Fall

Jumbled

 

A/N sooo much fluuuuuuuuff.

 

It was really unfortunate; Hakyeon had fallen halfway through the dance practice due to the tense muscles and the overwhelming fatigue which he stubbornly ignored. The prospect of a twisted ankle was his most dreaded problem and his overzealous nature smashed all of his work. 

The doctor was obnoxious and all the procedures were so tedious and boring he almost fell asleep several times, but the pesky doctor startled him awake again. Where did all of his luck go?

It seemed the odds were in favour though when he met the male nurse. Incredibly tall, messy and all over the place and completely adorable. There's a deep, raucous noise when he laughs and his hands are soft when he presses at his ankle. He asks for his name just as he's done checking out and putting his shoe on and Hakyeon feels kinda like Cinderella. He cringes at what he's just thought.

Then there are gleaming eyes looking up at him.

A shy smile.

Wonshik, he utters. 

Hakyeon shoots a delighted smile back.

 

It hurts here and it hurts there, Hakyeon complains as Wonshik tries to move him into another hospital room, a tight grasp on his shoulders to sustain his weight. More whines, more cries. Wonshik's hands eventually go under his knees and pull him up, right into his arms, and a small sound of surprise is emitted from Hakyeon. He still grumbles as he's being carried (mostly from embarrasment) and Wonshik is smiling like no tomorrow. 

 

So, you're a dancer, huh, Wonshik says when he's watching Hakyeon eat that hospital food and at last, he can't endure Hakyeon's sour faces anymore and takes out a hamburger from his backpack. Hakyeon's eyes practically sparkle at the sight. Yep, I'm actually professional, a prodigy I'd say, Hakyeon talks between chewing and swallowing and Wonshik pulls an amused face and gives a short, gruff laugh. Let's dance together when your foot heals then, he retorts and Hakyeon's wonder melts into a content smile as he does consecutive nods.

 

Hakyeon is standing on Wonshik's toes the first time they dance. There's a jazzy, y beat in the background (Wonshik's choice) and it's in fact more of Wonshik dancing alone and dragging Hakyeon along than them dancing together. Hakyeon's ankle still hurts. They sway in sync with the sensual rhythm, chests pressed together and Hakyeon's face is hidden in the crook of Wonshik's warm neck. Wonshik almost drops Hakyeon back when a giggling nurse finds her way into this particular room. They are both flushed red as the middle-aged woman winks suggestively for a couple of times before exiting quietly. 

 

The last cast on Hakyeon's ankle is removed a week after. Still, no gruelling dance practices or sharp movements for a while, the doctor warns and Hakyeon, though a bit grumpy about it, sighs in relief that it's finally over. He grabs at Wonshik's hand and links their fingers, help me, he mumbles and Wonshik is eyeing him from head to toe before shaking his head in amused disbelief. Wonshik hoists him easily and an extremely pleased smile is plastered on Hakyeon's face as he takes him to his car. 

Hakyeon tells Wonshik he can walk on his own legs only a week after. (Wonshik always knew.) 

 

You wanna dance? Wonshik offers when Hakyeon takes him to his studio and there's a glint of happiness in Hakyeon's eyes when he nods his head expectantly. Their arms tangle comfortably and Hakyeon slumps his head to his shoulder. Wonshik kisses him that night. And between nips, nibbles and feverish touches, Hakyeon realizes he had fallen again. 

Just in another way.