Neuf

Last Day

--11:20--

The night went by fast, so much happened in such a short period of time, it's funny how time works like that, 'time flies by when you're having fun'. It was obvious to both of us that this was going to end too soon; all good things really do come to an end. We sat in the bench, still trying to capture back our energy after our adrenaline pumping adventure from just before. I was sitting against the arm of the bench as Jiyoon was resting her head on my thighs, her body lain across the bench, recovering. I can only imagine that this was the first time Jiyoon had consumed alcohol, what type and how much still remained a mystery to me. However, the discomfort of Doojoon's touch and the haunting memory of his actions still lingered in my memory: the aggression of how he shoved me against that wall and treated my body as if it were useless and intimate, he was a monster. Shudders ran through my body at the thought of what Doojoon did to me, he was so caring and innocent back at school- but today? Obviously not. Feeling distressed, I started to play with Jiyoon's hair as she rested peacefully on my lap. 

The atmosphere had appeased, as all was left to do was to escape the chaos that was experienced earlier. If alone, this place could easily be thought to have an eerie vibe considering the dimmed greenish light post, cool breeze sweeping over rustling the trees, how secluded it was and who could be lurking in the dark; this was all not even considered as to us it was relaxing, however, once daylight would strike, this place will be the opposite as children will conquer the playground, therefore, the volume and energy levels will rise. I trusted that we had no stalkers watching -or admiring from afar-  planning to violate us. I am so done with that, I am not putting up with any male again. I looked at Jiyoon who was in recovery mode, eyes closed tight creating wrinkles between the brows, chest heaving, I never though anyone would look so beautiful while resting. Pity that soon this will all be gone.

Suddenly my mood fell to the very depths, our time together was running out and the reality of me having to leave Jiyoon was becoming true. I felt angry as I never realized that the circumstances for this would end up in abandoning Jiyoon, leading to heartbreak and pain. Why is it I now have to abandon Jiyoon? Why is it that I didn't confess earlier? Why didn't she confess earlier? We could've had whatever this was a lot earlier! The pain struck me in the chest, how was I going to leave? The plane isn't going to be waiting just for me, and missing it isn't an option. Maybe I could miss the flight and stay with Jiyoon? No, that would cause way too much confusion, especially in the effort to actually get me down there without legal happening. The emotions gushed over me as I didn't want to leave Jiyoon, she was too precious to let go of, especially with the chances of never seeing her again. No, I won't that happen, once I graduate the first person I'm going to see is Jiyoon. Oh how I am going to miss her, her touch. her kisses, her embrace, her flawlessness; nothing can compare. There was no one out there that could replace her, let alone spend the rest of my life with. 

Tears started to form in my eyes, I hope Jiyoon doesn't wake up and see me like this, the situation would only get worse. The tears fell from my face and landed on Jiyoon's forehead, just missing her messy fringe. The light feeling of droplets on her forehead managed to stir up Jiyoon, she slowly opened her eyes and sat up slowly, stretching her arms on the way up,

"Is it raining Gayoonie?" she said half consciously, then looking me in the eye. Jiyoon soon realized then it wasn't rain, but my tears. Now it looked really obvious, I started to silently sob. I really dislike sobbing, it makes people look and sound really ugly; the things that emotions do to you. Jiyoon pulled me in for a hug as she wrapped her arms around me then caressed my face, wiping the tears away. 

"Jiyoon, why? All I want is you but instead I'm going to have to abandoned what I desired the most!" Jiyoon tightened the hug, 

"This is all a bit silly isn't it, we both stuffed up. It shows that you shouldn't hesitate to showing your love to people, otherwise you may completely lose it making it all a waste." Jiyoon said softly, she also started to tear up, "Come on Gayoon, let's go back to the hotel and just spend the time as wisely as we can..." With that we both got up and Jiyoon led the way back to the hotel, she held my hand and we intertwined our fingers, I am going to miss how we do this. We left the park and walked on a path through the busy city, where even at this hour, it was still buzzing as much as it was earlier. A city that never sleeps indeed. Just like our car ride earlier, we didn't talk all that was needed was our presence and that did all the talking. However, we couldn't stop anywhere to get something to eat as they had just closed, except for the nearby convenience store near the hotel. "Gayoonie", Jiyoon pointed towards the store and tugged my arm with aegyo, "I feel like an ice cream, can we get one...please". Her aegyo always managed to melt me inside, I can never give in when she uses it. I had no other option but to agree, besides, I wanted one too so no complaints. 

We browsed the store until we reached where the ice creams were, Jiyoon picked hers, I picked mine and we were off to the hotel. "Thank you Gayoonie" Jiyoon said with aegyo and kissed me. I smiled and watched her devour her ice cream, watching her lips. God Gayoon, don't be such a ert. Soon, we arrived in the hotel as we made our way to our room still with our ice creams. We stumbled into the room and fell on our bed, me falling first and Jiyoon shortly landing on me.

"What a day" I exclaimed, pushing Jiyoon up scrunching up the ice cream wrapper. Jiyoon also got up, she had the ice cream all over . "Jiyoon, you're such a messy eater!" we laughed,

"Well, why don't you...clean it up for me?" she said while leaning forward towards me,

"Oh, the pleasure is mine." I placed her lips on hers and kissed her slowly, she tasted like sweet, strawberry ice cream mixing with my rich, chocolate ice cream. I pushed her down so she was lying down and devoured her like she devoured her ice cream. 

 

---

I shoved my bag in the overhead compartment and sat down in my seat, which -thankfully- was located next to the window. So far I was the first one in my row to arrive, hopefully it'll stay like that. 

Please ensure that all seatbelts are fastened prior to take-off.

I clicked my seatbelt into place, this was the first time I've ever traveled on my own. It was somewhat nicer to be able to do things at your own pace, but not having company made me feel lonely. When this plane leaves, I'm going to be as lonely as anything. Having to leave behind the one I love, I'm on my own now. I looked out and leaned against the window, replaying over and over the events that happened within those 24 hours. People started to sit next to me, I smiled at them and greeted them. I checked my phone before take off for any messages, but there were none, instead I went to look at my photos and looked at all our derpy selca's [6] , not a single feeling of pain was felt as looking at them made me happy. 

---

-2:54AM-

The movie had finished, and Jiyoon had fell asleep on me. It was rather late, but I still had another task at hand while Jiyoon was asleep. I had to arrange how she was getting home and how I was going to leave her. I moved slowly to try not wake her up, Jiyoon was a deep sleeper, whenever she had the chance, she could sleep into the hours of the afternoon. I found a pen and notebook -provided kindly by the hotel- and I wrote a note to her, leaving it on the bedside table, putting her phone as a paperweight on it. I then took the phone into the bathroom, closed the door slightly and called reception to organize a car for Jiyoon to get home in. I don't care how much money it cost, it was all for Jiyoon. She could even get a buffet breakfast if she woke early enough; the things that I do for this girl. I yawned as I noticed it was almost 3am and I had a plane to catch at 8PM. Well, only a few hours of sleep for me then. I set my alarm for 5:00AM, got into bed and cuddled in with Jiyoon, putting us in a spooning position. I wrapped my arms around her as Jiyoon was sleeping soundly, I'm going to miss this greatly. 

-5:00AM-

I heard the sound of my alarm go off, 2 hours of sleep? Meh, I can sleep on the plane. Jiyoon and I were still in the same position, this was a tough position to get out off. Luckily the alarm didn't wake her up, I moved slowly without moving her too much and I got up successfully. I had short time to get ready and go off to the airport. I showered, changed, applied make-up to conceal my panda eyes without having to make myself look like a hobo arriving at the airport. I picked up my small pink suitcase stood it up-right, I went over to Jiyoon and kissed her on the lips,

"I'm sorry I had to leave you this way Jiyoon." I whispered, "I love you". I felt tears forming in my eyes, they stung as my eyes were still fragile from lack of sleep. I wiped them away and quickly exited the room before I was bombarded with emotions.  

---

The nosey lady next to me watched me look at my photos, she smiled,

"Are you leaving your best friend?" I nodded slowly, "Ah, that must be tough. When I was your age I probably would be flooding this plane with my tears". I smiled and put away my phone and looked out the window,

Good morning ladies and gentlemen, welcome aboard ________ Airlines... 

This was it, goodbye Jiyoon. Hopefully I will be seeing you in the near future, I will try my hardest to get back to you and continue what we started. 

 

 

 

 

 

---

 

 

 

 

 

[6]-

 

 

 

That all folks. Thanks for reading, I'm glad to have gotten this story off my chest even though its