Irony of Love

Forever With You

Irony of Love

 

She heard his voice asking her to come out and explaining his side but she didn’t want to listen. Her parents were worried as they knocked on her door but she still stayed in her position and after probably almost half an hour, he left with the words of her parents to let her be alone for some time.

 

It was as if she jumped into the highest cliff and fell hard on the solid ground – that’s how painful she felt.

 

But the guy didn’t stop to reach out for her. He kept on calling her phone and sending messages but unfortunately, she didn’t dare to answer him.

 

He didn’t know what he will do and not wanting their relationship to end just like that. It was his fault. If only he didn’t get into the details and explain that it’s just all in the past, but it was too late.  

 

He decided to seek for his sister’s advice since she’s always the one he consulted when he had problems and the same goes for his girlfriend. He confessed what happened before and his sister even scolded him for what he had done.

 

But before she can go on with the solution, it was Boa who was calling on her phone. Jaejoong voiced out not to say that he’s there or else he knew she will hung up. His sister can only sigh as she picked up her phone and lying that she didn’t know yet the reason for the couple’s misunderstanding.

 

“Am I disturbing you?” The caller firstly asked with a hint of tiredness in her voice and the sister knew by that question that Boa was going to spill out her side of the issue.

 

“No dear, so how are you?” She then looked at her brother when she heard sniffling sounds and that’s when the other girl started to cry once more. The older sister made him listen over the phone and he bit his lip with guilt. He can’t bear it and was going to speak but his sister prohibited him.

 

“I’m…I’m sorry. I just need someone to talk to” Boa explained as she let herself calmed down a bit.

 

“It’s alright…but can you tell me why you’re crying?”

 

“Because I’m so stupid” She instantly replied. “All along, I thought being in a relationship and loving him was enough but now, I don’t…I don’t even know if he truly loves me” It was unusual for the guy to worry that much and be so curious from the expression his sister was showing. And for being an impatient one, he snatched the phone, the speaker and was about to say something but his girlfriend continued.

 

“I asked him if he loved someone and he told me he did. I know, even if he didn’t say it, he still loves her. I saw his smile while he’s talking about her and felt the pain he had when she died. I don’t know…I feel like…like he just sees me as a resemblance of her and not really love me for who I am. Would it be…would it be better if we break up?” He gave back the phone to his sister as he heard what she thought of him. He slowly dropped on the floor while tears began to form in his eyes. He couldn’t believe it. It‘s not true.

 

“Boa…I understand why you feel like that but take time to rationalize things. Talk to him and let him explain his side. I know it would be difficult but trust me, this misunderstanding would be settled if you try to communicate with him” His sister advised and the other person on the line took it into consideration. 

 

“I’ll try…I’m sorry for wasting your time. I guess I’m still not mature enough to handle this matter. But thank you for listening. Goodnight” She hung up while the older girl sat beside his brother and patted his back.

 

“Don’t think about it too much. It’s normal in a relationship to experience that, just remember to admit your mistakes and be understanding to your partner” He slightly nodded but not uttering a single word. “You’ve already grown up and yet you made a girl cry. I guess you’re still my baby brother after all” She teased and ruffled his hair as he broke a slight smile.

 

“Thank you”