

 

The good student that Zitao was just nodded. "Lead the way, Mr. Wu."

 

~~~

 

"Come in." Kris invited his students in. "I'll be back. Will tea be good? Or hot chocolate? Or coffee?" He asked to no one in particular.

 

"I'll go with hot choco!" Sehun spoke first.

 

"Same here." "And here." "Count me in."

 

"Can i have... coffee? If you don't mind." It was Luhan who spoke cutely, a bit of flushed.

 

"Sure." Kris smiled. Well, who could say no to an angel. Why the said angel with doe eyes was clinging to Oh Sehun, it was a big question to him.

 

Kris then left for the kitchen and busied himself with the drinks for his unexpected guests.

 

Meanwhile in the living room...

 

"WTF! This is one hell of a classy apartment. The place is so clean I almost forgot what pollution is! I wanna live here." Jongin dramatically expressed his opinion as he bounced himself on the sofa.

 

"No , Sherlock! I'll be gay and marry him." Sehun retorted, missing the pout Luhan made.

 

Zitao was scanning the place. It was really clean and indeed looked expensive, he could say from the chandeliers hovering above them and to the carpet they were stepping on. The furniture perfectly complimented the place. It was modern but still with a touch of antique here and there.

 

Back to the kitchen, while Kris was waiting for the water to boil, he left for the bathroom. He remembered they were a bit wet from cramming under one umbrella.

 

He got to them just in time he heard Sehun's comment. "I'm straight." He said.

 

Everyone turned his way except Luhan who looked like sulking at the far end of the white leather sofa. He handed them white small towels. "At least dry yourselves first. I'm still waiting for the water to boil."

 

"Even the towels smell great and soft. It's similar to those in hotels." Kyungsoo calmly commented. "What fabric conditioner do you use, Mr. Wu?"

 

"Eh? Uh.. I don't know. The keeper does the things around here."

 

"OH MY GOD! He has a keeper!" "Marry me Mr. Wu!" Sehun and Jongin said at the same time. They glared at each other before laughing their asses off.

 

Kris shrugged and left for his room. Once he took off his wet light blue long sleeved top, the kettle whistled. "Uh. Can someone get that for me. I'm just going to change." He peeked his head out from the bedroom door.

 

"Okay." It was Zitao.

 

"Thanks."

 

Zitao stood and made way to the kitchen. He turned the stove off. Even the kitchen was sophisticated even with the small area; it looked like those as seen in cooking shows. He failed to notice that Kris came back.

 

"You can go back there now."

 

Zitao jerked at the sudden sound. He turned around and almost dropped his jaw to the ground.

 

Zitao's eyes traveled from top to bottom. Kris was wearing a black tank top that perfectly hugged his torso as his broad shoulders were accentuated even more. His arms are toned with muscles. Further down, the gray sweatpants hung at his hips. He could only wonder how muscular Kris' legs could be behind the thin fabric. And Ohgod there's a tattoo on his left arm!

 

"Y-you h-have... tattoo."

 

"Uh.. Yes." Kris rubbed the skin where the tattoo was inked.

 

"That's so..." Zitao spoke, eyes not living the inked arm.

 

"So...?"

 

HOOOOOT! Zitao mentally fanboyed but was cut short with his own idea. What the hell was he doing, fanboying over his professor?! So he exclaimed, "GREAT!"

 

"Great? Well.. Uh.. Okay.. Yeah.. Great.." That was awkward. Kris had never been awkward with any of his students before.

 

Zitao abruptly left while mumbling something Kris couldn't make out. He saw the still smoking kettle and went on to prepare the hot drinks.

 

Zitao was the weirdest student he had so far, Kris thought so. He almost made him piss on his pants back at the room days ago and he also made him feel awkward and weird. It was like so long ago the last time he felt so. He saw Zitao as kinda cute. Not the cute kind like the doe-eyed guy on his living room but still cute, just the different kind of cute. He couldn't really point out what kind of cute Tao is. Maybe cuddly cute? Oh.. How would it feel cuddling Ta--

 

WHAT THE ACTUAL AM I THINKING? Kris mentally screamed at his inner thoughts. It was the weirdest of the weirdest thoughts he ever had. It's even weirder than having obscene thoughts of someone when watching Pokemon. Yeah, IT WAS THAT WEIRD. Not to mention, it was also wrong. Kris sighed at his mental monologue. Just in time, he finished preparing and brought everything to where his guests are.

 

"Oh cupcakes!" Both Zitao and Luhan chimed, releasing the inner sweet-toothed child in them.

 

"This tastes the same as those served in the cafe near the campus." Luhan stated while Sehun was drowning himself with the hot chocolate and choking with the sweet pastry.

 

"Yeah. A friend brought that yesterday." Kris said as he took a sip on his coffee. He was observing everyone behind his cup. Jongin and Sehun had no shame whatsoever as they were eating the contents of the whole box nonstop. The doe eyed boy...

 

"Save that one for Luhan-hyung!" Zitao swatted Sehun's hand before the guy could take the remaining piece.

 

Oh Luhan it is... Kris continued with his observation. Luhan was enjoying the cupcake and no, he's definitely not his student. Kyungsoo, beside Jongin, was eating silently and slowly, as if savoring the taste. Well.. Zitao.. Okay skip the panda. He didn't what to be reminded of his thought earlier.

 

♪♬na eureurong eureurong eureurong dae

na eureurong eureurong dae

na eureu--♪♬

 

Kris' phone rung, a call was registered on screen with a woman's picture on it.

 

"Excuse me."

 

Kris left not far away. They could still hear a bit of his words. He was talking in Chinese. And Zitao could only make out some phrases. Yes, he was evesdropping. His heart dropped after hearing the last words from Kris before hanging up.

 

"Mr. Wu! Thanks for the food and drinks! I'm coming back here again." Sehun said as he jumped and hung an arm around the older male, as if they were friends.

 

"Hands off, Oh. I'm still straight." Kris grinned at his student's cockiness. This was the perk of being a young and unconventional professor. Kris didn't stick to the costum of students either cowering in fear or murdering him mentally every time they are around professors. He rather like they talk casually with him but still having in mind their status in terms of their student-teacher relationship.

 

Off his students went. One by one out of his flat. One, two, three, four, four, four... "Where's Tao?"

 

"I-I'm here. Wait."

 

"Tao! What are you still doing in there?" Kyungsoo called from outside.

 

Kris returned back in and was welcomed with a clear view of Zitao's as the younger man was bent over, cleaning the table they just used. He can't help but stare at the seemingly firm and round ; it looked like that of a girl only that Zitao is clearly a man.

 

"Uh.. It would be a bit rude to leave just like that... I think." Zitao said as he straightened up, cutting Kris of his thoughts about butts, particularly Zitao's .

 

Kris smiled and ruffled Zitao's hair. "Good, kid. Don't keep them waiting. You're a noisy bunch."

 

"It's only Kai and Sehun. Their voices swallow ours."

 

"Whatever you say."

 

~~~

 

On their way out, still not far from Kris' front door, a lady passed by and took the direction opposite theirs. It looked like she was going to pay Kris a visit.

 

A sullen look was harbored on Zitao's face.

 

~~~

 

"Yifan.."

 

"Mama." Kris hugged his mother tightly. It been months since the last time them see each other. Good thing her mother came to visit. Kris broke away to kiss her mother's forehead endearingly and invited her in.

 

~~~

 

Zitao turned his head slightly back to check on the lady that just passed by them. Just in time, he saw Kris kiss her head and invited her in. Kris was putting up a sincere smile and there was also longing in his eyes.

 

Zitao didn't know why he was feeling gloomy all of a sudden. No. It was not sudden. He also felt the same earlier during the call.

 

Maybe it was she who Kris talked to. And here I am hallucinating that he was checking out by earlier. Zitao grumpily sighed.

 


 

A/N:

 

IM SO SORRY FOR ANOTHER CRAPPY CHAPTER! OTL