ConfessionS (End)

Long-Lasting Friends
Please log in to read the full chapter

Jaejoong laid down himself on the grass, staring at the Han River which could be seen from his place. That place has always been a hideout for him; a place to run away from Yoochun whenever they had a fight with each other. As he could feel another presence that was coming closer towards his place, Jaejoong was immediately sighing in frustration. It was clearly an easy task for him to know who the person was; none other than Yoochun.

“You surely take your time to reach here, Chun,” said him, as he took a glance towards the latter.

Yoochun just remained in silence for a moment, as he wasn’t able to speak whatever he wanted yet right now. Nevertheless, he was still pretty much breathless because of the running that he just did to reach the place. Without saying anything else, Yoochun had already sat right beside the latter and his hair softly; as if there was nothing wrong between them.

“If you’re intended to avoid me, I’ll suggest you to change the place next time,” Yoochun finally said. “It will never work anymore, as I already know that you always come here instead.”

Jaejoong broke their eye contact and looked down instead; as if afraid to look directly at the other’s eyes. “What if I say that I never intended to avoid you? What if I say that I intentionally always come here so that you can catch me up, Chun?” asked him.

“Then you have successfully lured me in and... will always do,” replied Yoochun calmly.

Jaejoong didn’t reply at Yoochun’s words anymore further. He chose to close his eyes slowly, trying to enjoy the from Yoochun’s fingers instead. He knew that Yoochun has been dying to make everything clearer by now. He knew that both of them have realized; this condition wouldn’t be good for them and for their relationship this point forward. However, Jaejoong just wanted to wait.

“Jae, I’m sorry for kissing you,” said Yoochun nervously, staring right at Jaejoong.

Jaejoong sighed in disappointment and opened his eyes once more time. Jaejoong was even pushing Yoochun’s hand away from him, as he immediately sat up on his place. He stared at Yoochun in disbelief; didn’t understand why the other couldn’t see that the kiss wasn’t the point at all.

“I’m alright with our kiss,” said him, hoping that Yoochun could take the hint already.

“But still, it’s not supposed-”

“What I hate is your saying about the kiss wasn’t supposed to be happened,” cut Jaejoong.

At this point, Jaejoong didn’t care anymore whether it was him or Yoochun that made the first move between them. He just knew that he hated it so much when Yoochun was saying sorry over nothing. It became much more important for Jaejoong right now, to stop playing around and settle things up. He has been tired and sick of waiting for the whole years up until now.

“You even said that it was nothing. How can it be nothing?” Jaejoong immediately added. “You made me really sounded like one of those one-night-stand girls. Do I value that low in your eyes, Chun?”

“Absolutely no, Jae,” Yoochun answered as quick; didn’t know that it could be sounded that way for Jaejoong. “I’m sorry. That was just me being stupid. You definitely have an unlimited value for me, as you’re one of the most important people in my life already.”

“Your most important person...?” Jaejoong murmured in whisper, though it was still audible enough for Yoochun. “As what, Chun? What am I in your life?”

Yoochun gulped down nervously, wasn’t ready to answer the question. No matter how convincing Changmin was when told him that he had to make a change, didn’t mean that he could just blurt out whatever. He was afraid despite everything, and still does. “You are my soulmate, aren’t you?” he finally chose the safest answer. “We’ve decided about that a long time ago together, Jae.”

“Then you should have understood me better that way, right?” Jaejoong asked, showing his serious look on his face. “I am not going to back off anymore this time, Chun. I’m tired of pretending there’s nothing unusual in our relationship, which we always hide behind the soulmate title.”

Yoochun bit his lower lips as he tried to control his breath; that has become uneven all of sudden. He didn’t even know yet whether he would be able to answer properly or not. True that he understood what Jaejoong meant by that, but there was things inside his mind as well.

“You’re very important for me, Jae. I- You’re-” Yoochun started his explanation; at least, he tried. But unfortunately, he couldn’t continue from that point. He was sighing deeply in defeat; feeling sorry towards the latter as well. “I’m sorry. Changmin was right, I... I can’t tell you more.”

“Why can’t you?” asked Jaejoong, carefully resting his hands on Yoochun’s cheeks; so that the other wouldn’t be able to look at elsewhere but him.

“I am... afraid,” answered Yoochun in whisper.

“Afraid? Afraid of what?” asked Jaejoong once more with a frown.

“Basically everything,” Yoochun answered again hesitantly. “I’m afraid to think that I was never good enough for you. I’m afraid to think that you will be suffering beside me. I’m afraid to think that the change between us won’t give anything in return- and will be a waste instead. Most importantly, I’m afraid to think that your feelings are... just momentary. I’m afraid that it’ll disappear one day.”

Yoochun took another deep breath as he closed his eyes. It took him a lot of efforts, as it was his first time to speak out what was bothering him these whole times. Besides, there were also tons of what-if danced along inside his mind right now. Though, it was unexpected for Yoochun to find that what he had to face right now was Jaejoong’s soft expression instead.

“You don’t have to be afraid anymore,” Jaejoong said with a reassuring smile. “As I believe in you, do you believe in me and my feelings? Nothing will be gone as a waste, Chun; no matter what is going to be happened in the future. One thing I can say is that I will definitely stay by your side, even if the world goes against you. That’s a promise.”

“Stop. Please don’t say anything else,” Yoochun said, pushing Jaejoong’s hands away from his cheeks to prevent himself became weaker. “I’m going to lose it all if you don’t stop, Jae... and it’s not a good sign for both of us. Just- stop it for now, okay?”

Jaejoong was still smiling softly towards the latter, as he slowly took both of Yoochun’s hands. “I love you,” whispered him sincerely.

Yoochun widened his eyes almost instantly; never expected a confession would come from Jaejoong. He thought, as long as he never said anything towards Jaejoong, they would be safe from the stupid feelings of him. “I... No,” he quickly said, pulling off his hands from Jaejoong again. “Don’t say something that you will regret later, Jae.”

“Regret? It was never been in my dictionary,” Jaejoong replied with a soft giggle. “I love you. I always love you. I love you too damn much. I really-really love you. Park Yoochun, I love you. Yoochun, I-”

Though his first intention was saying those words over and over again, Jaejoong suddenly stopped it in the

Please log in to read the full chapter