chapter one

Escape to Luhan's Mansion: Special
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter one.

 

"What do you mean engaged? Since when?" Mrs Xi, Luhan's mom, questioned her secretary as she slammed down the pile of papers she was just looking through.

The young secretary jumped at her sudden act and backed away a little, afraid that Mrs Xi will start throwing things.

"I-I'm not sure when. The bodyguards just said that they saw Luhan and his girlfriend walk out from Emperial Building," the secretary stuttered. 

"Emperial Building? The place to book ballrooms?" Mrs Xi asked, her tone of voice getting louder. 

The secretary nodded and Mrs Xi pointed to the door, asking the secretary to leave. The secretary walked towards the door quickly and closed it behind her. 

Mrs Xi threw down her reading glasses and massaged her temples. Not long later, she picked up her phone and called her secretary in again. 

"Yes ma'am?" the secretary said. 

"Bring me Miss Tan Li Ying," Mrs Xi said. 

The secretary nodded and dashed out of her office. When Mrs Xi heard the door shut close, she smiled and tapped her fingers on the table.

"Luhan," Hye Ri said as she tapped on her fiance's shoulder. 

"Yes?" Luhan turned back and gave her a smile. 

Hye Ri sat down next to him and sighed. It has been two weeks since Luhan proposed and Hye Ri was indeed happy but she was somewhat worried at the same time.

"Is something bothering you?" Luhan asked her, as if he read her mind. 

Hye Ri shifted in her seat and nodded her head slowly. "It's about your parents," Hye Ri began. 

Luhan groaned. He hated talking about his parents. He knew that they hated Hye Ri to the max but that won't stop him from loving her. 

"They obviously won't give their blessings to our marriage. What will we do without your parents' blessings?" Hye Ri asked.

"So what? That won't stop us from marrying each other. Right?" Luhan smiled as he asked her, looking straight into her eyes.

Hye Ri didn't answer.

Luhan frowned a little. "Don't you agree?" he asked again, hoping that she would answer but she didn't.

"Hye Ri," he sighed, clasping her hands with his. 

"It's not that I don't agree, Luhan. Don't get the wrong idea. I love you," Hye Ri finally spoke up. Luhan smiled, obviously relived that she said that.

"But," Hye Ri continued,"I'm afraid that if we get married, your parents and my brother will do all sorts of things to break us up."

Luhan let go of her hands and stood up. "So you're saying that you don't want to get married with me now?" he asked.

Hye Ri groaned. "I didn't say that!" she retorted.

"You didn't say it but you're obviously stating the fact indirectly," Luhan protested and stormed out of the café.

Hye Ri slumped back on her seat and covered her face with her hands. "Here we go again," she muttered. 

The past two weeks Luhan and Hye Ri had also been caught up in numerous useless fights. The fights always start when they talk about the marriage. 

Hye Ri stood up after some time and walked out of the café. She didn't bother finding her soon-to-be-husband because she knew if she goes finding him, he'll just ignore her.

As the weather was quite chilly, she hugged herself as she walked. Suddenly, as she was walking, someone bumped into Hye Ri, causing H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter