Window Spray

Red Bean Bread

After what seemed like hours in Chanyeol's arms, Kyungsoo finally returned to reality and released his arms from his friend's back. 

"I'm sorry, that probably scared you." he said as he let go of Chanyeol. "Let's head to where your counter is." The embarassed Kyungsoo scurried over to the counter, completely avoiding Chanyeol's eyes. As he was heading over there, he even bumped the candy rack; thus causing a slight thump. He rubbed his ankle slightly and continued to limp over to the destination. 

Chanyeol wanted to help his clumsy friend, but Kyungsoo was just too adorable. The image of the panicking boy made Chanyeol smile. "Why is he so nervous all of a sudden? Could it be because of me?" Chanyeol thought to himself. The possibility of this being true made Chanyeol a little too excited. He then slowly met his friend at the counter.

After breathing a couple of times and touching his face constantly, Kyungsoo finally regained his normal face color. But looking at Chanyeol would be a little more difficult from now on. "So this is where you will be working at. Here's the cash register, the plastic bags, and the credit card scanner." Kyungsoo pointed out. 

"Well obviously." Chanyeol teased. 

"Then I guess I don't need to help you since you already know what to do, smartass." Kyungsoo retorted. 

"Kyungsoo you get so mad easily, you know I'm just messing with you." Chanyeol grinned as he hit Kyungsoo's arm. 

"Park Chanyeol...you are one troublemaker aren't you? If we didn't have snacks to restock, I would've gotten you back. So don't think I'm gonna let you off so easily like this!" Kyungsoo asserted. 

The short employee then scurried to the storage room. His small figure looked so precious in Chanyeol's eyes. He could not stop staring. 

"Aren't you gonna start come? What's taking so long?!" an irritated voice yelled from across the storage room.

"Coming!" answered the love-stricken boy. 

Inside the room, large boxes filled with all sorts of snacks piled up on each other. The dark room had only a narrow space to walk through. How on earth could anybody get anything through? 

Nevertheless, he still attempted to pass through the tight space, trying not to bump Kyungsoo in anyway. But it obviously could not be done. Their backs ended up touching slightly as they reached for the cardboard boxes up top. 

Kyungsoo felt a subtle electric shock as the two's backs rubbed against each other. He did not know if the other had felt it, but for some reason, it felt slightly comfortable. But of course, he could not make it so apparent that he was enjoying this gentle touch. 

Chanyeol, on the other hand, felt so nervous. Being in a dark, cramped room with his crush suddenly gave him dirty thoughts. He wanted to get out of there as soon as possible. The sweaty boy clutched the boxes and sprinted out to the snack aisle. He even tripped on the counter on the way. 

After meeting Chanyeol outside, Kyungsoo joined him in putting the cookies away.

Chanyeol carelessly threw the packages against each other, hoping to get it done as soon as possible. 

"Chanyeol, you can't just throw it in like that, you'll crush them all!" Kyungsoo yelled as he frantically fixed the mess. 

Seeing as Kyungsoo was so concerned with this job, Chanyeol quickly complied and restacked the cookies.  

Kyungsoo smiled as he saw Chanyeol fixing his little habits. Working with Chanyeol was not so bad after all. 

"Help me wipe the windows later, 'kay?" Kyungsoo asked. 

"Sure, I'll go get all the stuff." Chanyeol replied. 

As Chanyeol returned, Kyungsoo ordered, "We'll get things done faster if we start on different sides, so you can go over there."

Feeling slightly disappointed that they are not working side by side, Chanyeol walked across the store to the other side. 

"This is so boring", he thought to himself. Indeed, Chanyeol was not used to these strenuous duties. But if he was going to have to do these sort of tasks from now on, he might as well get it done well. Using his long arms, he extended the wet cloth and scrubbed the windows in a circular motion. This method proved to be effective since he got all of the stains. Well almost, the ones in the corner are a little trickier. 

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, took his time. The boy sprayed some cleaner and wiped, sprayed then wiped, the process was consistent. His windows turned out to be sparkling. 

"Hey Kyungsoo, since we're gonna be working together from now on, we should get to know each other better." Chanyeol brought up. 

"Sure, what do you wanna know?" Kyungsoo replied.

"Hmm, well instead of me asking you a bunch of questions, let us guess each other's interests." Chanyeol recommended. "Like our favorite colors."

"Okay. Let's see, you seem like the type to like blue, Chanyeol."

"Nope, you're wrong. I'll give you two more chances."

"Err...green?"

"Wrong again."

"...is it brown?" 

"What is wrong with you? Who even likes brown?"

"Shut up, I like brown! Without brown, can there be chocolate? I don't think so. Hmph."

"Well that's why there's white chocolate, you fool!" 

"This is exactly why I don't like talking with you sometimes. What is it anyways?"

"It's red! It should be pretty obvious."

"Well it's not that easy, you know. There's like a billion colors in the world. Try guessing mine then."

"Umm you just said you liked brown."

"I like brown, but that doesn't mean it's my favorite color you ."

"Fine then. Is it orange?"

"No."

"White."

"Ha you actually got it correct." 

"Really? It was just a lucky guess."

"You know what, this is actually kinda fun. What's next? Oh! Favorite food?"

"Pizza!"

And like that the two went on guessing for the whole shift. Fortunately, there were no customers that day to witness their nonsensical conversations. However, what really mattered was how much they learned about each other. And even thoughtheir relationship right now is not clear, it does not change the fact that the two are truly fond of one another.