Chapter 6

Magic pet cat

It was a bright Sunday Yongguk decided to take Tigger out for walk. He carried her in his arms; he didn’t want his cat to be stepped to flat by other passenger. He went in a pet supplies shop. Yongguk picked a cart and put Tigger into it sitting. He walked to the food row. There were dog food, bird food, fish food then he arrived in front of cat food shelf. “Salmon or Chicken flavor?” Tigger cracked her head to the side while staring at Yongguk. “Well let’s take both.” He placed several cans of each flavor into the cart and walked to accessory row. There were a lot of cute little stuffs. She couldn’t stop turning her head around with her sparkling eyes. They stopped in front of collar section. “Meow…” Tigger couldn’t hide her excitement. He took two soft weave 2D kitten collars with small bell in his hands; He showed it to Tiger “pink or baby blue?” She stand up with her eyes sparkled. He placed them nearby her neck one by one to model which one look better. But then he placed it back on the hanging. He took another one “Your fur is white and with this black one is really matched. Let’s take this.” He said smiling and pushed the cart forward. At the other hand, Tigger lied down on her on her tummy, head resting on the front legs and let out a disappointment moan. You stupid master. “What else do we need? Cat’s toy? You already forcibly occupied my stuff tiger, no need to buy more.” Then he saw a cat tickler. He picked it up and brushed it lightly on Tiger’s face. She waved her hand to push it away, master you are no fun, heung! “You don’t like it huh?” Yongguk use the handle of the tickler scratched his head and put it back on the shelf. He picked a bottle of cat shampoo when he saw the cat litters on the corner; he went to take a look at them “Should I buy you a litter box? But I had never seen you poop or pee since the day you moved in. Are you sick or something?” Yongguk soften his eyes and her head “I hope you didn’t leave the master piece at our neighbor’s.” He chuckled and headed to cashier. His smile disappeared when he saw his ex with her husband walking into the shop. They awkwardly took a peak at each other and walked passed by to their own path.

Yongguk walked out of the shop with one hand carried his shopping bag and tugged tigger his arm. They headed to a park nearby. Yongguk placed his bag and tigger on the bench and he sat beside. He was staring blankly at the river. Tiger her paw; enjoy the fresh air brush against her fluffy white fur. Then she turned her head to her master looking at him. He just got dumped by his secret girlfriend he dated for 3 years. Her mom urged her to marry a middle class businessman rather than keep running around a so called artist. Tigger move closer to him and gently scratched his tight. He her head and smiled a bit then got up to go home.

It was like another normal day, Tigger jumped out of yongguk’s arm when they arrived home, she run toward her toy, the stuff tigger which was lying on the floor, hold it in running around and stop by somewhere in the corner to play with it. Yongguk closed the apartment door and headed to bathroom to take shower, washing away the whole day tiredness. But yongguk’s day seem not finish because a nail of the cloth hanging had gone off. Yongguk went out to get a hammer and a nail from the storage box under the kitchen counter. He held the nail adjusted it on the wall and other hand held the hammer targeting the nail but to the rapper boy’s unfortunate. He hit his finger instead “Ah! geez…” . Tigger turn her head to where the noise came from and running toward her master who was squatting down on the bathroom floor, pressing his bleeding finger.

Tigger jumped up his lap and trying to reach his hands, Yongguk tried to shoo her off “Ti… Tigger get off!” after a few try she successfully stepped on his hands and his wounded finger.

“Tigger what are doing?!!” Yongguk immediately get up dropping tiger to the floor. He looked back at her “sorry”. When he got his attention back to his wounded finger, it didn’t hurt or bleed anymore just remain a pink mark only. He picked tigger up and placed her in her bed and went back to finish the hammering.