A Sister's Favor

Parenting for Aliens???

                   

 

It was another busy day at Spring’s Sweets. Bom’s pastries happened to be very in demand, people line up to have a bite on her delicious, signature cupcakes. Every day Bom gets to ice a thousand cupcakes for several hungry customers. She gets help from her friends who are also her employees, Chaerin, Seungri and Daesung, but most of the time she prefers to ice the cupcakes on her own. Her cupcakes have a signature icing swirl that her friends are having a hard time to copy. It takes  a lot of time to perfect it and Bom is a bit of a perfectionist.

“Bommie-unnie, Dara-unnie’s here to see you!” Chaerin announced cheerfully as Bom concentrated on icing the cupcakes. The line in her store is pretty long. She didn’t want to keep her customers waiting, since they’re always on the go.

“Arasso… Give me a minute.” Bom said as she iced about fifty cupcakes rapidly, yet neatly. Bom rushed in putting the icing, but the swirls still looked perfect. Chaerin could only stare in awe at Bom’s masterpieces. Bom truly was the master of all sweets.

“Done!” Bom said enthusiastically, feeling satisfied with her work. She wiped her hands on her colorful apron, before leaving Chaerin and the others to add the other colorful and edible decorations on the cupcakes. She gave her sister a warm smile as soon as she saw her standing in front of a counter.

“Good Morning, Sis! What brings you here?” Bom greeted cheerfully. Dara smiled sheepishly at her unnie.

The two sat on a sofa to talk properly. There were a lot of noisy customers near the counter.

“I came to ask for a little favor. I hope you don’t mind.” Dara said as she bit her lips shyly. Bom laughed and gave her sister a pat on the back.

“Sure! Anything for my sister.” She replied.

“Well, Jiyoung and I are gonna have dinner tonight. We need someone to babysit Sanjee while we’re gone. HaYi and Minji won’t be able to come over to babysit her because they have to finish a school project. I was hoping you’re available by 8:00pm to watch over our princess.” Dara explained.

“Arasso. I’ll close the shop earlier than usual for you guys.” Bom said.

“Great! I’ll call Seunghyun and tell him to pick you up at 7:30.” Dara exclaimed and Bom gasped.

“Wait… What do you mean…. Seunghyun will pick me up?” Bom asked frantically.

“Seunghyun’s babysitting too…” Dara explained with a sheepish smile.

Bom started to panic. She hated the idea of working with Seunghyun again. She knew Dara and Jiyoung were planning something again. She hated the fact that they’ve been trying to set them up together.

“Wait a minute… I can handle Sanjee, just like how I can handle a thousand cupcakes and customers. I don’t need Seunghyun’s help!” Bom protested stubbornly as she crossed her arms over her chest.

“Come on. Sanjee likes Seunghyun a lot.” Dara whined.

“I’m Sanjee’s biological aunt and godmother. Blood is thicker than water!” Bom answered back.

“Come on, Unnie… Seunghyun’s good with kids. Besides, you guys make a perfect tandem when it comes to taking care of Sanjee.” Dara reasoned out.

“Aish! I’ve had enough of you guys trying to set me up with Seunghyun! I’ve already told you that it wouldn’t work out!” Bom felt annoyed at the moment. She just couldn’t understand what Jiyoung and Dara sees in her and Seunghyun.

“Come on, Unnie… Give him a chance. He’s a good guy once you get to know him…” Dara pleaded.

“I already gave him a chance! During our blind date remember? But he just blew it! He’s just like the other guys out there… He’s so full of himself… He’s an annoying, stupid, conceited,alien!!!” Bom retorted in annoyance.

“Look, he’s not like Siwon…” Dara said, shutting up Bom in the process. “Not all guys are like Siwon…”

Siwon happened to be Bom’s ex. She dated him because Yunho set them up together. She turned to like him, but before her feelings developed into something deeper, she caught him cheating on her with some b*tch. Bom felt so heart-broken. Since then she felt as though, she wasn’t good enough for anyone. She set her love life aside and decided to focus on her career instead.

Dara felt sad for her sister. She wanted Bom to realize that she deserves love. She didn’t want Bom to be insecure forever. She wanted Bom to find someone to love. Dara couldn’t understand why, but she feels as though Seunghyun’s the right man for Bom.

“Please, Unnie?” Dara asked. “Just this time.”

Dara pouted cutely at Bom.

“Fine…” Bom sighed in defeat. She loved Dara so much that she just couldn’t say no…

“Yey!” Dara squealed happily. Bom knew she was gonna regret everything later…


A.N. Sorry for the short Chap. I promise I’ll update soon. I would like to thank everyone who subscribed and sent comments.

You guys helped me a lot! ^^

With love,

~Kei-chan <3