7

"Wait wait wait wait!"

 

"Eh?"

 

"Wasn't it this way? That looks kinda familiar." A small pastry stall was pointed.

 

"Of course that's familiar! That's the same one near our block, you idiot. Now, get going."

 

"Okay.. Sorry.."

 

Not so loud muffled laughter was heard nearby.

 

"Is he PMS-ing?"

 

Laugh.

 

"Or is he pregnant?"

 

Halt.

 

"What?"

 

"How is that even possible?"

 

"Heeey! I can see the apartment complex."

 

Luhan shouted meters away from where they were currently standing.

 

"Go, Sehun! We don't want to have our Hunhan Junior out so soon!"

 

" you."

 

Sehun grumpily walked towards Luhan who seemed excited and nervous at the same time.

 

~~

 

The ring of the alarm clock at the bedside table shook the hell out of Kris' sleep.

 

Damn it! It's weekend.

 

The alarm was shut off and Kris went deeper in the blanket, snuggling closer to the heat. It's weekend so he had no reason to wake up that ing early. The hard thumping on his temples wasn't helping either. He had to sleep hours more. Kris closed his eyes and drifted away back to oblivion, not noticing the slight grunt coming from his side.

 

~~

 

"Should we..press the doorbell?"

 

"Of course!"

 

"I mean, it's still quite early. We're probably the only people up this early on a weekend."

 

"Then what? We'll wait till noon?! Then we wait till noon to find Zitao? Are you kidding me? Zitao could be in danger, which I pray he isn't. So press that ing doorbell Oh Sehun."

 

Jongin and Kyungsoo were trying so hard not to burst out laughing at the pitiful situation Sehun was in.

 

Luhan was taking all his frustration out to Sehun who was not even at fault.

 

"Press it."

 

"Why me?!"

 

"Just because!"

 

"Uh..Guys..The doorbell won't be of use with your shouts. Seriously, keep it down."

 

Kyungsoo said as he could see some passersby eyeing them from the noise they were creating on an early weekend morning. He bowed at them in apology.

 

"Okay. Okay. I'll press it."

 

*dingdong dingdong*

 

~~

 

*dingdong dingdong*

 

Zitao stirred from his sleep. He could hear the doorbell ringing nonstop. He moved to sit up but immediately laid back down. He felt nauseous all of a sudden and his backside hurt like hell. He felt sticky down there.

 

The doorbell was still ringing in the background.

 

Zitao took a peek from under the blanket and to his surprise he was stark . And that's only when he noticed that he's not in his room, he didn't have a freaking doorbell, his bed was not this big, and he should be alone.

 

The body beside Zitao cursed as it stirred and moved out of the confines of the blanket. It stretched its arms and neck and let out a long yawn. It massaged its temples as it stood with all its glory. Then, it turned around, facing Zitao.

 

Zitao wanted to scream so bad but his throat was dry and his voice refused to cooperate. He stared wide-eyes at Kris' who was also as shocked as he was. They stared for a few moments until they heard the doorbell ringing again.

 

Both snapped out of their trance. Kris, now aware of his lack of clothes, immediately grabbed the blanket which Zitao was tightly gripping into. When Kris tried to yank the blanket, Zitao yank it back.

 

"I got it first!"

 

"No! I have to get that door!"

 

"And you'll show up with a blanket around?! Are you stupid?!"

 

"Point taken."

 

Zitao huffed and mumbled something like ''. Kris was still looking for something to cover himself with. Zitao couldn't help, yeah really couldn't help, but to roam his eyes on the body before him.

 

Broad shoulders, toned arms (probably working out), chiseled torso (really working out), hard wood.. Wait! What?!

 

Zitao turned beet red. Damn it. He looked away and saw a pillow on the floor. He picked it up and threw on Kris' way.

 

"Oh Thanks."

 

Kris had the pillow covered his lower front and hastily jogged to his bathroom.

 

Zitao thrashed on the bed as soon as Kris was out of sight. But immediately stopped. Damn it! What the hell happened?! His head hurt, his backside hurt, and they were both ..on the same bed.

 

Oh good gracious no. The possibility donned on Zitao like a slap on the face. They really did?

 

~~

 

*dingdong dingdong*

 

"Is there even a soul in there?"

 

"Shh. Just wait."

 

Kyungsoo and Jongin were in their own world. They were watching something on Jongin's smartphone, sharing on the earbuds.

 

"Wait. I could here ruffling in there."

 

Luhan put one ear on the door. He grabbed Sehun and mouthed to join him. Sehun complied. Just as he was about to do as he was told, the door opened, making Luhan stumble in the process.

 

"What are you two doing?"

 

~~

 

Kris walked out of the bathroom in a robe. His cabinet was on the other side of his room.

 

"Uhh.. You can use the bathroom now. I mean..uh..if you want to..uh..ha ha ha.. Of course you need to..uh..uh.. I mean yeah, if..uh..you want to.................. Sorry. Just do what you want."

 

Kris didn't know what to say. It was worse than awkward. They were looking around but themselves.

 

"Shouldn't you..uh..open the door?.."

 

"Door? Why would I.. Ohhh. The front door. Yeah.." Kris was about to walk out but then remembered Zitao who was struggling on how to stand up without hurting more of his aching back.

 

"I can help." Kris offered as he walked back towards the bed.

 

"Huh? Uh. No no no. I can manage."

 

"You sure?"

 

"Ye--" Zitao yelped when his landed back on the bed. Why did it had to be so painful?

 

"You sure, huh? Stubborn."

 

Kris picked up Zitao bridal style. Zitao wanted to oppose but damn painful , he had to allow to be carried like that. He was red and so was Kris. It's the first time that morning they touched skin.

 

Kris put Zitao down on the tub.

 

"Uhh.. Just call me when you're done."

 

"Uh. Yeah. Thanks."

 

Kris went out and changed. He picked up the clothes on the floor. He put his on the basket and folded Tao's. He almost forgot to get clothes for Tao. He rummaged for clothes a bit smaller than his actual size. Good he still had some. And the boxers.. It would probably do. He went out to get a glass of water. His stock medicines were inside the bathroom. He'll just wait for Tao to finish then he'll give him some pain killers.

 

The door bell rang again. This time, Kris could open the door to whoever it was. He was a bit sorry for letting his guest/s wait for quite a while.

 

He opened the door and two figure came tumbling in.

 

"What are you two doing?"

 

"Mr. Wu! Finally!"

 

Then Kris realized who the two faces belonged to and the other two at the back.

 

"Uh. Hi. What's up?"

 

Oh god NOOOO.

 

From the bathroom, Tao was calling for Kris. Kris stiffened and so were the four boys who were looking for the source of the voice since four AM.

 

Luhan pushed Kris and hastily invited himself in. He looked for the place were Zitao could be. He found the bedroom then the bathroom. The rest were towing behind him. Without even thinking, he opened the bathroom door.

 

~~

 

Zitao was enjoying the warm bath. The warm water was easing a bit of the pain from the backside. Besides that, he enjoys, love, warm bubble bath. It's good to the feeling. It could relax his tired and sore muscles.

 

Zitao was thinking. He's thankful that Kris wasn't talking about what they did last night. He was not yet ready to talk about it himself. Like, seriously, what would he say? Even being drunk, Zitao's mind didn't even erase the vivid memory of what he and Mr. Wu did. It was freaking awkward and not to mention, wrong. He's a teacher and Zitao was a student. Not that they have a relationship because of that. It was even funny if you think this was just a crappy cliched drama plot. But unfortunately, this was reality. God. What will he do afterwards? He could drop from Mr. Wu's subject. Like he could that. It was already more than half of the semester; it'll be a lot of trouble doing so. He could avoid him. But he couldn't avoid him forever. And escaping from this wouldn't do anything to ease him. Okay, come what may.

 

The water was getting cold. He started getting up but to no avail. It still hurt like hell. Well, Kris was huge. Tao blushed at the memory.

 

He called for Kris. No answer. He called again. Still no answer. He called one more time. There was a ruffling outside the door. That was probably Kris. This was embarrassing. But he needed help.

 

The door opened rather harshly. Zitao strained to look behind as his back was facing the door. He didn't expect the face who he was met.

 

"Luhan-hyung..." Zitao faltered before screaming. Loud. Real loud.

 

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Get out! Get out! Get out! Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"

 

Luhan, from the shock, closed the door immediately. His back was leaning on the door as he kept his eyes wide as if he saw a body rise from the dead, when in fact it was just Tao on the tub, most probably .

 

"It was...Tao." Luhan said a bit breathless from the excitement moments ago.

 

"Good! Now I can go back to sleep. He's safe. He's good." Jongin said as he stretched his arms up and yawned. Kyungsoo hit him for being insensitive to Luhan.

 

Kris looked defeated as he stood behind them. Please just let them go without further questions.

 

"Tao? Taozi? We'll be waiting for you outside, okay? We'll go together." Luhan said against the closed door then left to the living room with the three other in tow.

 

"I'll go out after a while. Uh.. Serve yourselves please. Or you can order pizza, whateve, you want in my name."

 

"Yaaay! What's better than a free breakfast on a Saturday morning?" Jongin said as he approached the phone and dialed the pizza parlor's number.

 

Meanwhile, Kris knocked on the bathroom door. "Tao? Zitao?"

 

Tao opened the door and grabbed Kris in before gently closing it shut.

 

"D-Did they ask you something?" Tao asked, his voice quivering.

 

"No. Not yet. They probably will later."

 

"I'll stay here then."

 

"What? I mean, you can't stay here forever. The guy earlier who opened the door looked really worried."

 

"B-But what will I tell them?" Tao bit his lower lip as he slowly sat on the toilet cover. The pain was searing but he had to calm down or else he'll fall. His legs were getting wobbly from nervousness.

 

"Up to you. They don't have to know, if you want. Wait.." Kris walked but was stopped by Zitao who had his grip tight on Kris' wrist.

 

"Don't leave me.. Please.." Tao begged. His face looked like that of a kicked puppy. He already had tears forming on the corner of his eyes. Kris couldn't help but feel warm on the inside. Kris smiled.

 

"I'll be back right away. I'll just get the clothes outside." Kris took a step closer to Tao and kissed the top of his head.

 

"There~ there~ there~ shhh. It'll be alright." Kris added as he dried the falling tears away with his thumb. He kissed his temples and stood.

 

"I'll also get you some painkillers to ease a bit of the pain on you back."

 

Kris went back in bringing the things he prepared earlier before the unexpected visitors came. Tao was still sitting on the toilet, his one leg trembling up and down.

 

"Here. I hope this'll fit you. And here are painkillers." Kris handed them to Tao.

 

"Do you want to go out?" Kris asked after Zitao gulped down two capsules of the painkillers.

 

Tao shook his head.

 

"They're waiting. And you haven't eaten yet. I told them to order food." Kris was talking gently.

 

"What should we tell them?"

 

"I don't know..."

 

"I d-don't wanna tell them. They'll tease me." Zitao blushed not knowing why.

 

Kris also blushed when Zitao did. It reminded him of last night. Tao was flushed and -- ehp ehp ehp! Stop right there Yi Fan! Kris blushed and looked anywhere but Tao.

 

The silence between them was awkward. Both were well aware of the other's blushing face. Both were aware of the thought that made them blush. The tension in the air was getting stronger. Both didn't know what to do next. What to say next. Kris chose to break the tension.

 

"Uhh. What..now?"

 

"What now? Ooohh. What now?? Uh.. I'll face them then we'll go together."

 

"Go where?"

 

"Back to my apartment?"

 

"I thought you'll stay."

 

"You want me to stay?"

 

"Huh? Uh.. Uh.. Uh.." Kris was struggling. He was torn between saying what he wants and what is right. He should let Tao go with his friends; it's what's right. But he wanted Tao to stay. They still had to talk.

 

"Uhh. Yes?"

 

"Yes? Why?"

 

"I..I.. We still have to talk?"

 

"Oh. Okay."

 

Honestly, Tao didn't want to go yet. He also wanted to stay. But his friends were here. He had to find a way to make them go without them getting suspicious. He didn't want to be rude. They were worried for him after all.

 

"What will I tell them? I don't want them to get suspicious."

 

"Uhm. We can pretend that I'll drive you all home and drop them first. But that'll be a lot of hassle."

 

"It'll be okay. Or I'll just tell them that I have to talk to you about a project or something."

 

"They'll believe like that?"

 

Tao eyed him.

 

"I-I'm sorry. It's not .. Uh.. Okay tell them that."

 

"Okay. Uhm.. Can you go out now? I-I have to change."

 

"As if I haven't seen that." Kris said playfully to ease the tension and awkwardness of the situation they're in.

 

"Kris!!" Tao threw Kris a roll of tissue.

 

"Kidding! I'll go. I'll go." Kris laughed whole-heartedly.

 

Tao couldn't help that smile plastered on his face. "." He mumbled.

 

"Heard that." Kris said against the door frame as he was about to close the door.

 

"Go!" Tao half-shouted.

 

~~

 

*dingdong*

 

"That's probably the pizza!" "Pizza!"

 

Jongin and Sehun said at the same time.

 

"Oh. Call Mr. Wu. He said he'll be paying."

 

"Got this."

 

Kris appeared to the leaving room, handing the money to the delivery man.

 

"Keep the change."

 

Sehun grabbed the four boxes of large pizza with four different flavors.

 

"Mr. Wu, where's Tao?" Kyungsoo asked.

 

"In the bathroom, changing."

 

"How did you know?" Kyungsoo asked a follow up as Jongin offered his slice on his face.

 

"I handed him clothes."

 

"Where are his clothes?"

 

"They were dirty with vomit."

 

Smooth.

 

"Stop questioning him, hyung."

 

Tao finally showed up. He was limping then hissed when he very slowly sat down beside Luhan.

 

"What's wrong?" Luhan asked, concern leaking on his voice.

 

"I-I dropped myself, first."

 

"Oh. Here. Eat." Luhan handed him a slice.

 

"We'll go after eating. Seriously, sorry for leaving you behind." Luhan apologized, sincerely sorry.

 

"Where did all of you went anyway? I was looking for the four of you back there." Kris said.

 

"Uhhh.. I we-"

 

"I went-"

 

"Comfo-"

 

"We had-"

 

All of them spoke at the same time but had to stop midway when Kris boomed 'shut up'.

 

"You probably had mind blowing ."

 

All five choked on the pizza they were eating, three blushed, and two had a smug look on their faces.

 

"So, I am right, huh?"

 

"Where did that even came from?!" Kyungsoo looked scandalized.

 

"I know these looks." Kris pointed at Sehun and Jongin's face.

 

"And the last time I had a glimpse of you four, you were eating each other's faces." Kris added as he picked another slice.

 

Luhan and Kyungsoo couldn't go any redder than they already were. Tao couldn't also help but blush at the mention of . The pain on his back was more than enough evidence. Purple and red marks all over his body could be counted in as further proof.

 

"Anyway.." Kris cut the subject off before they could go any further.

 

"Wait!" Jongin cut him off.

 

"Wait wait wait wait wait! Tao, would you come here for a sec, please?"

 

"No. You saying 'please' doesn't sound well to me. I know you're planning something."

 

"Okay."

 

With that said, Jongin stood and made his way to Tao. He pulled Tao up and lifted the front of the loose shirt. Everything happened too sudden. Zitao simply stared in disbelief at his exposed torso. On his abdomen were bite marks in different shades of red and purple.

 

All gasped. Silence came afterwards as they tried to process the implications of the love marks. Their eyes traveled back and forth from Tao, to his abdomen and to Kris.

 

"Uhmm.. Am I right with what I'm thinking??" Luhan broke the silence.

 

"Probably?" Kyungsoo sounded unsure himself.

 

"No ing way!" Jongin exclaimed, lifting the shirt up, exposing more of the abused skin.

 

"Holy mother of hickeys, Huang Zi Tao! Mr. Wu did this to you?" Sehun in and stared shockingly at Kris.

 

It was only then that Zitao snapped out of his surprise that he blushed the deepest shade of red he could and swatted Jongin's hand as he yanked his shirt down.

 

"Uhh.. N-No...? I-I mean.." Tao stuttered before he brought his hands to cover his face and slumped back on the couch. He muffled a cry when his hit the cushion. His head was down and back was bent. His shoulder started shaking before he broke into a fit of sobs. He can't help the mixed emotions he's feeling at the moment.

 

Kris, on the other hand, was more on the state of panic than anything else. A lot were going through his mind. He didn't have any idea how to handle such matter. He had never experienced it before. This could be a one time thing to both him and Zitao but they can't act as if nothing happened now that there were those who found out. The fact that Zitao and his friends were his students, except for one, didn't make it any better. The plans they made at the bathroom needed revision.

 

Zitao stood and rushed to the bedroom. He didn't expect to be found like this. It was...uncalled. He should've had reacted immediately before they saw more. He should've had said a worthy excuse. But it was already too late. Now, how will he act around them? He had no idea. Or will they still befriend him? That's a big question. One thing was for sure, he didn't have a face to show to them. He was so embarrassed and sad and angry. He was feeling too much right now, it was making him breathless.

 

Meanwhile at the living room, the five men were silent. No one spoke. The tension was building up quite fast. The four couldn't make out what their professor was thinking. Kris' face was contoured with different emotions. One stood out. Confusion.

 

Since Jongin felt that he was the reason for the happening, he had to do something to make up for it. He thought of starting it now 'cause it would be really hard to do so if he would set it aside until later. So, he cleared his throat.

 

"Uh. I think we should..go? And leave you two to talk? Uhh.. Right?" Jongin was uneasy on his seat.

 

Kyungsoo stood and sat beside him. He rubbed Jongin's thigh to relax him a bit.

 

"Yes. I think we should. You have to talk Mr. Wu."

 

"Yeah. Yeah. Yeah." Sehun added, wanting to escape the room as soon as possible.

 

All four bade goodbye to Kris telling him to tell Tao they left first.

 

Moments after, Tao emerged out of the room in his clothes.

 

"Uh. Where are they?"

 

"We still have to talk. They said it as well."

 

Zitao sighed and gently sat at the couch farthest away from the tall blond.

 

"So...?" Kris started.

 

"So...?"

 

"I think..that..we should keep it to ourselves..well, that also includes your friends.."

 

It took Zitao a moment before he could clear his throat and respond. "...Y-Yeah." It was as if the simple 'yeah' was struck in his throat.

 

"I'm sorry but it was just a one-time thing, right?..I-I-I mean...I'm not gay. I-I'm not telling you are...but we're drunk..and..out of our logical minds.." Kris was looking anywhere but Tao. He might change his mind if ever he does. When the younger one was around, Kris becomes a mess. It was rather good to keep a good distance away from him before Kris do something unplanned. He was already more than confused. What happened last night was beyond the border line of his imagination. (Well, it was actually in his dreams. Dreams. But he didn't expect to realize the ing dream too damn soon, or simply the fact the it was realize was enough of a bomb.)

 

Tao didn't know why he could feel a pang. He knew what Kris was talking about. He knew that it would be right for them to just move on and forget. If not forget, then just to act as if nothing ever happened or the last 12 hours didn't exist. But it would be hard since there were those who found out. The fact that those were his friends, it's even harder. They tend to 'til he either breaks or they get bored. Tao could only sigh. He just wanted to get out of Kris face as soon as possible. If that was what the blond wants, then be it. He'd act according to the script. He'd be the best actor anyone could ever be.

 

Zitao stood with a straight face, emotions conveyed behind the blank stare of his dark orbs.

 

"Okay." Zitao took a deep breath. "I-I have to go now. I-I-I.. I'm tired."

 

"Okaaay. I'll take you to your apartment. I'll just--"

 

"No no. No. Don't bother. I can manage by myself."

 

"B-but you're hurt."

 

"No. I'm fine. Let's just start the act soon."

 

"What?"

 

"The--... Never mind. I'll go."

 

Zitao abruptly left without further adieu. He had to leave. He must.

 

Kris was left in the space on his living area. The coldness of Tao's voice didn't leave unnoticed. It was void of any emotion. He had to admit that somewhere his chest, it was hurting a bit. He knew the feeling was just a phase; it would eventually leave. And add to the fact that he seemed to be reason why Zitao suddenly shut himself out. What he said a while ago was for the best. Right? It would benefit both of them. Kris wont have to face his superiors and Tao wont have to face the shame. It was best to keep it secret as mush as possible.

 

Kris sighed and threw the keys back to where it was before. He slumped on the couch and positioned himself comfortably for a good sleep. He had to call the housekeeper but that could be saved for later.

 

~~

 

As soon as Tao set foot out of the suffocating radius around Kris, a single tear rolled its way down his cheek. More could have followed but he calmed himself. He wiped his face clean. A last look of the door, then he jog, then ran. His back was still hurting but his chest was hurting more. There was little hope in him that Kris would follow, at least see him out, even he was being cold back there. But disappointment he was faced. Okay. He had to keep still and act according to Kris' suggestion.

 

Zitao stopped and called for a taxi. The bus seat would be hell for him.


 

A/N:

 

sorry for the long wait everyone. School has been ing my time lately. And I had to go there everyday. It was like going to hell on a daily basis. Ain't my life so nice? OTL