Un

Last Day
Today was the last day of school for the entire year, one more year and I'll be graduating. Even though the thought was wonderful, seeing that there would be no more pains of high school, there was also the awful after thought of what is my future is going to be like. I know I want a career in fashion, but who knows how that'll turn out. All I can do is work hard and hope for the best. 
 
As it was the last day, work wasn't a requirement but in this class I was lonely and bored. I felt a vibrating pulse come from my phone in my pocket, I secretly checked it even though the teacher probably didn't give two s about it; but you never knew who or what could see and have a wild reaction about a simple piece of technology .
 
I secretly hoped to myself that the text was from Jiyoon but it was only Hyuna. The text read,
 
"UNNIE, IM SCARED FOR THE BELL!!!!!111!1 GAYOON UNNIE IVE NEVER BEEN SCARED OF THE BELL BEFORE ㅠㅠ"
 
I smiled at the text but then I also felt a pang of hurt. By the time that bell rings, my time at this school will be up. Today was not just the last day of school but it was also my last day of school. God, when that bell goes it's going to be a tidal wave of emotions. My group of friends, they've all been so supportive by giving me gifts and personal letters which have touched my heart [1]. I never knew how much of an influence I was to them; I wasn't as popular as some of them were, I wasn't as pretty and I definitely wasn't as bubbly and outgoing as them. I would classify myself as an introvert, but our different personalities never clashed. Our friendship was the number one thing I was grateful for, it was irreplaceable.  As I was caught in deep thoughts I could hear the wretched sound of the school bell ringing into the oblivion. 
 
"Here we go", I thought to myself. I picked up my bag from underneath my desk, swung it around my shoulder and exited the class seeing Hyunah and Sohyun trying to sprint over to me as their bags swayed awkwardly behind their backs.
 
"GAYOON UNNIE!" They squealed, as once they reached me they spear tackled me into a hug, nearly taking me off-balance. They calmed down for a moment trying to recover from their 100m sprint, and they then looked me straight in the eye. I could see both of them have tears welling in their eyes, which couldn't be contained for long as they soon turned into human waterfalls of emotion. They both cried into my shoulders and I held them in a tight embrace. Hyunah whined while occasionally choking up, 
 
"W-w-why? Why, do you have to leave unnie! That's it I'm going to kidnap you, and you're staying at my house"
 
"Shut up Hyuna, I'm going to kidnap her first, whether you like it or not", Sohyun looked me in the eye, "You're staying with me unnie". Suddenly Hyuna grabbed my arm, followed quickly by Sohyun grabbing my other arm,
 
"I'm sorry but as much as I want to, I can't stay with any of you!", I said calmly. They returned to hugging me, without any hesitation. I looked over their shoulders to see that the rest of the group was walking down. Jihyun, Gina and even to my disappointment, Doojoon and his group of friends. Unfortunalty, I have to live with the burden of Doojoon having to 'like' me, people are forever bugging me about him wanting to know our 'relationship' status when we are nothing but classmates. As much as Doojoon tries, it only comes with a counterattack of rejection. One thing that came to my dismay was seeing Jiyoon lurking at the back of the pack, not looking fussed about the situation at hand. 
 
---
 
Jeon Jiyoon, how someone could be so perfect questions me everyday. She is my biggest guilty pleasure, she was like an prestige painting as you could only look, but not touch, where so much resistance comes in to keep my hands to myself without having to make the situation awkward and wreak our friendship. Our friendship was something special, most of times we seem like the best of friends but then there are times where we keep our distance, but always have each other's backs. I was head over heels over her, sometimes I feel like our friendship consisted of me giving too much effort into her and her never giving back making me feel like a fool, but no, she continued to stay by my side.
 
Our friendship started towards the end of primary school where we first met and became very close friends, but as we moved on into middle school we had separated; forgetting about each other's existence. It wasn't until we were about to move on into high school we had almost all of our classes together and we realized what we missed with each other during those years. However, that's when I also started to see Jiyoon in another light, love was something that I thought never existed with me but damn, I got addicted. I noticed how perfect she was in different ways. Sure she isn't as y as Hyuna but boy, her looks have me tripping all over her. When it comes to the arts, Jiyoon is a triple threat, she can dance, act and can sing so undeniably well! Unfortunately for me, she would ever feel the same and I would hate to break our friendship if I ever confessed to her. I haven't told anyone about it, seeing that society isn't really cool with this type of thing; Jihyun and I have had some very deep conversations about it though as she was the one with all the 'love guru' and was the mother figure of our group where she would support us through everything. 
 
-----
 
We slowly made our way towards the school gate as it was time to say my final goodbye. I'm surprised that Hyuna and Sohyun haven't flooded the school yet with their tears, even Jihyun started bawling her eyes out. However, I wasn't feeling overwhelmed with emotions as not a single tear left my eye, but the pain lingered on the inside. I felt a bit of guilt as this is probably making me look heartless, it was hard to express my emotions throughout this. What intrigued me most was the absence of Jiyoon during my farewell, what if she's gone home without a care in the world?  I crane my head up above the crowd in the search for Jiyoon, but she's no where to be seen. This made tears well up in my eyes, as not only was I sad, but agnry. 
 
Due to it being the end of the day, the rush to get home was gone as the majority of people had gotten home to start their well earned holiday was on-going. People walking past us looked strangely to see red faces with streaming tears, especially with Hyuna and Sohyun making quite a scene. They didn't want to leave me seeing that this is most likely the last time they'll ever see me again but they had transportation waiting for them. Gina, Jihyun and I had our own cars so there wasn't much of a rush. I tried to avoid Doojoon as much as I could but I had to say goodbye without being rude, so I gave him a simple hug; h left with his gang earlier to my relief. They left one-by-one as many people -surprising- came to say goodbye, even if we didn't really know each other. The place was deserted, but still no sign of Jiyoon. 
 
I turned around to have a last look at the school before going to my car, to my surprise I saw someone leaning against the gate. It was Jiyoon, 
 
"Yah, you thought you could go without saying bye to me?"
 
 
--------------------
 
[1]- LET'S HAVE A HEART TO HEART TO HEART