Lull me to sleep

Jumbled

 

A/N It is (just) a bit long but I've decided to post it here nevertheless.

 

Wonshik suffered from mild narcolepsy and, fortunately, it didn't go as far as affecting his work but sometimes his daytime sleep pattern was really ed up. He would fall asleep nearly everywhere, in every uncomfortable position there existed. Jaehwan even caught him once and startled him awake when he was almost slumping from the couch face-first into the floor.

Hakyeon pitied him a tad bit, but when there was Wonshik in front of him, bundled up in a blanket on the sofa, mouth hanging open and snoring noisily, he couldn't miss the chance and quickly took a few snaps of him, just to later. Wonshik didn't even flinch from the camera flash and Hakyeon scurried off, giggling. 

Hakyeon had soon collected a fairly large compilation of Wonshik's snapshots and he would occasionally browse through it, snorting to himself. It was a fun experience and it was (let's face it) really childish of Hakyeon to do it, but he just couldn't resist. With time, the pattern has changed and Hakyeon found himself lingering more around Wonshik when he was sleeping, long legs and arms sprawled on the sofa and Hakyeon occupying its very edge, merely watching Wonshik.

Sometimes Wonshik didn't snore (thanks god) and he wouldn't make any buzz at all, his slow breathing actually surprisingly soothing to the ears. Sometimes he would just hum softly, eyebrows knitting together, huffs of air being choked out on occasion and face tinted pink. He was dreaming about something, and no doubt something very, very lewd, Hakyeon concluded. 

Taekwoon caught him once simply staring at Wonshik sleeping and asked him what the heck was he doing. Hakyeon merely shrugged and answered he's watching him because he's sort of cute. Taekwoon unpredictably countered that Hakyeon's gaze was not at all of motherly affection and that it was something different, and Hakyeon was fazed and taken aback. He had asked Taekwoon what was that supposed to mean but Taekwoon merely dismissed him by saying that it is for him to find out what is signifies. Hakyeon didn't really think about it for a while.

Not until he was back again watching over Wonshik and this time he was really fidgety as if he was on pins and needles and his forehead was damp with perspiration. Hakyeon considered waking him up, thinking he's having a nightmare but just as he leaned down towards his face to gently stir him, Wonshik let out a moan of his name. A moan. And it wasn't a pained or anguished one, but rather one derived from pleasure. Hakyeon's face flushed entirely, heart stuck in his throat. He left shortly after, flustered.

After the "incident" he started to think more about Wonshik, in a slightly different way than he had done before. Sure, he might have toyed with the idea in the past, when Wonshik's hand rested on his thigh longer that it should have, when they would exchange lingering gazes and sweet smiles with apparently no reason, when Wonshik would his back with tender attention after particularly draining schedules, but he had never actually thought of making it real. 

It was still puzzling because Hakyeon was not one hundred percent certain Wonshik liked him but hey, trying wouldn't hurt, right? A rejection would be doubtlessly bitter but Hakyeon hoped, even if Wonshik didn't actually share his feelings, that nothing would change between them. What spurred him into action was the hunch he had about the other man fancying him as well. 

It was late at night and Hakyeon asked Wonshik to make room on his bed because he'll be sleeping with him tonight and Wonshik pulled a look of utter surprise because the other man didn't usually do that. He complied nevertheless and Hakyeon tucked against him, snug and comfortable. He'd played with the strands of Wonshik's hair as they talked about nothing and everything and eventually Wonshik propped his head against Hakyeon's chest. Hakyeon's heart was pounding loud in his ears as he prepared himself for confession and his movements grew antsy.

"Wonshik-ah," he started, soft and barely audible, "I've got to tell you something. I-- I li--" Hakyeon's efforts of articulating words were useless as a mild snore was heard. He looked down at Wonshik and smiled, not really upset, and kissed his eyelids. He would just have to hurry up next time.

The next time was, in fact, much sooner than Hakyeon had initially thought. It was just the following morning, after they had both done their routines and returned to bed, just to cuddle a bit more because it was a schedule-free day (how in the world did that happen) and Hakyeon leaned against Wonshik's ear, voice small but still somewhat confident. 

"Wonshik-ah, I like you. Do you like me?" 

Wonshik's head whipped up and he stared unbelievingly at Hakyeon for a few long seconds before nodding foolishly. Hakyeon grinned and didn't waste a second more, their lips meeting in a sweet, sensual kiss.

The next time Wonshik fell asleep unexpectedly was in their van when they were going to a fansign. Hakyeon had stayed behind to wake him up and Wonshik rose slowly. Just as his vision cleared after he'd rubbed his droopy eyes, Wonshik complained, "Ah, if it continues like this I might fall asleep when we make love!" Hakyeon swatted his nape and told him to shut up, cheeks a red shade. Wonshik laughed and pinched at his sides teasingly.

Thankfully, when they made love, Wonshik was more awake than ever.