Baby Boo

Parenting for Aliens???

           

Jiyoung held the ladder tightly as he watched his wife climb up to hang up decors for their daughter’s first birthday party. He watched her intently, nervous that she might fall down and hurt herself. He gasped as Dara tiptoed to reach up and hang the décor higher, losing her balance in the process. Luckily, she was able to get hold of something to help her regain her balance. Jiyoung sighed in relief and wiped the sweat on his forehead.

“I’m okay!” Dara stated as she proceeded on decorating the house for the party.

“Aish… Be careful! You’re making me nervous.” Jiyoung scolded. “Are you sure you can do it? Do you want to switch places?”

Dara rolled her eyes at her husband’s over protectiveness.

“Aish I can handle this okay, Jiyoungie?” She protested and her husband could only sigh in defeat. His lovely wife is indeed, a stubborn lady. It was hard to argue with her.

The young couple was truly busy that day. It was their daughter’s first birthday and they wanted to make it special. Sanjee is their first and only child. As new parents, they were extremely excited for the celebration. They planned the party themselves so that the party will be more meaningful, but of course it required a lot of time and effort. The party will start in a few hours and the couple was having a hard time arranging stuff for the party. Luckily, they were able to seek help from Dara’s sister Bom and Jiyoung’s bestfriend, Seunghyun.

Bom smiled as she watched her sister and brother-in-law put up the decorations. The lovely couple was indeed a wonderful sight for her. Dara was an all around wife and Jiyoung was a sweet and caring husband. Bom sighed dreamily as she held a piping bag in her hand. She wondered if she’ll ever find the right man for her and if one day she’ll have a family as perfect as Jiyoung and Dara’s.

“Ya! Are you gonna start decorating the cake or what?” Seunghyun said as he sat on a chair in front of the counter and placed Sanjee on his lap. He had a smirk on his face as he looked at Bom who just snapped out from her thoughts and rolled her eyes at him before putting colorful icing and sprinkles on the cupcakes that she had just baked.

Bom owns a small pastry shop called Spring’s Sweets. She volunteered to bake Sanjee’s cake and some cupcakes for the guests at the party. Bom sulked and scowled at Seunghyun, who just chuckled at her action.

“I bet the cupcakes are going to be bitter just like the one who made them. I wouldn’t dare to taste.” He teased, sending Bom off the edge.

“Whatever…” Bom muttered under her breath as she rolled her eyes once more. Seunghyun just laughed. He just loves teasing her so much. He didn’t know why. He just felt the urge to do so. For some reason there was a sense of fulfillment for him every time Bom would get pissed at him.

“Instead of ruining my day, why don’t you make yourself productive by getting your lazy over here to help me?” Bom retorted in an aggravated manner as she glared at Seunghyun who just smiled sheepishly at her.

“Come on, baby boo… I was only kidding…” He said as he hugged his adorable godchild. “Besides, I’m not a lazy … I’m watching Sanjee over here.” He reasoned out before tickling and kissing the adorable toddler in his arms.

“Stupid Alien…” Bom hissed.

“Love you too, baby boo!” Seunghyun replied, chuckling once more. Bom on the other hand, felt her face heat up at his statement. She didn’t know if the sudden heat she felt was because of annoyance or … something else…

“I’m not your baby boo okay?!” Bom protested.

“Aish… These lovebirds are quarrelling again …” Jiyoung remarked as he and Dara made their way towards the kitchen counter to check up on Bom and Seunghyun.

“Yah! We’re not lovebirds!” Bom and Seunghyun retorted in unison.

“We’re Aliens… Aliens in love…” Seunghyun continued. “Right, baby boo?”

Bom sighed hopelessly as she face palmed herself after hearing Seunghyun’s statement.

“You guys are unbelievable.” She mumbled before getting back to her work.




In a few hours, everything was set up for the party. The four adults and the adorable toddler got dressed for the celebration. Soon their families and friends came to greet the cute birthday celebrant. The two godparents came to welcome the guests and took pictures and videos of the celebration.

“Jeejee baby look at the camera, smile!” Bom cooed as she took pictures of Sanjee while Seunghyun held the toddler in his arms. The toddler didn’t obey her aunt and looked at her uncle instead and giggled.

“Aigoo…. She likes me better than you, baby boo…” Seunghyun teased.

“Aish… Could you help me out here? I’m trying to take a picture of her and you’re just ruining everything.- Just like you always do!” Bom whined.

“Aish…. Here take Sanjee and I’ll take your picture with her.” Seunghyun finally gave in as he gently placed the toddler in Bom’s arms.


Little did they know that Sanjee’s parents were watching them from across the living room.

“Look at them… They’re so cute together…” Dara squealed as she pinched Jiyoung’s arm.

“If only they weren’t too dense to realize their feelings for each other…” Jiyoung agreed.

The two have been trying to set Seunghyun and Bom together, but for some odd reason, the two ‘Aliens’ just couldn’t get along. Bom finds Seunghyun annoying and Seunhyun keeps on annoying Bom. To sum it all up, everything was just complicated.

“Bommie-unnie’s playing hard to get… It’s so annoying… Aish… If she continues that attitude, she’ll never get a boyfriend…” Dara complained and Jiyoung gave her a pat on the head.

“You can’t just put all the blame on Bommie-noona…. Hyung’s being a jerk to her most of the time…” Jiyoung said. “Let’s just give them some time…”


Bom and Seunghyun kept taking videos of Sanjee as Dara and Jiyoung entertained the guests. The two aliens seem to be having fun playing with Sanjee. They both love Sanjee so much, even if they sort of didn’t like each other’s company.

For some reason, Bom just dislikes Seunghyun. She finds his presence intimidating. She could feel Seunghyun’s arrogance spilling all over the place by the simple way that he just carries himself. It annoys her a lot; however, she had to admit… He was a total dork around kids. Behind that confident and handsome Choi Seunghyun was a child-like man who’s good at handling little kids.

“I think she’s sleepy…” Seunghyun concluded while Sanjee yawned and rubbed her droopy eyes. He held out his arms towards Bom and Sanjee. “I’ll take her for awhile. You go and eat with the guests. You must be tired too…”

Bom smiled at Seunghyun’s gesture. It was nice to see that side of him. She never knew that Seunghyun had that soft, caring side. She liked that kind of Seunghyun better.

“Thanks… I’ll take her from you after I eat… So… you know… You could rest too…” Bom said sheepishly. She wasn’t normally nice to Seunghyun. Their relationship was always complicated. Usually, Seunghyun would and at some circumstances… flirt with her… She gets annoyed and shouts at him. But that moment, was different. She felt she just had to be bit nice to him. It was awkward.

Seunghyun, on the other hand, unconsciously smiled. Bom rarely smiled at him and approached him in a calm manner… He felt butterflies flutter in his stomach. He felt his heart beat fast in his chest.

‘She looks prettier when she smiles…’ He thought to himself. ‘She should do that more often…’

Bom turned away awkwardly as soon as she felt her cheeks heated up in embarrassment.

‘Omo… What is this? I hate him, don’t I? But I have to admit… He looks gorgeous when he smiles…’

“Bom? Park Bom? Hey! It’s good to see you!”

Bom eventually snapped out from her thoughts as soon as she heard someone call her. She found the voice familiar. She turned her attention towards that certain person and smiled. She knew it was him.

“Yunho-ah!” She exclaimed as she ran towards him to give him a hug. “Long time no see!”

“I’ve been busy…” He said, after pulling away from his friend’s hug. Bom smiled as she tucked her hair behind her ear and bit her lips shyly.

“How have you been? How are things going on between you and Boa, any good news?” She asked. She felt a slight pain in her chest as soon as she asked that. She had always had a crush on Yunho since high school. They were good friends…. Well…. Just friends…. Turns out, Yunho is in love with Jiyoung’s sister, Boa and Boa feels the same way about Yunho. After finding out about that, Bom decided to keep her feelings to herself. Boa is a good friend to her. She knew she had no chance on Yunho… But her foolish heart still had that little hope…

Yunho’s perfect smile faded after hearing the question. He looked at the ground and sighed as he kept his hands in his pockets.

“You mean… Ji didn’t tell you?” He asked and Bom looked at him cluelessly.

Yunho chuckled in a remorseful tone. “Looks like he didn’t…”

“What happened?” Bom asked worriedly.

“Boa was given a good opportunity in Paris… She flew and… well we decided to have a cool off… We figured that we should focus on our careers for awhile, especially now that I’m finally a lawyer and she’s on her way to fulfill her dreams of becoming a fashion designer… “ He told her and Bom felt sad for him… She always thought Yunho and Boa looked good together, even if it hurt her, she was happy that Yunho was happy with Boa…Now that she knew that they aren't together anymore, she felt lonely for them...

“I’m sorry...” She said as she gave him a pat on the back. She felt her heart skip a beat. Maybe she does have a chance on him after all…But she decided to shrug the thought away… It will only make things complicated. Besides, it was obvious that Yunho still loves Boa so much.

“Yo Yunho! Wassup?!” Seunghyun came to break the silence between the two friends. Bom frowned at Seunghyun’s actions. She was having a moment with her high school crush and all of a sudden that irritating alien shows up to spoil the mood.

“Hey what’s up, Seunghyun!” Yunho greeted back. “I see, you’re having a good time with Ji and Sandy’s princess…”

“Well, I’m practicing my parenting skills since it won’t be long until Baby Boo and I will have our own” Seunghyun replied as he placed an arm on Bom’s shoulder. Bom immediately blushed and pushed him away.

“I see… You guys make a lovely couple…” Yunho complimented making Bom blush a thousand shades of red and Seunghyun chuckle triumphantly.

“I know right…” Seunghyun said arrogantly as he smirked at Bom who just rolled her eyes at him for the nth time of the day.


A.N. Sorry it took awhile for me to update… I do hope you like the first chap…. I would  like to thank everyone who subscribed. I haven’t posted a chap yet, but I already had 15 subscribers. You guys made me really happy. Spread TopBom love~  Mwah

 

With love,

Kei-chan