Too Much

Parenting for Aliens???

“CHINCHA!?” Bom and Seunghyun both gasped loudly as soon as they finally comprehended Yunho’s explanation of Dara and Jiyoung’s will. They couldn’t believe what Yunho had just said.

“It’s stated in their will. I can’t do anything about it…” Yunho simply said.

“You mean I have to get tied to him forever because of that will? Are you insane, Yunho?! You’re asking us to live together and be Sanjee’s parents. That’s totally against our will! You’re asking us to live in one house together like a couple! That just…. Proposterous!” Bom said in panic.

Seunghyun agreed with her, but he couldn’t help but feel a bit hurt about what she just said. It was a bit hurtful for him to feel disliked by Park Bom. ‘Could it be that…’ He decided  to shrug his thoughts away. Right now, he has other priorities and considering his relationship with Bom right now, it’s very unlikely that what he had in mind would happen. Besides, Bom isn’t his type. He doesn’t like workaholic, grumpy, bossy people like her… Or at least…. That’s what he thought so…

“You don’t have to necessarily do things that married couples do… Well you know what I mean… Besides, I thought Seunghyun said that….”Yunho was starting to get nervous. It was totally difficult to handle the situation.

“We’re not together, okay! It’s just him who’s thinking that!” Bom snapped as she pointed at Seunghyun furiously.

“Ouch… One-sided love truly hurts…” Seunghyun said jokingly as he rubbed his chest and pouted.

“Shut up, Seunghyun this is serious!” Bom hissed as she hit his arm, causing him to yelp. She then turned her attention to Yunho to ask more questions.

“Don’t we like… have a choice here? I mean, can’t one of us just take care of Sanjee, besides, what if things don’t work out?” Bom asked.

“Well, you guys can look for a couple or a family who can take care of Sanjee… But of course, if you can’t, then you guys have to take care of her…” Yunho said. “You can try to look for some people in your family and Jiyoung’s family who are willing to keep her and who are worthy to be her new family. If you guys can’t find anyone else and disagree with Jiyoung and Dara’s plan, then the last resort is sending Sanjee to an orphanage, which most likely, by judging you guys based on how long I’ve known you, is unlikely. Surely the two of you can’t just do that, right? I mean, you guys love her, neh?”

Bom and Seunghyun both felt a bit guilty about what Yunho said.

“Surely the two of you can’t just do that, right? I mean, you guys love her, neh?” Yunho’s words kept ringing in their ears. It was making their heart heavy. They gazed at the toddler before them and looked at her beautiful eyes. She pouted as if she was begging them to keep her. They loved her so much. It was hard to give her away, especially when they aren’t sure about the intentions of other people towards her.

“I don’t think I can give her away…” Bom said, sighing. “But I can’t be with Seunghyun… It’s just impossible.”

“You don’t necessarily have to marry him… Don’t over react.” Yunho said. “You just have to be civil with him. Stay in one house and take care of Sanjee. That’s it.”

“It’s easier said than done.” Seunghyun sighed in a frustrated manner.

“I know… But it’s about Sanjee that we’re talking about, now.” Yunho explained. “You guys have to do something about this situation. I’m sorry for pressuring you. Everything that happened is unexpected.”

“Give us some time…” Bom pleaded. “Seunghyun and I will look for a couple. If we can’t find anyone good enough, then we’ll be stuck with each other.”

“If that’s the case, then I guess, I couldn’t agree more…” Yunho simply said.



That night, Seunghyun and Bom decided to stay at the Kwon residence to watch over Sanjee. Dara and Jiyoung’s families stayed at the hospital to settle something like, Dara and Jiyoung’s wake and funeral.

It was an extremely long and tiring day for the two. As soon as Bom put Sanjee to sleep, she sat down in the sofa to drink coffee. She didn’t feel like sleeping after everything that happened. She just wanted to sit down and think. Seunghyun went to take a shower and change into pajamas that he borrowed from Jiyoung. Since everything was too sudden, he didn’t get a chance to pack his things. As soon as he saw Bom, he sat down beside her.

“So, what are you thinking about?” He asked seriously and Bom just sighed. Soon she started to break down in to tears, startling Seunghyun.

“Hey…. Shh… It’s okay…” Seunghyun hushed at her as he patted her back.

“I can’t do it…” She sobbed. “I’m not ready. I don’t know what to do anymore. It’s too much. I’m not ready to lose them… I’m not ready to be a parent…. I just… It’s just so unfair!”

Seunghyun felt the need to hold her in his arms. It just felt right to do so. He thought that she needed it, but moreover, he knew he needed it more. He needed her warmth as of that moment. He knew that they needed each other. They need to make a grown-up decision for Sanjee…

“The weight is just too much… Do you know how it’s hard to be in a big family of successful people?  In our family, I’m one of the eldest of the children and my parents expect a lot from me… Even if I’m doing well in the things I do, for mom and dad, it’s still not enough. No matter what I do, I always disappoint them…” Bom sobbed harder as she opened up to Seunghyun. “Mom’s favorite had always been Dara and Sanghyun. Dad’s on the other hand were Yoochun, Yoohwan and GoEun-unnie who are helping in taking care his business. I had to work hard for their love but it was okay, because… I had always been Dara’s favorite. She loves me no matter what I do, no matter how crazy I can be. She accepted me and loved me for simply just being me and now that she’s gone, I feel so empty. No one will love me like she did.”

“Hey it’s going to be okay…” Seunghyun simply said. He didn’t know what else to tell her. He wasn’t sure about his answer either. He wasn’t sure if things were going to be okay now that Dara and Jiyoung are gone.  “We’ll find someone… “

Seunghyun sighed as Bom drifted to sleep in his arms. He held her fragile figure protectively that night and closed his eyes. Tomorrow is another long day for the both of them.


A.N. Hi guys! Sorry for not being able to update yesterday…. I’ll try to update later to make it up to all of you!

Thank you for all your support!

With love,

~Kei-chan <3