chapter three

Escape to Luhan's Mansion: Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter three.

 

"I do not want to get married to Luhan, mother!" Li Ying said for the umpteenth time. 

"Why not?" her mother asked. 

"Aren't the reasons obvious, mother? He doesn't love me and he is getting married to someone else!" Li Ying answered, holding back her tears.

"But you love him a lot, don't you?" her mother asked.

"I do but I care about him. I don't want him to get hurt. Sometimes you have to think about other people, mother," Li Ying said as she stormed up to her room.

"Li Ying! Get down her this instant!" her mother yelled but Li Ying ignored her.

She walked into her room and slammed the door shut behind her. Tears starting streaming down her face and tilted her head back to stop it from coming down but it didn't work.

Li Ying leaned against the door and slid down, sobbing quietly. She bit on her lower lip to prevent her from making sounds. 

She spent the night crying herself to sleep. 

Hye Ri gulped as she reached the gate of Luhan's house. 

Luhan's mother had called Hye Ri over to the house and Hye Ri ran out of her apartment as quick as light. 

"I really should've thought twice. Luhan's going to kill me if he finds out," Hye Ri muttered underneath her breath. 

She rang the doorbell and the gate creaked open. She walked up to the doorstep and looked up at the huge mansion. That mansion really brought back memories of her high school years.

As she stepped up the three steps to get to the doorstep, she caressed her dress and put a strain of her hair behind her ear. 

Before Hye Ri could even knock, the door swung open. "Young Miss!" one of the maids gasped. 

Hye Ri put her finger to her lips and shook her head. "You can't call me that anymore, silly," Hye Ri laughed.

She really did miss the maids that worked in Luhan's mansion. They were friends to Hye Ri. 

"I heard you're getting married to Mr Luhan," the young maid said. 

Hye Ri nodded. The news got to this household so fast, Hye Ri said in her mind. 

"I suppose Madame wants to talk to you about that," the young maid sighed.

She led Hye Ri up to the library, where Mrs Xi was. Hye Ri thanked the young maid and reached out for the doorknob with shaky hands.

She twisted it and the door opened. She walked in and felt a shiver run down her spine.

"You called to see me, Mrs Xi?" Hye Ri called out.

"Ah, yes. Hye Ri," Mrs Xi's voice echoed. 

Damn this is like a scene from a horror movie, Hye Ri thought.

"Come, take a seat," Mrs Xi said.

The scary thing is that Hye Ri could only hear her voice. Hye Ri gulped and walked over to the far end of the library where they had seats. 

Hye Ri saw Mrs Xi sitting down on her red colored arm chair while reading a book.

Hye Ri sat down on the seat opposite Mrs Xi and shifted nervously on her seat. Mrs Xi put her book down and crossed her arms. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter