Fateful Day

Long-Lasting Friends
Please log in to read the full chapter

At that certain day; one of the early days of university, Jaejoong had to run towards his class as quick as he could. It would be the first meeting between the students and professor in the class, and Jaejoong surely didn’t want to be late. Jaejoong knew that he could be in trouble if he was late at the first meeting. He has heard from some of the seniors that this professor shouldn’t be underestimated at all. He could just downgrade someone’s remarks because he didn’t like it, and of course Jaejoong wouldn’t want that.

Yet unfortunately for him, the professor was there already when he got into the class. As he saw the professor’s glare on him, Jaejoong was just scratching his head uneasily with a guilty smile. He didn’t dare to move from his spot at all; not before he got the permission from the professor. Though the professor was turning around and continuing his lecture once more, Jaejoong remained still.

After five minutes has been passed and the professor has instructed the students to do their tasks, he was finally approaching Jaejoong’s place. Jaejoong gulped down nervously, as he noticed the sign of anger at the other’s eyes. “I... I’m sorry, Sir!” he said quickly, bowing as deep as he could towards the professor. “I was lost! I thought the class was at the other building... So I went there and waited there for a moment before finally running to here.”

The professor slightly raised his eyebrows almost immediately, as he showed a disbelief look towards Jaejoong. “And your name is...?” asked the professor with his low baritone voice.

“Jaejoong, Sir. Kim Jaejoong,” replied Jaejoong as soon as he could.

“Then, Kim Jaejoong...” The professor took a note on his book, which he was holding for the whole times. Of course, it was making Jaejoong got more nervous than before. “I hope this will be your last time for coming late to the class. Since it’s your first time, I’ll give you a dispensation. Sit down now.”

“T- Thank you, Sir,” said Jaejoong again, as he bowed for the last time towards the professor.

Jaejoong didn’t need the second instruction for his next doings. He was immediately leaving his spot to search over the seat; any seat. But unfortunately for him, no matter how hard he tried to find any of the empty ones, he couldn’t find it. After all, it was the first meeting with the professor. Of course even the laziest student would come to hear the rules of his class.

As Jaejoong was sighing in disappointment, he noticed that someone was actually pointing towards somewhere as she looked at Jaejoong. Jaejoong was immediately turning his attention towards the direction, which making him grinned happily. Jaejoong thanked in silence towards the other, before half-running towards the last seat in the class.

When Jaejoong has reached the seat, he was now able to see that there was another person on the other seat right beside him. In the normal condition, maybe Jaejoong would be upset easily to know that the other wasn’t helping at all. But of course, Jaejoong could understand it as for now. After all, the other wouldn’t be able to tell him that there was an empty seat, if he was sleeping.

There Yoochun was; sleeping for the whole times beside Jaejoong at their fateful day.

Jaejoong gaped for a moment as he could see the peaceful expression from Yoochun’s face, before finally laughing in silence alone. Jaejoong didn’t exactly know why. But to look at the other’s opened mouth as he was sleeping soundly, Jaejoong really couldn’t help to not find it funny. Though he was trying to calm himself down by taking a deep breath and biting his lips, in the end Jaejoong burst in silence giggles once more.

Jaejoong was way too absorbed with Yoochun’s peaceful face at the moment, until he didn’t even realize that the professor has came towards his place. All Jaejoong did was just stared absent-mindly at the textbook, while preventing himself from laughing aloud.

Ahm.

Jaejoong finally turned his attention towards the other side of him, soon widening his eyes as he saw there was his professor standing right there. Unconsciously, Jaejoong gulped down and took a glance towards the innocent sleeping man beside him. As he knew exactly what the professor could do, Jaejoong was feeling guilty towards Yoochun almost right away.

Jaejoong was unfortunately right.
The professor has just slammed hardly on his table, making Jaejoong slightly flinched on the place as well.

“What the hell?!” shouted Yoochun loudly; didn’t seem to remember that he was in a crowded class by now. He was instantly straightening his body and looking around to find on what was disturbing his sleep with a frown. Yet as soon as his stare finally landed on the professor, Yoochun was quickly closing his mouth and hiding the frown as well.

“You’re better to not sleep in my class once more, if you still want any marks from me,” threatened the professor coldly, before leaving both Jaejoong and Yoochun in silence.

As the professor has finally left the other two’s seats, Jaejoong w

Please log in to read the full chapter