1

Unnoticed

Behind the glamor and pretense lay innocence... and a battered soul.

 

 

Blergh.
He burped loudly, leaning his head back against the sofa seat.
"Now I'm feelin so fly like a G6~"
Stumbling as he stood up, he sang loudly to the song that was blasting throughout the club. His limbs were flailing everywhere as he was trying to "dance" to the beat.
Yeah, he was definitely pissed drunk.

And yet, despite how noisy and obnoxious he was being, no one noticed him. No one noticed the one that had been sitting in that corner of that VIP lounge and gulping down the alcohol like there was no tomorrow--- the Seungri of Big Bang. All the girls in the club were probably all too busy fawning over their beloved GD & Top. And all the guys who were too busy grinding against their girlfriends could care less what another drunk guy was doing. Maybe, Seungri could be one of the Dirty Eyed Girls, dancing wildly to Abracadabra on the tabletop and probably no one would notice.
   So he did just that.

Miraculously stumbling his ways out of the VIP lounge without destroying any objects, Seungri decided to make his home on top of the nearby seemingly empty table.

"ireona mijyeonaega , jimseunjim seung kat deon keu reon naega
Neo ddaemone doranaega-
"

He was so into it. He was swaying his hip without missing one beat.
"Hey! What are you doing on that table?"
"
-deureon naro pyeonhae naega. What did you sa-"


Seungri lurched forward to see who was talking to him, his shoes span and shook the entire tablecloth, and Bam!, sending all the plates and beer bottles on that table to the floor and well, Seungri, to go with it.

"Oww," he groaned in pain as he tried to stand up, slightly awoken from his intoxicated state but at the same time pissed that his flawless dance routine was ruined. He was ready to give whoever interrupted him a piece of his mind.
"Umm... Are you ok?" Even in his sedated state, Seungri was taken aback by how beautiful the voice was. Although his English wasn't proficient, he knew enough to understand her question.
He lifted his face and met eyes with the owner of that voice, a gorgeous girl in stylishly messy brown hair and hazel eyes. Her mixed foreign and Korean features made her look undeniably dazzling.
Then suddenly, he jerked his head, as if he suddenly remembered something important.
"I don't know where GD or Top is. Taeyang is not here. And no, I won't give you their numbers," he curtly stated in Korean, as if he was sure he had answered a string of silent questions. All the gorgeous girls, no, any girls, always approached Seungri for the above-stated questions.
He was sick of it.
He was sick of always being the neglected maknae.
He was sick of always being left out of the limelight, no matter how much he tried.
He was sick of everything.


"Huh?" the girl was clearly confused by Seungri's odd reply. She figured he didn't understand her question in English and opted to use Korean now instead, "I was only asking you if you are okay," she continued softly.
She brought her hands to touch his bruised cheeks, making Seungri hiss in pain.
"Come on. Let's get you some band-aid,"
With that, the girl grabbed his arm and led him towards the exit, while Seungri dazedly followed, with one small thought at the back of his mind.

   In that noisy and crowded club where no one seemed to care who he was, she did. She noticed him.

 

 

 



"Urggh," he groaned and buried his head into the pillow, inhaling the scent of fresh flowers. Wait! Flowers?!
Seungri's panda eyes shot open as they scanned the surrounding.
"Where the hell am I?" he asked himself. Then he looked down towards the blanket in panic and sighed in relief when he saw that he still had clothes on. Phew! Thank God! I thought I lost my ity without remembering any of it.

Sleepily stumbling out of the room while massaging his temple to relieve the throbbing pain in his head, he mentally cursed. Urggh. Goddamn hangover.

The smell of pancakes, eggs, and bacon greeted him as soon as he entered the kitchen. What shocked him, however, was the sight of the girl cooking by the stove. Something about her suddenly made him feel nostalgic. When was the last time he ate a homemade meal by his mom? No. When was the last time he even called home?

Seungri awkwardly cleared his throat to let the girl know he was there.
"Oh! Good morning~" she turned around and greeted him cheerfully in Korean. The girl turned out to be the one he met at the club last night. Damn, she looked even more gorgeous when I'm sober.
"Err...Hi." he greeted back lamely. Yeah. Real smooth, Seungri. "Um. So why am I here?" He didn't want to sound rude, but he was honestly confused. And his head was still throbbing.
"Well, at the club last night," she answered, a smile dancing on her lip as if she was trying to hold in her laughter, "you were dancing on my and my friends' table, so umm I try to get you down, but you fell and hurt yourself. I was supposed to bandage your wounds, but you passed out,"
"I didn't know where to take you after that, so I took you back to my apartment,"
she finished, entirely amused at how embarrassed Seungri was about the whole situation. Why do you always have to act so stupid in front of pretty girls, Seungri? He mentally chided himself.
"Well, thank you for taking care of me last night," he said and flashed her an apologetic smile.
"Ah. It was no problem, umm..." she struggled for his name, clearly not knowing who he was. Hmm. Why wouldn't she know who he was? He was Seungri. Seungri of Big Bang! Wait, he was in the U.S., not Korea, so most people probably really didn't know who he was at all.

Wait a minute! The U.S... filming of "Tonight"... flight to Korea...
"OH MY GOSH! My flight!" Seungri exclaimed in panic, "Look, I'm really sorry about last night. Thank you for letting me stay. I gotta go now! I have a plane to catch,"
And with that, Seungri bolted out the door, but not before yelling back,
"Seungri! My name is Lee Seungri!"