Azalea

Rail runners *Half post apocalyptic half survival*

When we shut the doors to the mansion the kids lived in Nahyun grabbed my arms. He pressed me against the wall and he looked angry. 

"If their father finds out we are going to loose our jobs." He squeezed my arms tightly, but a body tackled him. I dropped to the ground and stood by Hyunsu to watch them bicker. A second body came from the darkness, but I stuck my arm out to stop him. Kwanjae wrapped his hands around my arm, but didnt try to get to our appa. In a few seconds appa had Nahyun pinned and I stepped forward. 

"You might, but I wont." I kicked him hard before stepping back. Appa stood next to me before touching my shoulder lightly. "Go back to the station." Nahyun stalked off darkly through the rain while I turned back to my family. 

"Sooyun." I was wrapped in arms and the light smell of my appa reached my nose. 

"Appa, Kwanjae." Hyunsu stood back a step. He had to watch for other hunters. "What are you doing here though? Why are you in the city?" 

"Havnt you heard? There is an uprising starting." Appa smacked Kwanjae. 

"Hush." 

"We wont say anything, you should know that." Hyunsu stepped towards Kwanjae before wrapping his long arms around his hyung. "We've missed you." 

"Where have you been staying?" Thunder rumbled up in the sky, but we couldnt see the lightning this far down. Appa took my hand and pulled me through the darkness. 


There was a small boy leaning against a wall who looked up at us as we approached. He held his hand out and asked for donations. Lots of kids did these days. When Kwanjae pulled back his hood the kid knocked on the wall. A door swung open and we were ushered inside. There were all kinds of runners in the room doing all sorts of things. Eating, sleeping, cleaning, showering. It was weird. A young, nicely dress girl walked towards us. 

"Chung Ho, I was starting to get worried." She pulled out food and handed it to appa. "Who are these?" 

"These are my other two children." She stepped towards me with a huge smile. 

"Sooyun and Hyunsu. I've heard so much about you both!"